• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.124 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave your comments here or visit us on Facebook! :)

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

You can locate the Announcement HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshmeboy

Looks like they will address many areas this go around and are trying to solve the RQ lag....Seems an easy button is available now as well. The redesign city button. Oh well.....the heart and soul of city strategy is now an easy click away...no need for store building prizes...not sure if it's good or bad...

DeletedUser

Seems an easy button is available now as well. The redesign city button.
They actually said that this one will not be available on the live servers in the near future, as it is entering an extended beta testing phase.

I don't know how anyone could complain about this changelog, it all looks like it is very responsive to the feedback that's been given, but I'm sure the old standbys will find something to complain about.:rolleyes:

centaurgod

I do not like your new option ,,,,,,
""Additionally, the production windows will now always take all your active boosts into consideration before starting a production.""
This is very misleading.!!!
There is no guarantee that when you go to collect, that these same bonus add-ons will still be active.

qaccy

@centaurgod I would assume that, as is currently the case, if you for whatever reason lose the applicable bonus, the production value will update to display the correct number. It's not really misleading as long as the correct value is always displayed.

I'd thought they might have forgotten that the plan was to remove the Treasure Hunt, but it looks like the time has finally come. Everything else looks to be good. Guess we just wait for the update and see if everything works as advertised!

Toppcatt

I see that they still are NOT addressing a single thing about the build up of lagging in the game, that has been going on ever since 2 update/"fixes" ago. Nor anything about that for the 1st time "opening" the Tavern in my city (after logging in or after the refreshing that I have to do 30 times a day), takes anywhere from 7 to 10 seconds to finally open.

The 1st 10 cities I visit is OK, but from the 11th on, the lagginess increases for each city after that, until finally by the 25th at the very most, it becomes almost impossible to continue playing, without having to refresh, or as I have written before, sometimes having to log out and back in again. The continuing crashing, especially after doing any fighting or visiting, also continues to be a problem, that has been worse ever since that same update.

centaurgod

@centaurgod I would assume that, as is currently the case, if you for whatever reason lose the applicable bonus, the production value will update to display the correct number. It's not really misleading as long as the correct value is always displayed./QUOTE]

I may not have been 100% clear.... It seems that WHILE the building is producing, the mouse over would show what you COULD collect if you were to be able to collect at that moment but not necessarily what you will collect when you actually do the collection. What I think is wrong(not correct?) it to show an inflated number at the time you are making the decision as to what to produce. I believe that many will complain that "It said I was to get X supplies but I only got Y supplies." and feel that were somehow cheated. I think the base value is the one that should be displayed during the selection process, and to keep the mouse over (full calculation) as it is, as this is the closest the collected value as I think you can get.

DeletedUser32193

It looks like some nice updates are coming. Being able to change your layout more easily, woo hoo. I shall be sad to see the Treasure Hunt go. It was the only thing that could be counted on day in and day out except for incidents.

I and many others are constantly disappointed in the Daily Quest, the supposed substitute for Treasure Hunt, because it constantly wants you to take over sectors. Same goes for Events and Story line FAIL FAIL FAIL

All this pressure to take over sectors pushes the story line out of phase. I have had the story line want me to do things that in some instances were two ages above where I was at the time. As a result of these programming errors or oversights, or probably not so subtle attmepts at cooercion, many of us have been forced to stop doing Events, Daily and Story. FAIL

At the moment, in three of my worlds, all of which are HMA, Beware of the Wizard (story quest) wants me to build a tower ruin. That is not something that can be done in HMA. That is a quest for LMA. Why is it showing up in HMA? So the story line in not available. FAIL Infiltrate the Army. Wants you to infiltrate 5 sectors, but if you have already taken one or more of the secors, you can not just infiltrate the others, it demands that you take over the province before you can move on to the next area. It forces you take over all the remaining sectors. So the story line is not available. FAIL

With all the pressure on sectors, maybe many more sectors need to be added to each province. Seriously. Did anyone take into account all the exra pressure Daily Challenge puts on the map? FAIL

In conclusion, taking away Treasure Hunt takes away some of the only fun that is available on a consistent basis that does not cause you to compromise your game play by taking over sectors. That is why it is so sad to see it go. Just collecting adding FP to threads does not keep one's interest in the game...and raiding neighbors is boring beyond belief. Here is an idea. If you made the fighting interface more like the original DOOM, then you would have something, LOL

Please do consider fixing the issues above before adding more fluff.

Thanks.

DeletedUser29055

It looks like some nice updates are coming. Being able to change your layout more easily, woo hoo. I shall be sad to see the Treasure Hunt go. It was the only thing that could be counted on day in and day out except for incidents.

