• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder

• Thread starter DeletedUser31198
  • Start date

DeletedUser31308

I see dogs & cats play among themselves. When they do, they know that they are playing. They also know when they are fighting for real.
You seriously have never seen a situation where one dog thinks he is playing but the other dog thinks it is in serious danger and is fighting for its life (usually because one dog is much bigger)? Because I have.

Jern2017

Some of the comments in this thread made me laugh out loud.

If you get emotional when you get plundered and compare your emotions to emotions you would experience when being attacked in real life, you should IMMEDIATELY delete this game and seek out professional help before you hurt yourself.

As for the morality - it's a game. Is throwing a banana peel under your opponent's vehicle to make them lose control of their vehicle in Mario Kart also immoral? After all, you don't NEED to do it, you can race without using any props.

What would, for example, be immoral (and yet not against the rules) is agreeing to do a FP swap with someone, wait till they get 50 FPs ahead of you and quit the swap.
But how would tapping on a big sword next to your neighbor's avatar, virtually attacking them and virtually stealing their virtual goods be immoral...

Last edited:

DeletedUser21322

This has been placed in forge hall for conversation. If someone wishes to place this in proper proposal format it will be welcomed back in the proposals.

DeletedUser32824

We had someone in our guild complain of the same thing. Turns out he had never set up a defensive army in his city. Now he hardly gets attacked or plundered. I'm wondering if it's the same situation as the OP.

Jern2017

We had someone in our guild complain of the same thing. Turns out he had never set up a defensive army in his city. Now he hardly gets attacked or plundered. I'm wondering if it's the same situation as the OP.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I've seen these silly thing:

No defensive army (2 spearfighters)

No defensive army and a ridiculous defense boost (the highest I've seen was about 80% and only 2 spearfighters)

An all Rogue defensive army

Defensive army from the previous age or even worse. The worst I've seen was a defensive army from the IA (ballistas and legionnaires) in the Progressive Era.

People who put zero effort in building up their defensive army really shouldn't complain. I have a level 10 Saint Basil's Cathedral and a bunch of Ritual Flames, Watchfires and some Tiger Dens. My defense boost is currently at 30/326 in the Progressive Era. I don't remember the last time my defenses got breached, but when it happens, I'll think the person who managed to do it deserved whatever he got from plundering me and move on.

Last edited:

Salsuero

I do believe though that Inno does a rather poor job explaining how to set up a defensive army in-game... or rather they did when I joined. I don't know if that's changed since then. But I really only figured it out accidentally by monkeying around (which is how I learn a lot of things). I think there are MANY people who don't like "testing" things out or think it's done for them somehow. Either way, I see too many 2-Spear defenses to think it's by plan. I think it's more by ignorance. And to me, that's the fault of Inno.

DeletedUser31592

I do believe though that Inno does a rather poor job explaining how to set up a defensive army in-game... or rather they did when I joined. I don't know if that's changed since then. But I really only figured it out accidentally by monkeying around (which is how I learn a lot of things). I think there are MANY people who don't like "testing" things out or think it's done for them somehow. Either way, I see too many 2-Spear defenses to think it's by plan. I think it's more by ignorance. And to me, that's the fault of Inno.

They still don't mention a defensive army except for maybe a blurb on the loading screen.

As someone with ZERO interest in fighting, I played at least a year before I knew about defensive troops. I never opened the army management screen because I didn't want to fight. Of course this was a time when events were rare and there wasn't a GE, plus I started strictly mobile, so my only fighting options were the map or PvP. So I never opened it and never knew. (And hoods were a free-for-all. Yeah, I was plundered a lot. But I was also playing veeerrryyyy casually at that time.)

centaurgod

I'm at 63/221 and for a long while a was getting picked clean by a good chunk of my neighbors. For the last few months, after inno started doing a much better job with the neighborhood realignment - IMO, I may get hit a few times a week in total. Part of not getting attacked is the neighborhood your placed in, the part is having at lest something for defenses. Any eight(8) unattached defenders is better than nothing at all

DeletedUser26965

I'm at 63/221 and for a long while a was getting picked clean by a good chunk of my neighbors. For the last few months, after inno started doing a much better job with the neighborhood realignment - IMO, I may get hit a few times a week in total. Part of not getting attacked is the neighborhood your placed in, the part is having at lest something for defenses. Any eight(8) unattached defenders is better than nothing at all
Well, except 8 Rogues.

