• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Automatic Account Deletion Feedback

DeletedUser17397

i have been playing forever, and knowing foe, they will delete all my cities because my forum account goes inactive... or delete my main world because i barely play my small city for 12 months... they are always vague on details. and since i put foe newsletter crap in my junk folder i'm super screwed. o_O

DeletedUser29726

I'm a little concerned with the eagerness to do away with inactive accounts. Many games people take a year+ break from and then come back to... if there's something to come back to. Given that an inactive account is just some lines in an indexed database and shouldn't be taking up any important resources it seems a little silly that they're so actively pursuing this.

Mandelynn

I think those that poured real money into this game shouldn't have their cities deleted. I mean, I might want to take a break for a year at some point. I'm known for game burnout from time to time. Leave it, then come back to it at some unknown point.
I would NEVER start from scratch again. Ever!
Not any other games, that I know of, have this policy of deleting a paid game.
It makes me think foe is having money issues and can't or won't support the service people "paid" for. I can understand the freebie accounts but not the paid ones.
They'll lose their customers forever.
Big mistake if looking for a future in this game.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

I think those that poured real money into this game shouldn't have their cities deleted. I mean, I might want to take a break for a year at some point. I'm known for game burnout from time to time. Leave it, then come back to it at some unknown point.
I would NEVER start from scratch again. Ever!
Not any other games, that I know of, have this policy of deleting a paid game.
It makes me think foe is having money issues and can't or won't support the service people "paid" for. I can understand the freebie accounts but not the paid ones.
They'll lose their customers forever.
Big mistake if looking for a future in this game.

Just my 2 cents

I don't think it is asking too much for someone to log in once a year to remain active.... You don't have to actively play. Collect from buildings, log out. Good for another year.

DeletedUser35595

So basically we are going to have to post in the forums to keep our accounts from being deleted even if we are active in the game?

Freshmeboy

This is something I didn't expect from for at least a couple more years...deletion of inactives. Especially with the number of worlds open. This is usually a sign of consolidation that occurs when a game is losing it's popularity and the next move is consolidation of servers. Not sure if this is the case or if FoE has been so wildly popular for so many years that the number of inactives has reached a state that it debilitates the operation of the game. If so, this is a good thing....and I eagerly await the many new proposals for that old saw about fp returns on dead accounts.....Yay...

DeletedUser35597

I am very happy about the transparency with usernames.

Just curious why this makes you happy? I had to make a new account just so I don't have to deal with people nosing through my city and telling me "ur doing it wrong" if I post in the forum with my opinions. Other privacy minded people with less time than me may not even bother posting here anymore.

qaccy

Just curious why this makes you happy? I had to make a new account just so I don't have to deal with people nosing through my city and telling me "ur doing it wrong" if I post in the forum with my opinions. Other privacy minded people with less time than me may not even bother posting here anymore.

Do you also wear a mask or camouflage when you leave your house to hide your identity? Disguise your voice? Use fake names? People try so hard to obfuscate their identities online while simultaneously exposing themselves to at least dozens of strangers in the real world on a daily or near-daily basis. It's baffling to me. We're already all using pseudonyms, which is more than enough 'privacy' for anybody in the space of this game.

DeletedUser35597

Do you also wear a mask or camouflage when you leave your house to hide your identity? Disguise your voice? Use fake names? People try so hard to obfuscate their identities online while simultaneously exposing themselves to at least dozens of strangers in the real world on a daily or near-daily basis. It's baffling to me. We're already all using pseudonyms, which is more than enough 'privacy' for anybody in the space of this game.

Thanks for the good laugh there. :D I do take steps in rl to keep my privacy but not to that extent, although I do use fake names in the occasional situation. ;) That is not what I am getting at here though I have played other games in which the "elite" players would analyze gear and skills of "lesser" players and then proceed to be condescending towards them or not let them in group and in general treat them like crap. Having been on the receiving end of this behavior many times because gaming is not my second job, it has left a very sour taste in my mouth. While I am happy to receive suggestions about ways I could be doing things better, I really despise people telling me I have to play a certain way when I will not enjoy that way.

DeletedUser31592

Thanks for the good laugh there. :D I do take steps in rl to keep my privacy but not to that extent, although I do use fake names in the occasional situation. ;) That is not what I am getting at here though I have played other games in which the "elite" players would analyze gear and skills of "lesser" players and then proceed to be condescending towards them or not let them in group and in general treat them like crap. Having been on the receiving end of this behavior many times because gaming is not my second job, it has left a very sour taste in my mouth. While I am happy to receive suggestions about ways I could be doing things better, I really despise people telling me I have to play a certain way when I will not enjoy that way.

I don't have the time to research people on the forums. Maybe some people do, but I surely don't. I will, on occasion, look someone up. This is when an obviously newer player comes on complaining about something. I may look their city up to help them. Otherwise, I couldn't care less. There are, however, people who feel the need to be self-proclaimed experts and brag incessantly about things, yet their story doesn't quite make sense. They hide behind their smoke screen and taunt everyone because they know we can't prove that they indeed are simply making a bunch of stuff up and trolling the forum. That is why transparency is important. People come here looking for advice and there are people who answer as if they are an authority, when in reality, they have no idea what they are talking about.