I and many others are constantly disappointed in the Daily Quest, the supposed substitute for Treasure Hunt, because it constantly wants you to take over sectors. Same goes for Events and Story line FAIL FAIL FAIL

All this pressure to take over sectors pushes the story line out of phase. I have had the story line want me to do things that in some instances were two ages above where I was at the time. As a result of these programming errors or oversights, or probably not so subtle attmepts at cooercion, many of us have been forced to stop doing Events, Daily and Story. FAIL

At the moment, in three of my worlds, all of which are HMA, Beware of the Wizard (story quest) wants me to build a tower ruin. That is not something that can be done in HMA. That is a quest for LMA. Why is it showing up in HMA? So the story line in not available. FAIL Infiltrate the Army. Wants you to infiltrate 5 sectors, but if you have already taken one or more of the secors, you can not just infiltrate the others, it demands that you take over the province before you can move on to the next area. It forces you take over all the remaining sectors. So the story line is not available. FAIL

With all the pressure on sectors, maybe many more sectors need to be added to each province. Seriously. Did anyone take into account all the exra pressure Daily Challenge puts on the map? FAIL

In conclusion, taking away Treasure Hunt takes away some of the only fun that is available on a consistent basis that does not cause you to compromise your game play by taking over sectors. That is why it is so sad to see it go. Just collecting adding FP to threads does not keep one's interest in the game...and raiding neighbors is boring beyond belief. Here is an idea. If you made the fighting interface more like the original DOOM, then you would have something, LOL

Please do consider fixing the issues above before adding more fluff.

Thanks.
Ti-: once uou don’t have any sector open, the daily quests will stop asking you to conquer a ssector; so, your problem is easily fixed. Do not open a new sector. You are probably far in the next continen map (lma) thats why your story quest progressed to ask for lma stuff. Some players like me take actually advantage of this, bc advanced story quest will give advanced units. I have units from two ages above, which makes - together with rogues - fighting and defending your city so much easier. So, its a feature, not a bug ;)

I like the updates and look forward to the easier construction mode. Thanks for relaxing the daily quests. I do them daily if possible and have received very nice rewards, soks, fps, rogues, medals, and special buildings. I prefer them now to the treasure hunt, since depedning on the quest, i dono[t have to time my log in times. And many of the stuff is for doing things i do anyway. Oike collect goods or fight or do other quests. Incidents i do too, but not bc of the mediocre rewards, but because they annoy me if they are there.

Please get rid of the victory rivbons, it is childish and annoying.

DeletedUser33297

Ti-: once uou don’t have any sector open, the daily quests will stop asking you to conquer a ssector; so, your problem is easily fixed.

That is interesting. I had been told this by one of my guild leaders so I cleared all open sectors. All I have left is provinces to scout. 3 days later up pops a DC with "Acquire 1 sector." I sent a ticket in, as per my leaders suggestion and got the following response...

OEkFgKd.png

Not sure what's going on with this. :confused::rolleyes:
At least with the new system I wont be penalized. :)

DeletedUser32193

Ti-: once uou don’t have any sector open, the daily quests will stop asking you to conquer a ssector; so, your problem is easily fixed. Do not open a new sector. You are probably far in the next continen map (lma) thats why your story quest progressed to ask for lma stuff. Some players like me take actually advantage of this, bc advanced story quest will give advanced units. I have units from two ages above, which makes - together with rogues - fighting and defending your city so much easier. So, its a feature, not a bug ;)

I like the updates.....<truncated>.

Thank you for your comments. Yes, there are nice things coming but the substitute, DC, has flaws and the game is broken. If, as you said and others have refuted that it will not ask for sectors when the there is not one open, that means that I can not do events because the events demand sectors which will then trigger DC to misbehave. And if the only sectors are out of your age, then the Story line also misbehaves.

Having an inactive story line does not give me troops from another age unless I am missing something.... I am locked out the Story line because it demands things I can not do in my age.

It is apparent that little thought was given to the additional pressures DC puts on the pre-existing infrastructure. This has thrown the game out of balance and brought to light other errors previously mentioned. When you add more demand for sectors, you need to add more sectors otherwise things will and do break or the shortcomings of the design become more evident by Story locking me out because it demands things not in my era.

The Treasure Hunt is one of the things that is dependable. No circus act to perform. No production to disrupt. It just plain works and does not demand anything other than good timing in a range. I hope that Inno does rethink this decision.

DeletedUser30900

Thank you for your comments. Yes, there are nice things coming but the substitute, DC, has flaws and the game is broken. If, as you said and others have refuted that it will not ask for sectors when the there is not one open, that means that I can not do events because the events demand sectors which will then trigger DC to misbehave. And if the only sectors are out of your age, then the Story line also misbehaves.

Having an inactive story line does not give me troops from another age unless I am missing something.... I am locked out the Story line because it demands things I can not do in my age.

It is apparent that little thought was given to the additional pressures DC puts on the pre-existing infrastructure. This has thrown the game out of balance and brought to light other errors previously mentioned. When you add more demand for sectors, you need to add more sectors otherwise things will and do break or the shortcomings of the design become more evident by Story locking me out because it demands things not in my era.

The Treasure Hunt is one of the things that is dependable. No circus act to perform. No production to disrupt. It just plain works and does not demand anything other than good timing in a range. I hope that Inno does rethink this decision.
Why would you push the story line that far and now saying you can’t do it any further? You are half way of LMA story line, how much further you want to go? CA? Or OF :p

DeletedUser31440

Maybe it's not the game that's broken, just your strategy, or lack thereof.