• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Bored of FOE

DeletedUser10720

How do you specifically suggest the game change to be less boring, if I may use your word?
I would like to see something that entices more guild activity. Lots of people are talking here about GvG updates, I am almost entirely mobile and my pc hates the GvG map, so I am inclined to agree with them. But that said, GvG is something that's been here from the start and is just as stagnant as some of these other issues.
Bring something larger into play.
A guild tech tree that unlocked special, more powerful units that could only be used in GvG and would be unlocked through guild contributions and treasury would revitalize every map.
A neighborhood prize for most battles won or most tech's unlocked at hood shifts.
Complete ages released, no OF 1-6 that creates a stagnant environment at the top.
A gambling pool for your friends at the tavern.
As suggested above; separate the points rewarded for PvP, GvG, Cmap, and GE. Attach specific rewards to each.
Bring in a new way to involve Cmap. Perhaps an A.I. enemy that can retake province's you own to make a player return to the map. This can also be applied to GvG to challenge some of the entrenched guilds holding down huge sectors.
A new set of GE rewards would be nice.
A "long haul" battle where we can have one army face off against wave after wave of increasingly powerful opponents to earn a reward or bonus.
I'm sure some of these ideas have been floated in proposals many times, I've seen a few of them myself. And more will be echoed around this forum as well as many other ideas. I love this game and want it to keep being interesting. There are a lot of valid and great ideas floating around here. And their implementation will yield positive results.

plinker2

Why bother? GvG is not getting a map, INNO will be adding the show hall(clicking), added stupid tavern(lag), events every 2 weeks, updates that provide bugs, eliminated Treasure Hunt, no AID all button, nerfed Rail Guns, DC has 55 5 minute production, can’t advance on Storyline Quest unless Ocean Age.
We get it, you want us to click away our time instead of playing.

The tavern is a great tool if you use the tavern silver wisely. The treasure hunt was stopped when the DC was added (that everyone wanted). I do DC when it is something I want , making sure I have the means to do it. I said that it was a challenge, even before we had it. If is was too easy, people would gripe because it is too easy. This is a game of several ways to go. It does make one think and make sometime hard decisions. Enjoy the game. Wait and see what may happen next. You never know what may be in the planning stage.

Last edited:

DeletedUser25166

The tavern is a great tool if you use the tavern silver wisely. The treasure hunt was stopped when the DC was added (that everyone wanted). I do DC when it is something I want , making sure I have the means to do it. I said that it was a challenge, even before we had it. If is was too easy, people would gripe because it is too easy. This is a game of several ways to go. It does make one think and make sometime hard decisions. Enjoy the game. Wait and see what may happen next. You never know what may be in the planning stage.
Hold on sparky, TH was eliminated when stupid incidents started appearing giving 980 coins for an FE city.
I don’t need Tavern silver, I don’t need to be constantly clearing it out for stupid DC requirements.
That’s like the line about level 4 GE being a challenge and rewards to go along with it: you know face of ancient for 4th reward, extra turns when you are already on level 4, blueprints for Colo and ND.
Give me a break, you sound like qaccy now

DeletedUser29295

I am going to add my two cents here: take it for what it is worth.

I have played FoE 15ish months now: before that I played Evony for almost 7 years. What drove me from Evony and here was three fold;

1) No challenges: everything remained the same. Even with events there, the events followed the same patterns (much like the ones here are doing now)

2) They (Evo Mods) didn't truly listen to the players as to what we wanted, and ignored the fact we would be willing to pay a bit to get some new things implemented.

3) The rut: log in, collect, fight a bit, snipe a bit, Mo/Po. I am on 3 worlds (with Beta being one of them), and Global chat is the same old, same old even there. There is nothing exciting to keep the interest going.

Now, I still truly enjoy playing: I love helping my friends and Guildmates. If I were to suggest 3 things in regards to FoE itself for changes, it would be ideas like this:

1) Change GE4 to have special rewards: Guilds drop a lot of stock to open it, and players generally love the competition of it between Guilds of other worlds and themselves. But the rewards are....not really any better then level 3. The battles are harder, make the rewards better. Make negotiation harder: maybe add a 6th King/Queen to try to buy off.

2) Tavern: have even more tables/floors/table cloths then are available. Maybe some paintings or other decorations to buy for other type of boost offers.

3) The Tech Tree idea from Kyle is awesome: special troops only usable for GE. I was thinking of some other sort of specialty troop, but that would be the BOMB.

