• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Bored of FOE

ITown

I've been playing on and off since 2012 and lately the game has lost its ability to feel fresh and interesting. New ages/eras used to come out every 5 months. Part one of Oceanic came out more than 13 months ago from today. And still no sign of the new era even on beta. On top of that, GE is repetitive, GvG is repetitive, and map battles are so numerous and dull that I no longer fight them manually (fighting those battles manually used to be one of my favorite parts of the game).

Arc kept me interested in the game for a little longer, but it's been out for a few years now and I'm left with a feeling of disinterest when leveling GBs now. I've got 10 GBs at level 75+, and all but one at level 10. The benefits I gain from logging in now are only marginal.

For a long time, I played this game because I enjoyed it. But lately that feeling has devolved into a sense of annoyance when I log in, and frankly, I only play now because of friends who I met in the game.

But that won't be able to keep me logging in for much longer. So, essentially, just throwing out here - Inno, you need to add new, engaging content to this game or I (and others like me) will begin to drop off this game. I know plenty of others from my world who have the same feeling.

DeletedUser29218

I've been playing on and off since 2012 and lately the game has lost its ability to feel fresh and interesting. New ages/eras used to come out every 5 months. Part one of Oceanic came out more than 13 months ago from today. And still no sign of the new era even on beta. On top of that, GE is repetitive, GvG is repetitive, and map battles are so numerous and dull that I no longer fight them manually (fighting those battles manually used to be one of my favorite parts of the game).

Arc kept me interested in the game for a little longer, but it's been out for a few years now and I'm left with a feeling of disinterest when leveling GBs now. I've got 10 GBs at level 75+, and all but one at level 10. The benefits I gain from logging in now are only marginal.

For a long time, I played this game because I enjoyed it. But lately that feeling has devolved into a sense of annoyance when I log in, and frankly, I only play now because of friends who I met in the game.

But that won't be able to keep me logging in for much longer. So, essentially, just throwing out here - Inno, you need to add new, engaging content to this game or I (and others like me) will begin to drop off this game. I know plenty of others from my world who have the same feeling.
I start to feel the same too, I feel I'll run out of objectives soon.

Honestly, I think changing guild could help as a way to spice things a little. But I like my current guild, appreciate its members and have been treated well, so I cannot bear myself to move somewhere else.

DeletedUser26965

OF 6 just went live March 7 so don't expect the next new age for at least 3 months from that. I'm thinking maybe June for Beta and July for Live, something like that anyway. And if they keep with the tiered releases I'm also thinking the next age will probably have something like 8 tiers if not more so plan on being in that sucker for like a year and a half at least:confused:

Of course they could change things up and not do the tier thing and I feel like something else new may be coming this Summer but that's just pure speculation on my part.

Triopoly Champion

Every world has exactly the same map, it gets bored if I stay in the same age for too long.

It seems like attack and plunder is the only way to get the fun.

If I can build a granite mason and an alabaster mason, then produce 20 of them each daily, I'll just stay productive in my own city, otherwise I'll attack, then plunder those masons until I get what I want.

I have 1,000+ Basalt, Brass, Tar and Porcelain, many people would believe I have those continent deposit bonus.
Forge of Empires - Colonial Inventory 04-20-2018.jpg

Mustapha00

I'd have to say that pretty much any game company would be thrilled to have someone play their game for going on six years.

But, as darthenning said, there comes a time in just about every single game that a player or many players just decide that whatever drew them to the game in the first place and kept them coming back to play for however long begins to run out (WOW seems to be the one and only exception to that).

DeletedUser21322

How do you specifically suggest the game change to be less boring, if I may use your word?

DeletedUser26965

How do you specifically suggest the game change to be less boring, if I may use your word?
  1. First take PvP points out of GvG, GE and cMap. Then add a new type of PvP battle system.
  2. Then add a new type of GvG where mobile players are able to fight as well.
  3. Then add something completely different to the game but nothing like tavern where we'll have to click mindlessly.
  4. Then reconsider the current progression of ages where it seems on its current trend we'll be in the next age for like a year and a half at least, then what 2 years in one age after that?