But yes I've never understood why they didn't just throw a 30 second section in with their opening tutorial like maybe right after you fight the two Clubman it says something like "now set some defenses up to help protect your city from neighbors" and walks you through setting up the units you have as defenders then tells you you can have up to eight defenders. Of course now with PvP tech locked in IA that would be a bit odd.

DeletedUser26965

And they don't even allow you to set a defense army until you unlock PvP tech. So now they would have to put a second tutorial near the end of Iron Age for that.
Right so they would either have to unlock that, because really is it hurting anything to set up a defense for nothing?, or run the little tutorial when you unlock that tech, which would also be a bit odd that much later in the game but only a few seconds of tutorial wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm fairly certain this topic has been brought up a few times and I'm betting at some point there was a proposal but alas into the abyss it goes.

cton2.forge

And they don't even allow you to set a defense army until you unlock PvP tech. So now they would have to put a second tutorial near the end of Iron Age for that.

Right so they would either have to unlock that, because really is it hurting anything to set up a defense for nothing?, or run the little tutorial when you unlock that tech, which would also be a bit odd that much later in the game but only a few seconds of tutorial wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm fairly certain this topic has been brought up a few times and I'm betting at some point there was a proposal but alas into the abyss it goes.

And that's where I come in. Now anybody who's anybody knows that upon entering the army management screen prior to any fight there's a blue button with a helmet on it. I was like, hmm, what's that? Now, not everyone is as curious as me, I get it, so I got this covered. First thing is (and there is a lot of SHAMING going on, but I don't care), I am a plunderer. That's right, I go through my neighborhood every single day and clean it out. But there's rules and stuff:

1) If they have any kind of defense beyond 2 spears (unless it's just plain ridiculous), I surrender, make a note and aid the following day.

2) If they have a 2 spear army, I kill them. Then I plunder them. It's like my daily trip to the supermarket, pick up the things I need.

That's it! 2 simple rules. And I am the embodiment of the FoE secondary tutorial. Why you ask? So glad you did.

Now I read the entries of our more 'honorable' brethren here and they might attack their neighbors every once in a while for PVP points but will never ever plunder them. This is really really bad for the plunderable fellow and here's why: we are rewarding horrible behavior with free passes. When I or my rogue brethren plunder away, the victim should realize he's been plundered (should being the operative term) and take adequate action (adequate and/or appropriate actions below)

1) I'm missing some Alabaster. Game must be buggy. Guess I'll try again. (my personal favorite kind of player, mostly b/c I love Alabaster)

2) What! Someone plundered me! This game sucks! I RAGE QUIT! (second favorite, makes more room for 1st type of player)

3) Someone plundered me? How do I prevent this? Guildies? Friends? Oh, set up a defense, okay, got it.

On day one I'd say a 3rd to half of the hood is defended. On the 3rd or 4th straight day of plundering my hood, I usually find 5 or 6 of type 3. And I smile, because I helped make someone's game that much better. And the remainder just leave their shopping centers open for me which, by tacit approval of my plundering ways diffuses any 'immoral' nature of the activity. Its like a symbiotic relationship.

I am the tutorial for those that haven't yet grasped the defensive army concept.

DeletedUser34893

1) If they have any kind of defense beyond 2 spears (unless it's just plain ridiculous), I surrender, make a note and aid the following day.
You must be in a low age with lots of inactives. As you age up you will find less and less of these defenses. They do still exist in OF but not with the same frequency. And it's usually people who collect on time and just don't like the idea of someone getting tower points since their defense is breeched regardless of what combination of troops are used.

I am the tutorial for those that haven't yet grasped the defensive army concept.
I don't think so. For the majority of plunderers a defense better than two spears will not stop us.

cton2.forge

I don't think so. For the majority of plunderers a defense better than two spears will not stop us.

That's why I am not a plunderer - I'm practically a civil servant, spreading the good word. Set up your defenses!

Otherwise, I completely agree with what you're saying.