• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

DeletedUser35475

Perhaps there is now a fourth option we don't know about yet. Because it definitely isn't present or future. If it is, my calendar is broken. And given that I work in the financial industry with several major lenders and mortgages, I've got some major, major problems.

If 2017 isn't in the past then somebody owes me a lot of money for all those future medical benefits I paid for!:)

Agent327

LOL -- I get the feeling sometimes that you argue just to have something to do. 2017 is absolutely in the past. It may not be the distant past... it may not be recorded yet in history books... but it's certainly the past. :eek:

Am I arguing to have something to do or are others/you?. Yes 2017 is in the past, but if you have been playing longer and know the game you know I am talking further back. There used to be a time when events on the beta where finished before they started on the life servers. Now they already start when the event still runs on the beta. At that time, if you kept a list on the beta you could use it on the life servers. That was a few years back, not last year.

DeletedUser31592

Am I arguing to have something to do or are others/you?. Yes 2017 is in the past, but if you have been playing longer and know the game you know I am talking further back. There used to be a time when events on the beta where finished before they started on the life servers. Now they already start when the event still runs on the beta. At that time, if you kept a list on the beta you could use it on the life servers. That was a few years back, not last year.

In the past there were only 5-6 events per year. Now, with HQLs, we are at 15-20.

Winter, Forge Bowl, Carnival, Spring, and now Soccer. Five successive events where the list has been different from Beta. This is enough to be considered 'normal' now. Only one event (the current one) has had an accurate spoiler list of all of the daily prizes.

Agent327

There use to be a time when you gave your personal transportation device oats instead of gasoline as fuel. Things change. Time doesn't.

Shouldn't it be "used"?

Still thank you for showing how the world was like for you.

In the past there were only 5-6 events per year. Now, with HQLs, we are at 15-20.

Winter, Forge Bowl, Carnival, Spring, and now Soccer. Five successive events where the list has been different from Beta. This is enough to be considered 'normal' now. Only one event (the current one) has had an accurate spoiler list of all of the daily prizes.

So now you now what "past" is referred to?????

DeletedUser32973

I got a full set of upgrades with the daily prize today. Didn't spend a single diamond.

Ya that post was made when the assumption leaned towards the upgrade not appearing in the DS. It doesn't seem too difficult to get a level 10 without diamonds now.

In all I'm pretty pleased with the event. Though having a nice diamond farm cushion changes my perspective a bit.

Agent327

Both are the past. I should have said in the earlier years since you seem to confuse recent past with distant past.

No, you confuse it. You now have used it the same way I did. I have been talking about the early years all the time. That is the past for me, not 2017. This game is 6 years old. The past is not last year.

DeletedUser26965

What a silly argument you all got into. Perhaps a simple adjustment in rephrasing such as "recent past" would do here. Regardless, I think it's most likely someone at IG leaked the list and kudos to them for doing so, let's just all be grateful. I have no idea how Thailand got dragged into this unless the leak of the list originated from there. Regardless again, they said on Beta while this event was in development they could add upgrades as daily special's based in part on player feedback;

The upgrade item is currently unavailable as a Daily Special. Based on how the event progresses and of course on your feedback in this very thread, this can change for the event's live release :). Either way, we would stick to our policy of generally not announcing what is/is not in the Daily Specials, so you would not necessarily know if it got added or not.
Bryfft, May 29, 2018
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feedback-soccer-cup.9075/page-5#post-63108

DeletedUser18851

I have 19 farms. I did ALL the quests in ALL of them, assuming, as always, that Inno would offer the wishing wells at the end of the event. But no. Not this time. Now I have spent all that time and energy and will get nothing that I actually wanted from the event. So much for working for what you want, eh?

It's amazing how many ways you can find to waste your players time and piss them off... it really is. Do they offer degrees in that somewhere in Germany? I am done with your stupid events. No more.

DeletedUser26965

I have 19 farms. I did ALL the quests in ALL of them, assuming, as always, that Inno would offer the wishing wells at the end of the event. But no. Not this time. Now I have spent all that time and energy and will get nothing that I actually wanted from the event. So much for working for what you want, eh?

It's amazing how many ways you can find to waste your players time and piss them off... it really is. Do they offer degrees in that somewhere in Germany? I am done with your stupid events. No more.
Don't know why you would assume WW would be at the end of the event. I could almost see your point in expecting to see it come up three times as opposed to the two times it has as there were three in Beta but Beta is Beta and things can change for the Live event.

As I quoted from them above they said ToI upgrades could be added which meant something else had to go, unfortunately that was Wishing Well. And some of that is the players fault and not necessarily Inno's, time and time again I've seen people in Beta complaining about WW's being in the events and I'm like what the hell is their problem but they listen and in the last Spring event we got completely screwed out of WW as the first prize in Beta was WW but got changed to SoK for live and you couldn't earn enough blossoms in the event to get WW when it was offered, plus it wasn't even offered as a chest reward at all.

DeletedUser29623

I have no idea how Thailand got dragged into this unless the leak of the list originated from there.

If there's one useful piece of information people can take away from this silly argument, it's that you can find out what the next day's daily special will be by checking the wiki page for an event in the afternoon. This is because the Asian servers are 9 or so hours ahead of the US ones, and the players there are good about updating the wiki page as soon as the daily special is revealed. In about 4 hours, it will be midnight there, and they'll post tomorrow's special because over there, it's already tomorrow.

Oh, and one more thing: When it comes to silliness, Lewis Carroll called this brand of it over a century ago:
Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 9.13.53 AM.png

DeletedUser30900

You know you sound just like one crazy guy in the beta forum. He got mad because Inno decided to add upgrade into daily after he spent money to get them in live servers. ITS YOUR FAULT TO TAKE BETA AS THE FINAL RESULT. I was too lazy to sign up on the beta forum to laugh at him but I guess I'm lucky here.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:p

DeletedUser31882

To counterbalance this opinion:

I worked really hard and compelted 50+ event quests in one city(I ended up not investing the time to quest grind my 9 secondary cities, barely managed to make it through on my main). I logged in the other day and was surprised that the daily was the Thanos upgrade, but decided I would spend energy drinks later.

I never logged back on.

Next day, I realized the mistake, faceplamed and decided I'd finish the events and see if any of the last day specials will be SoK or what have you.

I'm disappointed (thus far) with my rewards from the event, but that stems mostly from my goof. I could of been in the same situation today if the upgrade was never offered or if RNG blessed me with 0-1 upgrades. Regardless, I'm not very upset with Inno, because I see events as giving opportunities for rewards, they do not entitle me to them.

I doubt it has anything to do with degrees or Germany. These type of events are pretty normal across many games, especially freemium types. I blame the system. To be fair, you did work really hard, but did you not begin work knowing that the only guaranteed payoff was the quest reward track? If not, what assumptions did you make that lead to your result? Is there a more equitable design solution you think Inno should take with events and would you be willing to share them? Or are you just demanding you get what you feel you are owed?