• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Automatic Account Deletion Feedback

RazorbackPirate

I happened to be on foestats yesterday and saw this on under the world stats section.

Active Inactive.png

This is for a single world. All the other worlds I looked at had similar statistics. Given these statisitcs, I'm very happy Inno is doing this. I'm anxious to see what effect ongoing deletions will have on the game.

DeletedUser26965

I happened to be on foestats yesterday and saw this on under the world stats section.

View attachment 10405

This is for a single world. All the other worlds I looked at had similar statistics. Given these statisitcs, I'm very happy Inno is doing this. I'm anxious to see what effect ongoing deletions will have on the game.
Those stats don't really apply because "inactive" over there means no points gained in a 24 hour period so many of those players can in fact be active. Also they don't count players below 5,000 points.

RazorbackPirate

On the individual player rankings page, it does say that players inactive for the last 24 hours will have a red background. So it is possible that the total number of inactive players are all the players who've been inactive for the last 24 hours.

Based on your comment, I went back to the same world and brought up individual rankings. Starting on the last page, the lowest ranked players, and working my way up, almost every player had a red background, with only a smattering of players with white. When I say a smattering, I mean that on a page of 100 players, there were less than 10 players showing active in the last 24 hours.

It stands to reason that those rare white players are new players just starting the game, while the rest, with red backgrounds and the lowest ranks are most likely players who don't play anymore, having completely abandoned the game.

Working my way up the rankings, I finally stopped at 17,200, tired of clicking the mouse. On that page of 100, there were 13 players in white. I have no idea where white vs red even gets to 50/50 and I don't have the patience to find out.

I ended up looking at the bottom 15,062 players in rank, 90+ percent of those had also been inactive in the last 24 hours. While certainly not a perfect measurement, it's pretty clear that the vast majority of players on any server are truly inactive, meaning they never play and never will.

It would be an interesting exercise to look at the number of players listed in Global Rankings on July 10th and compare that to the number who remain on July 12th. I suspect, we'll be a surprised by what we see. Even deleting only those accounts inactive for 12 or more months, we may see as many as 1/3 to even 1/2 of the players have disappeared. I'll definitely be looking on my 2 worlds.

DeletedUser26965

On the individual player rankings page, it does say that players inactive for the last 24 hours will have a red background. So it is possible that the total number of inactive players are all the players who've been inactive for the last 24 hours.

Based on your comment, I went back to the same world and brought up individual rankings. Starting on the last page, the lowest ranked players, and working my way up, almost every player had a red background, with only a smattering of players with white. When I say a smattering, I mean that on a page of 100 players, there were less than 10 players showing active in the last 24 hours.

It stands to reason that those rare white players are new players just starting the game, while the rest, with red backgrounds and the lowest ranks are most likely players who don't play anymore, having completely abandoned the game.

Working my way up the rankings, I finally stopped at 17,200, tired of clicking the mouse. On that page of 100, there were 13 players in white. I have no idea where white vs red even gets to 50/50 and I don't have the patience to find out.

I ended up looking at the bottom 15,062 players in rank, 90+ percent of those had also been inactive in the last 24 hours. While certainly not a perfect measurement, it's pretty clear that the vast majority of players on any server are truly inactive, meaning they never play and never will.

It would be an interesting exercise to look at the number of players listed in Global Rankings on July 10th and compare that to the number who remain on July 12th. I suspect, we'll be a surprised by what we see. Even deleting only those accounts inactive for 12 or more months, we may see as many as 1/3 to even 1/2 of the players have disappeared. I'll definitely be looking on my 2 worlds.
Oh I'm sure many will be deleted just saying when that site states inactive it doesn't mean it in the sense that the player has completely stopped playing the game, I've gone long periods on my alt cities not gaining any points, just collecting WW's and that site would show me as inactive.

Look how many they got marked red for me, I sign in everyday to all my worlds for the curent event and to collect WW's;

worlds.gif

I remember when I first looked into the bottom of the global player ranking and wondered what the heck was going on with all those cities with Stone Age Town Halls and no other buildings, my guess was that the way they remove inactive players is they first get rid of all the buildings, revert the Town Hall to Stone Age then eventually delete the account but really I don't know.

What are these cities? Ghost Stone Age Town Halls?

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

All I know is that there are way too many completely abandoned cities in every age. I will not be sorry to see them deleted. Unfortunately, with the 12 month inactivity rule. Far too many will still remain. Since it's accounts being deleted and many will have cities in multiple worlds, I'm hoping it will be noticable. After a year of ongoing deletions, The effect should be significant. At least I hope so. Only time will tell.

DeletedUser26965

All I know is that there are way too many completely abandoned cities in every age. I will not be sorry to see them deleted. Unfortunately, with the 12 month inactivity rule. Far too many will still remain. Since it's accounts being deleted and many will have cities in multiple worlds, I'm hoping it will be noticable. After a year of ongoing deletions, The effect should be significant. At least I hope so. Only time will tell.
I wonder how often it will be done or it will be a continuous thing, like if someone is inactive for 11 months after the initial purge what happens when they hit 12 months of inactivity does it automatically set in the purge process? Or does it wait till a next round of purges?

