• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Show theater?

DeletedUser29055

I have the show theater for watching ads in my city? Was there an announcement for it? I thought on beta forum it was mentioned that the show theater would not come (yet in the current form), because of all the negative comments this feature received.

Now, the most essential question. Is there a setting to disable it? Or is the only option to ignore it?

DeletedUser26965

There was no announcement. Not everyone has it. I don't think it was supposed to go out live as it was a suspended feature on Beta. They did implement the ability to turn it off in the Settings on Beta but I have no idea if that's in the limited (accidental?) Live version as I don't have it on any of my cities and I'm on all of them.

DeletedUser29055

There is indeed a setting to turn it off! Good!

Maybe they want to test it like the dailies. With turning it on, the whole theater is removed.

Mustapha00

It might be that the Theater is only available to mobile users. I can't say for sure one way or another, as I've not tried it on my PC.

What it offers is the ability to watch a 30 second ad for another mobile game every four hours. After you watch the video ad, you receive a reward for doing so. I've received coins, supplies, forge points and goods so far, and I'd swear that the amount you get is boosted by your Chateau Fronty-thingie.

DeletedUser31882

I've had a few guildies report they have the feature and they bounce between mobile & PC. I do not have the feature, and I bounce between mobile & PC. *Shrugs*

My money is on another limited release to Live test, like DC & incidents.

DeletedUser26965

My money is on another limited release to Live test, like DC & incidents.
You are quite right sir;

from EN server

Currently, video ads are only available to some players on the mobile version of the game. This is intentional, and a decision made based on feedback and our quality goals for the game. We intend to verify that the quality of the ads on the mobile app meets our expectations.

The beta server is quite small. The EN server has a much larger mobile audience and it was felt it was needed to be given to a larger audience in order to verify some things.

Victoria and Albert

I’ve got it in Vingrid but only on my phone. Good prizes so far but I could see getting sick of the ad. My question is did they remove the Incidents to put in the theater?

DeletedUser32348

I’ve got it in Vingrid but only on my phone. Good prizes so far but I could see getting sick of the ad. My question is did they remove the Incidents to put in the theater?
No they didn't remove the incidents. I guess Show Hall is just for mobile / tablet platforms. You can turn it off in the settings menu.

DeletedUser32348

@Darth Mole some have them in town but some haven't seen them at all. depends on which platforms u're playing.
might also depend on some other things as well which idk, but i can surely say that.

DeletedUser34910

No reward is worth watching ads for, in my opinion. Time is the most precious resource we have (in the game and in life), and I'm not spending it watching an ad. That's why I have a DVR, too. Funny thing is, if most people turn them off (like I did), they won't get much feedback. LOL (I got them on all 6 active worlds, and promptly turned them all off.:))
While I agree with you about time, I just run it while I'm doing something around the house so it's not really wasting anything. I don't go out of my way to run the ad but if I notice it, why not?