• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Useless/crappy relic and GE prizes

DeletedUser34923

I would like to propose the elimination or at least a greatly reduced occurrence of gate of the sun god, face of the ancient and possibly the ritual flame prizes in the GE portion of the game. I can safely say for my guild mates that these are less than useful and are of absolutely no use to anyone past the first few levels. I currently have over 20 of all but the ritual flame and have previously deleted close to the same number in the past. The relic prizes seem to have taken a turn for the worse in terms of quality.

Algona

I would like to propose the elimination or at least a greatly reduced occurrence of gate of the sun god, face of the ancient and possibly the ritual flame prizes in the GE portion of the game. I can safely say for my guild mates that these are less than useful and are of absolutely no use to anyone past the first few levels. I currently have over 20 of all but the ritual flame and have previously deleted close to the same number in the past. The relic prizes seem to have taken a turn for the worse in terms of quality.

Sure. What good prizes do you want INNO to remove to keep the overall quality of the prizes the same?

DeletedUser31054

I agree with you in principle, however the problem becomes this: if you remove "crappy" prizes (I have almost 100 Motivation Kits that I'm keeping in inventory for some inexplicable reason), then the "good" prizes become less valuable, relatively speaking. If you got a Shrine of Knowledge for every GE relic, where would you put them? Sure, they would still have value, but there would be no variety, no reason to make tough Civil Engineering decisions with your city, no challenge at all to the game. Everyone would have a city full of SoKs and Wishing Wells, and a couple of GBs, and would become disinterested in short order.

I don't need coins, supplies, happiness, goods, or headcount. In fact, right now all I need are diamonds and forge points. So should every GE prize, every Treasure Hunt prize, be just FPs and diamonds? That doesn't sound right.

So what is a good alternative? (You didn't provide any suggestions for improvements, so I'll throw an idea out there.)

How about this: For every GE or Treasure Hunt prize, you are offered the "standard" prize (whatever you rolled), or an "alternate" prize of a different type, but at 1/2 value. For example, if I "rolled" a 60,000 coin prize that I didn't want, I would be offered the option of choosing a 30,000 supply prize, or a 25 goods prize (however the "value math" works out).

How does that sound?

DeletedUser29055

No. Gate of ancient and sun gate sre super buildings. Every time a “gain x happiness” quests comes up, they are invaluable. They are buildin 5 seconds and give great happiness.

Otherwise, yeah, you need good prices and bad prices. If you onoy got good prices, then they wouldn’t be as good anymore and soon u9u would be complaining abuot: ‘no more soks, i have enough’, no more terrace farms, give me better rewardw’. Lol

Also, make use of the “bad prices”, got another cultural building you don’t need. The next time a “collect s coins or x suppoy’ quest come along, place them, tear them down immediately and finish your quest without waiting for collection time. Lol most of the stuff has some use.

DeletedUser5493

No more crappy gate of the sun god or face of the ancients !!

DeletedUser5493

How bout give us something we can use like forge points.

wolfhoundtoo

They are not going to get rid of them. While they are useless to most people they do have some use for some of the players. Even if they did not the truth is that the prize payouts have to span a range of prizes since we go GE 64 times a week. They aren't simply going to give you all of the best prizes directly.

Lancer

I agree with you in principle, however the problem becomes this: if you remove "crappy" prizes (I have almost 100 Motivation Kits that I'm keeping in inventory for some inexplicable reason), then the "good" prizes become less valuable, relatively speaking. If you got a Shrine of Knowledge for every GE relic, where would you put them? Sure, they would still have value, but there would be no variety, no reason to make tough Civil Engineering decisions with your city, no challenge at all to the game. Everyone would have a city full of SoKs and Wishing Wells, and a couple of GBs, and would become disinterested in short order.

I agree 100%.

DeletedUser35325

I keep them around as a reminder of the excess I have and how much they annoy me.

Triopoly Champion

Sure. What good prizes do you want INNO to remove to keep the overall quality of the prizes the same?
Inno game developers should add in more crappy stuffs to the GE rewards pool such as "Haunted Tower", "Sandcastle", "Scarecrow" and "Reindeer Sleigh", so "Checkmate Square" can be the rare jade relic.

Ziggurat should be a relic with the mix opinions because some people will like it while others will hate it.

DeletedUser33280

I do think that Inno needs to reevaluate the relic prizes, but I don't think that eliminating everything that not everyone finds useful is the best way to do it. I do think that certain prizes should be balanced according to equivalent prizes and, perhaps, the chances changed on some. For instance, a gold relic could get you 100 FPs, 200 goods, a tribal square (which I don't personally use in my current age, but I know many people in later ages find them very useful), 10 rogues, a ritual flame, or....a small medal package? Personally, I think that the medal package should be made more comparable to the rest of the offerings, since more prizes in that category are a very large amount if they are not a building. And ritual flames are very useful for many players, even if you personally don't want them - I don't particularly want any more of them on my primary world, but on my new world I could use a few. I also think that gates and faces should be consolidated into a single class since they're basically the same building. However, I don't think every prize should be game-changing, and I know that some players will want or be able to use some items more than others and that shouldn't necessarily change GE.

DeletedUser32824

When I go up in age I'm going to delete all of my production buildings and fill my city with tribal squares and face of the ancient and gate of the sun god. People won't know whether they are in someone's city or map 5 of GE.

Mustapha00

My heart says Yes, but my brain says No.

In this case, I'm going with my brain.

Do I receive far more Gates and Faces than I could ever see myself using? Yep. But the prize in the bottom of a box of Cracker Jacks can't always been the Secret Message Decoder Ring. Sometimes it has to be the Temporary Tattoos. Why? Because you know that those Rings are in a box out there somewhere, and the Cracker Jacks folks are in the business of selling as many boxes as possible.

Inno is in the business of making money. If they can keep enough people coming back to play their game, then they have a better chance of making money. They also have to provide something of a challenge to their players, and so awarding a 100 Fp Relic in each difficulty of GE makes the game too easy. Players playing a game made too easy are soon to become ex-players. And ex-players tend not to spend any money in the game.

DeletedUser35475

Aside from the name and the icon what is the difference between the face of the ancient and the gate of the sun god?