• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

Salsuero

I’ll probably get to 8 and 9 in my two cities, mostly because I assumed that because the upgrades didn’t appear as daily specials in the beta, they wouldn’t do so in the live event. I know betas are not final, but usually it doesn’t vary so much!

They also give free diamonds to test things out in beta, so giving them away for free when they want you to spend those diamonds... I can see why they don't bother on that server. But I pretty much figured they would, so I was patient. I spent some on enough Wishing Well Shrink Kits early on to cover all the Wishing Wells I have. Then I just saved everything until the upgrade happened. Plus, there was a post in the unofficial wiki for the event about the list of remaining dailies. I don't usually give that stuff much of a thought... but it was holding true every day, so it definitely seemed like some sort of info leak or someone can predict the future!

Don't know if it is correct, cause I never tried it, but I heard players change the time settings of their system to keep moving on without waiting times.

Woah. I wouldn't think this would work due to certain security certificate checks. Your time usually can't stray too far from a server's time before weird things start to happen. If this is true... well that seems like an exploit if ever there was one! It might actually explain why so many people have so many goodies so early. Maybe not. There's always the diamond whale explanation for that stuff. But one can never be sure (unless this exploit doesn't actual work and is just a myth).

Agent327

Without the list, we would still have the spoilers from Thailand, and without the Spoilers from Thailand we would still have the list of predicted Daily Specials, that still would have been confirmed, just many hours later, when they finally appeared live.

Do you really need that confirmation if you will know for sure a couple of hours later anyhow? Not like you can go go for the Daily Special the moment you get it confirmed from Thailand. That list is a gamechanger spoilers from Thailand aren't.

Agent327

Woah. I wouldn't think this would work due to certain security certificate checks. Your time usually can't stray too far from a server's time before weird things start to happen. If this is true... well that seems like an exploit if ever there was one! It might actually explain why so many people have so many goodies so early. Maybe not. There's always the diamond whale explanation for that stuff. But one can never be sure (unless this exploit doesn't actual work and is just a myth).

I can't tell you. Can only tell you that someone once gave it as an explanation how he had done all event quests while I was waiting for the one day timer.

RazorbackPirate

Do you really need that confirmation if you will know for sure a couple of hours later anyhow? Not like you can go go for the Daily Special the moment you get it confirmed from Thailand. That list is a gamechanger spoilers from Thailand aren't.

I'm not sure what your point is, or if you even have a point.

Maybe Carly can explain it for you.

DeletedUser31592

You can't go for it immediately, but when faced with a decent prize and the possibility of a better prize, it can determine which day you spend your event currency.

DeletedUser35475

You can't go for it immediately, but when faced with a decent prize and the possibility of a better prize, it can determine which day you spend your event currency.

That's what I did. I got the items I wanted and now it Forge Point Frank for me when he is calling for the ball.:)

DeletedUser35199

Is the Goal Reward for your current goal static or can it change as well?

Agent327

Yes, but with the Thai server spoiler all you know is today's prize and that of tomorrow. You still would not know what the prize the day after tomorrow will be, so unless you come close to the end, knowing doesn't matter that much. Now with that list you know every prize every day. With that you really can determine which day to spend your currency, so I am really curious how they did get that.

DeletedUser31592

Yes, but with the Thai server spoiler all you know is today's prize and that of tomorrow. You still would not know what the prize the day after tomorrow will be, so unless you come close to the end, knowing doesn't matter that much. Now with that list you know every prize every day. With that you really can determine which day to spend your currency, so I am really curious how they did get that.

But that list has never been confirmed. I was never banking on it, as similar lists have been wrong in the past. This is the first one I've ever seen that was actually completely accurate (thus far). So, while the Thailand servers may not have been helpful this time, in the past, they were very helpful- exponentially so towards the end of the event.

DeletedUser31592

Since I had so many energy drinks left in my main account, I decided to try for more upgrades. Got 9 additional (total of 17- since I will still get another for completing the event). Won another level 1 Tholos today. So TWO level 10s and I currently have 766 more energy drinks. Probably will end up with a couple more SoKs when it pops back up. Very happy.

In my secondary worlds, I went for shrink kits for all of my Wishing Wells, so I didn't have as many drinks to play with. In Yorkton, I had terrible luck. It is the only city I may not get a level 10 Tholos in. Of course, I ended up with TWO Pillars in the Football event. I hate how random it can be....

DeletedUser29623

The Thai servers can tell you what the special absolutely will be when the clock clicks over because it's what the special already is there. The list that's been circulated has so far been accurate, but it's not really confirmed until the first time zone learns the special. Inno could always decide that it doesn't like that list getting out and change it up at the last minute.

Agent327

But that list has never been confirmed. I was never banking on it, as similar lists have been wrong in the past. This is the first one I've ever seen that was actually completely accurate (thus far). So, while the Thailand servers may not have been helpful this time, in the past, they were very helpful- exponentially so towards the end of the event.

That list was spot on every day from the 23rd of june. That's all confirmation I needed to wait for the 10th and the Tholos upgrades. Had I seen that list before I never would have picked up the shrink kits earlier.

In the past you did not need the Thai servers cause the event usually followed the beta completely.

The Thai servers can tell you what the special absolutely will be when the clock clicks over because it's what the special already is there. The list that's been circulated has so far been accurate, but it's not really confirmed until the first time zone learns the special. Inno could always decide that it doesn't like that list getting out and change it up at the last minute.

Unless they would have removed the Tholos upgrade that would not have mattered, cause that is what most players were looking for.

DeletedUser29623

Unless they would have removed the Tholos upgrade that would not have mattered, cause that is what most players were looking for.

Not really. If the actual list of daily specials had diverged from that anonymous list before the 10th, players would then be wondering if it was also incorrect about the upgrade being a forthcoming daily special. And the list predicts that the upgrade will be the special again in a few days, so if the intervening daily specials differ from those listed over that time, that will also cast doubt.

Until a prize is released as the special on the Asian servers we can’t really be sure what it’s going to be, and then once it is released on the Asian servers, we can be certain. That said, the anonymous list has been accurate so far and planning according to it seems like a good bet. Just not a certain one.

DeletedUser30302

The Soccer Cup in Forge of Empires will end on July 16th.

As always, your feedback is very important for us, so don't forget to comment in this thread.
We hope you enjoy our new event!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

Announcement located HERE!
I love playing the special events; however, there seems to be a problem with quest #61. the quest indicates "In a production building, complete five 8-hour productions. I completed this in the blacksmith, I am in the post modern era and I also completed one in the Foeberge shop; however only the Foeberge shop was counted. Since this did not indicate "In a building from my age", the others should have counted.

DeletedUser35475

I love playing the special events; however, there seems to be a problem with quest #61. the quest indicates "In a production building, complete five 8-hour productions. I completed this in the blacksmith, I am in the post modern era and I also completed one in the Foeberge shop; however only the Foeberge shop was counted. Since this did not indicate "In a building from my age", the others should have counted.

It should have worked. I am in Colonial and used a Farm from the HMA to complete it.