• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser30312

The Cherry Garden is good, and right now it's one of the best with the leveled up pieces. The Summer sets from last year aren't shabby either, and it's possible this year we may see upgrades for them as well if Inno continues the trend.

DeletedUser28370

You don't have to age up until your objectives are met, but Inno also doesn't have to cater the event to you. They want people to progress and they use events as a way to entice people to move up. Offering an alternative to research is a relatively new feature, they could just as easily remove it and force research to progress in events. There is nothing that forces you to build your city one way over another, but if you have trouble with events it may be a good indicator that the current setup isn't as good as you think it should be.
No I do not have a big problem with the events. But in the 2 years I have had my cities I feel that INNO has raised the stakes considerably for newer players. And I could finish the event lickity-split if I wanted to. But why should I waste all MY resources for prizes that are not worth that much. Sure a rogue hide out, whoopy, have a boat load and can start deleting if I want. Should have more save buildings Mass motivations instead of the stupid boost crates that hardly ever give you more than 10% boost this or that. No the problem is a lot of the new players are not spending RL cash for diamonds and this a way for INNO to get that RL cash

DeletedUser34934

Can someone tell me how can I get the Daily Special in the Spring Event?
Thanks

DeletedUser31498

Oh no they're not bringing back the Gong for last day as the special prize?? Man I goofed. Have upgrades for Sakura already, and really wanted the extra FP. that's a big waste for me!

Jase249

Yeah, I was hoping for one more shot at the gong upgrade as well. :(

I think the wiki is wrong on ending date. It says it ends on 4/18, but the in-game timer has it concluding ~4:30am EST on 4/20.

My guess is that the Gong will be the Daily Special for 4/19 and those last couple hours of 4/20.

Reasons:
1. It was up four times on beta and has only been up three here.
2. Much more indicative, I highly doubt you're the only one waiting for one last shot at the Gong, holding pieces in inventory waiting for it. Probably even willing to spend diamonds, right? Putting the Gong up as the last Daily Special would be a cash cow for Inno, and they know it.

DeletedUser32211

I don't care about the set pieces since I don't use any sets from any event. I did want to get the wishing well as the third grand prize. I finally gave up when it became clear that IF I could actually get enough lanterns to get the wishing well it would be very expensive. That happened when I was asked to pay 273,000 coins to get 10 lanterns. The 10 lanterns were about 15% of what I needed to open one big box and that would translate into 20 points towards the 250 needed for the next big prize. The math just didn't work.

DeletedUser34824

For what it's worth...
The Spring event 2018 has been a phenomenal waste of time. I do not trust the probabilities listed for building/upgrade acquisition- statistically they do not represent the experience of myself individually or my guild as a whole. In three and a half years of playing I have never seen a worse event. As much as I enjoy this game, I just cannot forgive dishonesty, especially as it seems to be calculated to deliberately get people to buy and spend diamonds on a rigged game of chance.

DeletedUser31498

I think the wiki is wrong on ending date. It says it ends on 4/18, but the in-game timer has it concluding ~4:30am EST on 4/20.

My guess is that the Gong will be the Daily Special for 4/19 and those last couple hours of 4/20.

Reasons:
1. It was up four times on beta and has only been up three here.
2. Much more indicative, I highly doubt you're the only one waiting for one last shot at the Gong, holding pieces in inventory waiting for it. Probably even willing to spend diamonds, right? Putting the Gong up as the last Daily Special would be a cash cow for Inno, and they know it.
Looks like you're right.

And as for the event, I think by far the worst part was the extremely limited prizes one could win. Almost every other event I can think of, they daily special varied widely (WW, shrines, OBS BPs, etc). Here, one could win a SoK, and no OBS BPs, no WW, etc. THe fixed nature of the 9 chest options to me was the huge failure, but just my opinion. As far as the probabilities being wrong that's just so silly I won't waste more time on that.

But for 62 quests, and to have zero chance at several very commonly offered prizes I thought was disappointing. Do love my cherry set though!

Algona

I think by far the worst part was the extremely limited prizes one could win.

I agree. The secondary Prizes were awful. 80%+ chance of stinky prizes is disheartening. i suspect if there had been some variety and an appreciable variable chance to win good secondary prizes a lot more people would have been happy to go deep into this Event.

A wider variety of Special Buildings. Premium and Mundane Buildings FPs. Goods. Useful quantities of troops. Medals.

You know, things some folks actually strive for in the game?

DeletedUser30312

Agreed with @Algona. The prize distribution, especially in the biggest chests, was horrible. If my luck had been much worse, I'd probably be disgusted with the event.

DeletedUser31882

Even though I was writing off this event, I'm going to complete the quest line in my main world. Future Forum goers may use this as evidence of my poor planning if I ever complain in a future event about not having enough sectors for the quests. As I'm want to do. :rolleyes:

Thanks to DCs, I have 2 Sakura rocks & a Pond. Thanks to the quest line, I'll have an Emperor's Entrance & a Gong. Thanks to lucky lanterns, I have a gong, Emperor's Entrance & Sakura rock upgrade. I was hoping for a Zen Zone upgrade, but my luck wasn't that good. Looks like I will also be just shy of the second Blossom reward, which is another 10 sadness points.

Overall, I'm giving the event a rating of: Meh.

The Ninja/Kitsune profile pictures bump it up to a Meh+. Especially since the nature of the event may make those pictures 'rare'.

DeletedUser32973

Across 9 worlds fully completing this event I've ranged from getting 2 upgrades (2 of the 9 experienced this) to 8 upgrades. Combined with the awful secondary prizes I can understand the vehement hate for this event from the "2 upgrade" people. At least for the carnival, whose RNG was truly maddening, the secondary prizes were pretty good and didn't consist of 3% SoKs.

Praetorius

On my main on F, I managed to finally score one stinkin' Sakura kit and finish the bloody questline. Luckily, I had an extra sakura rock and pond from the previous cherry event and a zen zone from DC to go with the free emperors entry and gong from this year for a 2nd set. If not for being able to make a 2nd set this event would have been a major dud with just one kit to show for it.

Thankfully, my city on Parkog got a full set upgrade so again I'm not sure if I should sing a cheer or flip a table over this event.

Lancer

I forgot to mention yesterday, that this was the best damn line I have read in the forum to date. :D
Thanks for the chuckles Algona

Yes, very much agreed.

@Algona
*The concept of Collect On Time explained in words of one syllable for those that don’t get it." I like this one. Clever.

DeletedUser32973

Inno Games why is the Grand Prize a Gong and not a Gong Kit? Why would you purposely screw us over at the end of this entirely too long event? I didn't even go for the Gong upgrade because I assumed it would be the final prize for completing all 62. Ridiculous!

You can hover over the prize to see exactly what it is you're getting -_-. I'm not really sure how this is screwing anyone over because it's still a really good prize. If you already have one then you have the hardest piece to get for a second set.

DeletedUser34804

I have 2 extra now. To not give the option of a kit is for what reason after a 62 quest fiasco? Can I get an upgrade through Daily or do I have to wait a year for the next Spring event? I'm pretty sure the answer is wait a year.

DeletedUser31440

I didn't even go for the Gong upgrade because I assumed it would be the final prize for completing all 62. Ridiculous!

Well that's just silly, they've been telling you what the final prize is going to be since the event started.