Just a few idea to keep the ball rolling.

Ta 152H

Whether the Tavern is a great tool or not is up to interpretation, but I don't see it as particularly useful. My main objection is using silver wisely. You really have problems keeping enough? I keep accumulating so much, I can use it unwisely and still have too much.

It's always dangerous to attempt being the vox populi: Not everyone wanted the DC, it's a nuisance I feel obligated to do because I don't want to miss out on the rewards. But, if it weren't there, I wouldn't feel I was missing out on anything by not doing it. It's boring as Hell, but I do it because if I don't, I feel like I've screwed up. So, I'd just as soon see it go away. Therefore, not everyone wanted it.

TH just went away, DC started in November.

People gripe because it's boring. If it were a more interesting challenge, people would like it more. Easy or tedious are two sides to that coin. A real challenge could take many forms, and would not necessarily entail tedious and repetitive simple game functions we already do. It could even be stuff outside the typical game mechanics, that would present a puzzle of sorts of a completely different nature. People don't like it because it's just not interesting, and doesn't add something new to the game, whereas a more creative approach would expand the reach of the game, rather than look back into it, and act like it's an innovation.

The rest is just fluff, with no content. Go team, go! Rah, rah, rah. It doesn't really address anything.

DeletedUser26965

3) The rut: log in, collect, fight a bit, snipe a bit, Mo/Po.
Guess you don't GvG? You want a challenge then throw a GvG guild together and lead it into glory. Your task is to take a new guild, new members and get into the top ten guild rank, now come back here when you're done and let us know how it went.

Mustapha00

Very much agreed @Snowbelle BUT it’s just an idea... One of many. So far, not so many responses on this thread from any more players with the same feelings as the *few* above. I don’t feel the need to propose a change/addition to the game based on a select few. Perhaps more will respond in this discussion? Perhaps another’s ideas will be sparked by this? We’ll see...

Some time back, I read a news article in which statistics were quoted to show that, even though a local news/opinion radio show might have, say, 50,000 listeners, far less than 1% ever call in to participate, yet those listeners/participants are among the most prized because they are motivated enough to get involved.

I'd submit that the same situation exists with those who take the time to come here and post their opinions. Inno shouldn't dismiss them because they are few, for the simple reason that they, unlike most players, care enough to take the time to come here and weigh in.

DeletedUser26965

Inno shouldn't dismiss them because they are few
They don't and that's a fact because I've seen it myself more than once. NOW, are there issues that clearly get left behind? Yes. Are there things they never answer? Yes. Are there things that can be fixed? Always. BUT I will say for the most part a lot of what I see on these forums is what I see on EVERY game forum, some personal thing some player wants which if not addressed then somehow that translates in that person's mind into the entire system sucks, yeah, whatever, aint got no time for that nonsense.

DeletedUser

So what's your point? We all know that Treasure Hunt was discontinued in part because of the new features. (And in part because fewer and fewer players were using it.) What I was responding to were two statements on the timing of Treasure Hunt's disappearance. One player tied it to the start of Incidents, the other to Daily Challenge, and neither was right on the timing.

plinker2

Well, what would you want to see? Don't whine and moan. and gripe. Think of something new you would want to see and make a proposal. INNO developers are always open for suggestions. You guys claim to be the experts, then use your experience to improve the game. The ball is in YOUR court.

DeletedUser26965

Don't whine and moan. and gripe.
That's like asking water to not be wet, gamers not whining, griping and moaning on game forums? yeah, that'll be the day:p WHEN PLUNDERGREMS FLY!
index.php

DeletedUser29295

Guess you don't GvG? You want a challenge then throw a GvG guild together and lead it into glory. Your task is to take a new guild, new members and get into the top ten guild rank, now come back here when you're done and let us know how it went.

No, I do GvG: our Guild is pretty good at it as well.

DeletedUser12620

A neighborhood prize for most battles won or most tech's unlocked at hood shifts.

I really like this... I Wish they would give you an unattached champion unit if you place first in a tower for that week.

E.g You placed first in the Iron Age tower you get one unattached Iron Age champion.

plinker2

Well, I have already submitted a proposal for INNO to consider. Now some of you make one in the proposal section.

DeletedUser25166

How can you still have active friends on your list?
140. I Clear Tavern. I just think it was a stupid addition that also produced Lag and nonsense to the game. It was a way to get young people playing. Stupid addition.
And my 140 “friends” and 74 guild mates want me to tell you to suck it.