DeletedUser3882

1. First take PvP points out of GvG, GE and cMap. Then add a new type of PvP battle system.
  2. Then add a new type of GvG where mobile players are able to fight as well.
  3. Then add something completely different to the game but nothing like tavern where we'll have to click mindlessly.
*unrelated* but the “Aid All” or “Aid all for x diamonds” ideas that have been spammed incessantly for months/years is a start....

In direct response, here’s an idea that was brought up many moons ago in BETA and many changes have been instituted since so some tweaks would certainly be in order.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?posts/20805/

To include @sloppyjoeslayer s comments, this would return a new focus on PvP in the neighborhood, a renewed focus on defense, increase strategy required in city planning to offset surplus/losses, etc...

DeletedUser21322

*unrelated* but the “Aid All” or “Aid all for x diamonds” ideas that have been spammed incessantly for months/years is a start....

In direct response, here’s an idea that was brought up many moons ago in BETA and many changes have been instituted since so some tweaks would certainly be in order.

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?posts/20805/

To include @sloppyjoeslayer s comments, this would return a new focus on PvP in the neighborhood, a renewed focus on defense, increase strategy required in city planning to offset surplus/losses, etc...

Those are all things that would need to be addressed in specific proposals.

DeletedUser3882

Very much agreed @Snowbelle BUT it’s just an idea... One of many. So far, not so many responses on this thread from any more players with the same feelings as the *few* above. I don’t feel the need to propose a change/addition to the game based on a select few. Perhaps more will respond in this discussion? Perhaps another’s ideas will be sparked by this? We’ll see...

DeletedUser32348

@Snowbelle maybe change the music once in a month or weekly.
i mute and play all the times.
maybe activate pop-up notification in browser mode
GvG in mobile and tablet platforms (with basic moves and UI; keeping DAs; fighting DAs; detailed view only for browser mode)
reconfigure RQs aborting.
change city dynamics.. .rainy, snowy, sunny, moonlit
change clicking dynamics. .use drag and drop production slot for supply productions or any productions (goods, TFs, Cider mills, etc.) ; click-tick drop in browser (or some other mode)
allow fps to flow like in mobile while sniping in browser mode

DeletedUser31308

An update or replacement for GvG would be nice.

As far as updates go:

-New GvG maps for the new Eras that are already out would spice the game up a bit, and adding new GvG maps with further new Eras would add to the excitement leading up to their releases. It's like the excitement of a new world, an empty map ripe for the taking.
-More interesting rewards from GvG. Currently its all guild XP and leaderboard ranking. What if holding first on a given GvG map gave all the guild members a small coin/production boost passive? Or more interesting (maybe the higher Era maps have stronger rewards), goods production boost passive? Something to make it feel worth the effort to fight fiercely to remain the top of the maps.
-Obviously adding to mobile would be nice, though Inno has repeated time and again they have no plans for that.

Simply put, with the Arc in this game, it is possible for new players to reach the "end game" in under 2 years. Multiple level 60+ GBs, more goods/FPs than they know what to do with, and only small incremental progress remaining from further pushing their GBs up. What is a player to do to enjoy their time after they've maxed out the city? It seems Inno's answer is the constant events, which are helpful except for the repetitive quests being offered. My answer would be to add more ways to the game that end game players can compete with each other, add more incentive to compete. Whether the competition is GvG or some other feature, end game players need more to do.

*Arturis*

New Age
Give some gain in ranking points for donate medal to the guid treasury, for once you donate to the guild treasry you gain something just as like you donate goods.
New GB that everyone to build, not GB that only a few built and regretted of building it (example BG)
No more historical quest please, enough of that.
Make GvG more interesting
Anything to reduce the lag at reset.

DeletedUser25166

Hello,

I will review all these suggestions this weekend and comment here once I have done so.
Why bother? GvG is not getting a map, INNO will be adding the show hall(clicking), added stupid tavern(lag), events every 2 weeks, updates that provide bugs, eliminated Treasure Hunt, no AID all button, nerfed Rail Guns, DC has 55 5 minute production, can’t advance on Storyline Quest unless Ocean Age.
We get it, you want us to click away our time instead of playing.