• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

The Arc Has Ruined the Game

Triopoly Champion

8,000 ranking points are very little in 400,000+, the difference was like 100,000 a month ago.

I advanced up to Colonial to catch him up, I believe it'll flip within a week or 2.

I'll post another screenshot a month later, you'll know why higher age players have the advantage over lower ages.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13736

Still didn't answer the question of why you are comparing yourself to a person that in no way will be in your hood or in your game. You are 12th in your hood. That means you need to "easily surpass" 11 other people, which you can't. #10 has 600,000 ranking points, thats about 200,000 more ranking points than you have. That's more than half of the ranking points you currently have. Is that "very little" when comparing it to 400,000? You'd have to increase your ranking points by 50% to surpass even the #10th ranked person. Then you have 9 other people to "easily surpass".
Don't let the numbers scare you though, I know math isn't your forte.

Edited for grammar.

Triopoly Champion

I've seen your Colonial aged city...I doubt that you can "easily surpass" most of your neighbors. What does that mean btw? Are you talking about research? GB's? PvP? Ranking Points?

There are 73 people in my neighborhood, 60 people are behind me, 60/73 is quiet a considerable majority. Whenever there comes a new hood, I surpass more neighbors as the result of the time.

I didn't say it was easy to surpass all of them.

Read this thread - Military Unit: Champion Archer, then you'll know more about this CookieGuy and the history between him and me.

Lucifer1904 -> Points: 502,024 and Battles Won: 855

If I lay the foundation of Inno Tower in, that rank stats will be flipped immediately.

I have 350 fps pack in my inventory, I can purchase Inno Tower goods from my guild leader shortly if I want, but it's better to wait a little longer.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13736

Alright, you win something- 60/72 is a considerable majority.
But another question: How'd I let us get so far off topic? I would like to continue our conversation, so I will be opening a new message to you soon, please reply to that.

Anyway...So...Uh...How about that ARC? Gamechanger amiright?!

DeletedUser30900

Alright, you win something- 60/72 is a considerable majority.
But another question: How'd I let us get so far off topic? I would like to continue our conversation, so I will be opening a new message to you soon, please reply to that.

Anyway...So...Uh...How about that ARC? Gamechanger amiright?!
Man, I give you a round of applause for staying talking to tuck for a huge amount of time

DeletedUser34874

It certainly hurts new players that don't get an Arc. But before the Arc, there was no way (other than spending thousands of dollars and/or doing 50,000 fights) for a new player to ever make significant strides in becoming a top player on the server. Now there is a shortcut...that is no means short, but if someone puts in the time to level The Arc and hunt for FP profits they can essentially close the gap. While it's true they won't surpass a longer playing player who is doing the same thing, since the rewards taper off so much - and the costs to level skyrocket past level 65 or so, the top players will plateau and only be getting very marginally stronger after a point.

So your point boils down to, if a new player wants to be able to compete they need a high level arc?

So why is it a future era gb then? Should be Bronze Age if it’s so important that Iron Age players need it to compete on gvg. Like I said before I run into high level arc and gb in every era. You want me to believe that’s how the average player must play now to compete?

On top of this you get those same level 80 arc players sniping position for gbs that low level play should be able to get making it even more difficult to obtain bp and fp stores. I bet with 3-5 80 level arc players you could go from low level guild to guild and shut down fp threads by just sniping all day. But of course this is what the average new player is meant to deal with

DeletedUser34874

Traz is the real game changer for the ranking points because I can fight more GEs and win more neighbor battles every week.

Ya but you can defend against army’s. Much harder to defend against fp snipers taking places away from you on gbs. Still I get your point however since gb level has more to do with ranking then battle (unless your really pour on the attacks) I would say something that lets you level even traz from 35-65 with no real fp loss is more of a game changer.