I will say good riddance to you when you run away from the forums because you lose your anonymity. The maturity level it takes for someone to register with a name that directly contradicts the warning they sent out today is pathetic. You are just here to troll while you can, so the sooner they kick you out, the better.

DeletedUser35597

To quote from the topic Account Deletion: "This means that having different names on the forums and in the game will only be possible by having multiple game accounts that need to be actively used. Which means they need to log in at least once every 12 months in the game or forum to avoid the automatic deletion."

This implies to me that they just want us to work a bit harder for our anonymity which is fine with me. Doesn't seem that it contradicts anything, if it had then I certainly wouldn't have posted my opinion here. I am not a big poster here anyway and I don't enjoy trolling, would rather just express opinions and discuss things with people.

I don't have the time to research people on the forums. Maybe some people do, but I surely don't. I will, on occasion, look someone up. This is when an obviously newer player comes on complaining about something. I may look their city up to help them. Otherwise, I couldn't care less. There are, however, people who feel the need to be self-proclaimed experts and brag incessantly about things, yet their story doesn't quite make sense. They hide behind their smoke screen and taunt everyone because they know we can't prove that they indeed are simply making a bunch of stuff up and trolling the forum. That is why transparency is important. People come here looking for advice and there are people who answer as if they are an authority, when in reality, they have no idea what they are talking about.

Don't people correct those "experts"? if not then I would hope so, there are enough people on here who could.

RazorbackPirate

While I agree with the sentiment, Inno has regulatory, if not god-like, power over how the FoE universe works. Ergo, If they deem it fit to refund FP placed on Deleted GBs, will you then take said refunded FP and throw them away for your ideological stance? Would it be better if it was only a partial refund of FP?

If Inno decides that refunding FPs placed on deleted GBs is how they want the FoE universe to work, I will happily take the FPs refunded and put them to use for my benefit. The key phrase here, is if Inno decides. I don't even have an ideological stance on the issue. I simply accept the fact that once I donate a FP to a GB, it's not mine any more. Like any other donation I've ever made.

I'm curious to know if the same people who ask and make proposal after proposal about getting FPs back ask the same thing with other donations they make? "if your charity goes bankrupt will I get my donation back?" "If the candidate loses the election, can I get my donation back?" "if I leave and join another church, can I get my donations back?" Sounds kind of silly, don't you think?

Hey mods, can't we just have this added to to the DNSL and be done with it?

Do Not Suggest - The return of Forge Points from Great Buildings for ANY reason, under ANY circumstance.

Agent327

i have been playing forever, and knowing foe, they will delete all my cities because my forum account goes inactive... or delete my main world because i barely play my small city for 12 months... they are always vague on details. and since i put foe newsletter crap in my junk folder i'm super screwed. o_O

You need to log into the game. You do not need to visit any of your cities. Your forum account can go inactive. It is game or forum, not game and forum.

So basically we are going to have to post in the forums to keep our accounts from being deleted even if we are active in the game?

No

I will say good riddance to you when you run away from the forums because you lose your anonymity. The maturity level it takes for someone to register with a name that directly contradicts the warning they sent out today is pathetic. You are just here to troll while you can, so the sooner they kick you out, the better.

What anonimity do you think they will loose? Nothing will change.

Only thing I would like to know if this replaces the old way of deleting players. In other words, are accounts that hold diamonds deleted as well?

upperdublin

Again - the described deletion process will only commence in a few weeks from now (no automatic deletions will take place before July 11th). We will inform you once again when we are nearing its activation.

If you have any questions, please let us know either via support ticket or right here.

Thank you,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser26965

Only thing I would like to know if this replaces the old way of deleting players. In other words, are accounts that hold diamonds deleted as well?
Seems like an in addition to sort of thing to me, I can't imagine them keeping accounts that are only active a day around for a year to get deleted and I would imagine if they're still letting people with diamonds on their account stay they would mention that. But yeah, not that it would effect me but it would be nice to have a bit more specifics. Will be nice to have a purge of all inactives though.

upperdublin

Again - the described deletion process will only commence in a few weeks from now (no automatic deletions will take place before July 11th). We will inform you once again when we are nearing its activation.

If you have any questions, please let us know either via support ticket or right here.

Thank you,
The Forge of Empires Team

upperdublin

WE have several Guild Mates on "long-term" leave for one reason or another; however they have "return-to-Guild" invitations awaiting them. Will these Guild members be excepted from this new "rule" or can we grandfather them in somehow ?

RazorbackPirate

WE have several Guild Mates on "long-term" leave for one reason or another; however they have "return-to-Guild" invitations awaiting them. Will these Guild members be excepted from this new "rule" or can we grandfather them in somehow ?

How long have they been gone? When do you expect them to return? How many months are are there in between these two dates? Is the number of months greater than 12? If yes, they will be deleted. If no, they will not.

If they become scheduled for deletion, per the announcement:
  • You (they) will be notified on the forum (private message) and via email when your (their) account is about to be deleted. Please make sure your email address is valid.
So, I guess it will be up to them to respond to the email, or not.