I think it will be good because it will reflect in the global rank those who are actually playing and will also help when inviting from there as you won't be inviting inactive players.

Something else from that site I've noticed was odd. Take a player like this http://foestats.com/us/us4/players/profile/?server=us4&world=Dunarsund&id=503573 and look at the Point and Battle graphs, though it looks like that player hasn't gained any points since like April of 2017, which indicates they aren't playing anymore, there is actually a couple very slight blips in the Points graph;

point-blip.gif
I wonder how that happens if the player is not even playing anymore.

RazorbackPirate

I wonder how often it will be done or it will be a continuous thing, like if someone is inactive for 11 months after the initial purge what happens when they hit 12 months of inactivity does it automatically set in the purge process? Or does it wait till a next round of purges?

Something else from that site I've noticed was odd. Take a player like this http://foestats.com/us/us4/players/profile/?server=us4&world=Dunarsund&id=503573 and look at the Point and Battle graphs, though it looks like that player hasn't gained any points since like April of 2017, which indicates they aren't playing anymore, there is actually a couple very slight blips in the Points graph;

I wonder how that happens if the player is not even playing anymore.

Inno is deleting accounts to remove customer data from their systems to comply with the new EU rules. They are deleting accounts that have been inactive for 12 or more months. That would imply that Inno does not want to keep inactive customer data in their systems longer than 1 year after the customer last accessed their account. If that is the case, then I would think that deleting inactive accounts would be at least a monthly event. I also see no reason why it couldn't be a daily occurence.

Monthly means Inactive player data remains for up to 13 months, daily means no more than 12 months. I suspect it will be daily. Why have that additional month's exposure if you don't need to?

Regarding the player data on foestats, while there is a blip in the battle points, there are no blips in the number of battles. Could the blip in points be from Inno tweaking the battle points system? That's the only theory I can come up with that would be consistent with the data.

DeletedUser26965

Regarding the player data on foestats, while there is a blip in the battle points, there are no blips in the number of battles. Could the blip in points be from Inno tweaking the battle points system? That's the only theory I can come up with that would be consistent with the data.
That's player points not battle points as there is no battle point just battles. He gained 150 player points in that one day over like a year of nothing, I have no idea how that can happen if he is in fact not actually playing.

RazorbackPirate

That's player points not battle points as there is no battle point just battles. He gained 150 player points in that one day over like a year of nothing, I have no idea how that can happen if he is in fact not actually playing.

Does a player get any points for successfully defending his city? Visiting the tavern which adds silver? Is there anything in the points system, that could be triggered by another player? What about adding FPs to one of the player's GBs? Don't FPs on GBs add to a player's points? Only things I can think of.

upperdublin

Unfortunately this is not being done for server space, etc. The New GDPR regulations have stringent rules on the storage of personal data including for how long.
Greetings, Sgt. IF this is ONLY an EU requirement (at THIS time) why is it additionally being applied to the US server ? I AM aware of the GDPR reg. and that it is NOT enforceable nor applicable to the US, and I wonder if Inno is being FAR to "proactive" using this as a reason for its new "Auto-Deletion" requirement. Thanks, Sgt. Bothari

DeletedUser26965

Greetings, Sgt. IF this is ONLY an EU requirement (at THIS time) why is it additionally being applied to the US server ? I AM aware of the GDPR reg. and that it is NOT enforceable nor applicable to the US, and I wonder if Inno is being FAR to "proactive" using this as a reason for its new "Auto-Deletion" requirement. Thanks, Sgt. Bothari
I'm guessing because their legal department said so. I had no idea the wide reaching effects of the law till I started looking around the web and see games are being shut down because of it, just goes to show how the state can really screw up the free market with unintended consequences of law.

DeletedUser26965

And/or they realize what a headache it would be to have to maintain two different sets of criteria/code to handle inactives.
And the expense and the potential liability to lawsuit, what a mess. People think law is good but you never really know the ripple effect of it all, services and products go up in price or lost forever and for what? Some false sense of security? Like these state law writers really care about that lol.

Freshmeboy

SJS..the inactive player who gained points had a dead GB leveled...as I have done myself in the past....leveling dead GBs to clear my menu. Many had player/owner fps in them...just not enough to break even on my donation...

DeletedUser31592

Inno is a German company. Both of their offices are in Germany. Where their players reside is meaningless.

RazorbackPirate

First, Innogames is a German company. It's being done on the US servers, because there's EU citizens who play on the US servers. How do I know this? I have a swap partner who resides in the UK. I also have a player on my friends tab who lives in France.

As I said in an earlier post, the internet has no boundaries. I expect that any company who has a presence in the EU, regardless of where it is headquartered, will work to comply with the GDPR. It may not be technically enforceable in the US, it is likely quite enforceable with any US company that operates in the EU.

DeletedUser26965

OK, then it's a ghost...I think I saw Patrick Swayze hanging around here somewhere...
lol, btw you might want to hit the reply on the bottom right of the comment you're responding too else it seems weird and a bit difficult to know what you're responding to.