DeletedUser31592

Are we considering 400,000 points exceptionally good for CA or something? Because 5 of my 6 lower aged cities have that beat, and at an earlier age. And with very few battles.

upload_2018-4-19_1-18-40.png

**Note that the DB says last updated 4/14 so all of these are a little out of date**

Same order as above:
Y (us24)- EMA, Current Neighborhood Rank- #1, Level 10 Arc. New world so no Mega Arcs to help level. BPs for additional levels are hard to come by
Z (us25)- My only city without an Arc. Playing a 'pure' game here. Recently moved into EMA for reference. Current Neighborhood Rank- #1
Q (us16)- Current Neighborhood Rank- #3 My main, in CE, Arc is almost to level 50. Hopefully will hit 60 by the end of the month, but we shall see. Will be ranked #2 in the hood before we swap Monday.
X (us23)- HMA,Current Neighborhood Rank- #9, just got my Arc after being on a waiting list for months. Only level 5.
R (us17)- EMA, Current Neighborhood Rank- #1, Level 10 Arc
A (us1)- HMA, Current Neighborhood Rank- #2, Level 15 Arc
C (us3)- EMA- Current Neighborhood Rank- #4, Level 8 Arc- stopped playing daily here about a month ago, I think I will transition it to a diamond farm. It has always struggled.(And I actually have 430K ranking points. Pointing this out as it was my lowest ranking point total in cities with an Arc)

So, how it is that we are measuring success? Inquiring minds would like to know. If it is ranking points, imagine where all of my secondary cities will be by the time I age them into CA!!!

Woody*

So your point boils down to, if a new player wants to be able to compete they need a high level arc?

So why is it a future era gb then? Should be Bronze Age if it’s so important that Iron Age players need it to compete on gvg. Like I said before I run into high level arc and gb in every era. You want me to believe that’s how the average player must play now to compete?

On top of this you get those same level 80 arc players sniping position for gbs that low level play should be able to get making it even more difficult to obtain bp and fp stores. I bet with 3-5 80 level arc players you could go from low level guild to guild and shut down fp threads by just sniping all day. But of course this is what the average new player is meant to deal with

No, my point is that - prior to the Arc - a new player could not compete with someone that for example, has a 1-year head start. Unless you pay thousands of real dollars or do 50,000 fights. The Arc gives new players a mechanism to accelerate their growth that wasn't there before. You just have to be willing to work for it.

That benefit isn't applicable to the average player, though. But the average player doesn't need an Arc.

Am I to understand you want the average player to be able to compete with players who put in more hours, or that spend a lot of real $? Well then, should Inno cap all GBs while they are it, because we can't have people getting too strong? Should they also nerf everyone back to Bronze Age to make it a level playing field to satisfy the average player?

Last edited:

DeletedUser34874

No, my point is that - prior to the Arc - a new player could not compete with someone that for example, has a 1-year head start. Unless you pay thousands of real dollars or do 50,000 fights. The Arc gives new players a mechanism to accelerate their growth that wasn't there before. You just have to be willing to work for it.

That benefit isn't applicable to the average player, though. But the average player doesn't need an Arc.

Am I to understand you want the average player to be able to compete with players who put in more hours, or that spend a lot of real $? Well then, should Inno cap all GBs while they are it, because we can't have people getting too strong? Should they also nerf everyone back to Bronze Age to make it a level playing field to satisfy the average player?

You started saying the arc was a short cut and without it a new player couldn’t compete with higher players and that’s why it’s good and ended by asking if I want the average player to be able to compete with higher players and how inno would have to nerf everything

Seriously? If there was no arc to begin with this would be a non issue average players would be able to put in the same amount of time and money and eventually compete also the arc obviouse give a much higher advantage to the longer players anyway.

Make up your mind. Is it a good short cut so average players can compete or should average players not be able to compete because they didn’t put the time in.

DeletedUser34874

Is it just me or are the defenders of the arc always well established old players with high level arcs and multiple worlds with more arcs.

I never hear a new player excited about the day they will be able to get that arc. Seems more like new players feel they have to get it the same way you have to get houses just to proceed in the game.

At the end of the day let’s face it. The arc only benifits those with massive resources to start leveling it. The exploiters will defend the exploit till there last breath acting like it’s a necessity and you have no choice but to exploit.

Graviton

You started saying the arc was a short cut and without it a new player couldn’t compete with higher players and that’s why it’s good and ended by asking if I want the average player to be able to compete with higher players and how inno would have to nerf everything

Seriously? If there was no arc to begin with this would be a non issue average players would be able to put in the same amount of time and money and eventually compete also the arc obviouse give a much higher advantage to the longer players anyway.

Make up your mind. Is it a good short cut so average players can compete or should average players not be able to compete because they didn’t put the time in.

I understood Claire to make two points there, one about the 'average' player and one about the new player who wants to get to #1 right away. The 'average' player isn't concerned with competing for rank points, so doesn't 'need' the Arc. The new player who does want to compete for rank points right away has a 'shortcut' in the Arc that long-time players didn't have, but he or she will still have to put in the time and effort to get there.

BruteForceAttack

So what's the point here?

Average player who doesn't put the effort to build arc looses something

VS

Dedicated player who builds an arc/ understands how game works?

So everyone should scale down to below average?

Like it or not, ARC is a equalizer, it kind of levels the plain filed between old and new players (including the Average players).

Woody*

If there was no arc to begin with this would be a non issue average players would be able to put in the same amount of time and money and eventually compete also the arc obviouse give a much higher advantage to the longer players anyway.

No, not even close to being true. Without the Arc, you could never compete with someone that had a one year head start unless you did one of the 2 caveats I mentioned; spending tons of real money or doing 50,000 fights (more or less depending on the age of your server).

I never hear a new player excited about the day they will be able to get that arc.
I hear from them all the time. But we both have our small sample size influenced by the guilds and friends we play along side. I play in a few guilds that embrace the Arc, so we get new members that want them.

Snarko

Is it just me or are the defenders of the arc always well established old players with high level arcs and multiple worlds with more arcs.

I never hear a new player excited about the day they will be able to get that arc. Seems more like new players feel they have to get it the same way you have to get houses just to proceed in the game.

At the end of the day let’s face it. The arc only benifits those with massive resources to start leveling it. The exploiters will defend the exploit till there last breath acting like it’s a necessity and you have no choice but to exploit.
Well here you go then. I've been playing for less than a year and I was excited to get an Arc. I now have it on two servers, despite the second city not really needing it. (GE focused city)

Now I'm excited to see what happens when I get it to level 80 and how that changes the game.

As for defending the Arc I don't know enough about it's impact on the game yet to tell if it's a good thing or bad. Experienced players, with or without one, are better able to make that judgement. Especially those that know how the game was before it was introduced.

*Arturis*

The Arc does improve your ranking point, not only you get the daily goods from it for points but you can also get points from level your other GBs up, remember every fp donated to your GB worth 15 ranking points, if you look at this top ranking here, I had the least battle, 1/2 of my points came from my Gbs leveled up. Only do GE weekly, not doing GvG unless there is a war going,but that is unlikely in Brisgard.
http://prntscr.com/j7j7yj

Salsuero

As of right now...
I have 4.725 million ranking points in HMA.
I have a level 75 Arc, which I built in IA over a year ago.

I don't see why this argument keeps coming up. You can build an Arc or don't. You can level it or don't. We have all sorts of players in our guild and they all seem to be doing just fine playing the game their own way. If they want an Arc, they go after the goods and prints and build one. Is it overpowered? Who cares... it's in the game now and you can learn to live with or without one. I chose to build one because I felt like it would benefit me to do so as quickly as possible. That doesn't mean I'm right. But I spent/spend a lot of time getting it to where it is now... time and resources that didn't go into other aspects of the game that other people chose to focus on. I don't complain that people can generate more forge points at collection. I don't complain that people have higher attack bonuses or that they make more troops from their Alcatraz. I don't complain that people have more anything than me. If it bothers me, I work to fix it. Otherwise, I'm not playing this game... I'm letting it play me! I have every medal expansion built. That allowed me to build lots of other fun things. I was able to do that because my Arc made me able to reach for higher reward spots and to earn more and more medals on those rewards. Anyone can do this. If you choose to focus on something else, that's awesome! I'm not doing what you are and you are probably way ahead in those aspects than I am. But why does what I do in the game have to impact you so dearly? If you want to compete with me, then you have every opportunity to do so. But I can't compete with you in the ways I've neglected in favor of building my Arc. This is the nature of a game with no way to "win" and several ways to be competitive using multiple different styles of play.

DeletedUser30900

No, the point is if a new player wants to be able to compete, he should wake up and realize it’s not pay to win game and take his time to build up the city