• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Bored of FOE

DeletedUser30900

140. I Clear Tavern. I just think it was a stupid addition that also produced Lag and nonsense to the game. It was a way to get young people playing. Stupid addition.
And my 140 “friends” and 74 guild mates want me to tell you to suck it.
So you lied about not cleaning the taverns often and attack me for pointing it out? Again, why you still have active friends on your list?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21322

Hello,

I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. So with all of these ideas, each one specifically needs to be put into a proposal. I am sorry I do not have a better answer for this. Once you get the proposal written after 2 weeks get it up to vote! If you need help putting together a proposal please message me. I would be happy to assist in getting these ideas moving.

DeletedUser26965

When I make a proposal, I try to describe it's benefits, and what interest I believe that will be shown in it. I think the more description you include, the better chance it will have.
uh-huh, sort of like applying for a small business loan or something ay? want my SSC and Mother's maiden name too? maybe a little song and dance?

plinker2

Actually, you have to explain what you want and the benefits from it. If you want "stuff", give'm a little "fluff".

plinker2

I fully understand. Still, I like to keep the developers scratching their heads and saying "What the......." lol

Meat Butcher

Give some gain in ranking points for donate medal to the guid treasury, for once you donate to the guild treasry you gain something just as like you donate goods.

I remember there was talk they were going to do this.
This would put you in a place where all others would be a speck in your rear view mirror. :)

DeletedUser

I remember there was talk they were going to do this.
This would put you in a place where all others would be a speck in your rear view mirror. :)
The reason this doesn't make sense is that for goods, they count because they count for all uses except trading. Medals don't count anywhere right now, so why should they count for this? And if they change it so they do, does everyone that has spent medals on expansions, extra attempts in GE and negotiations in GE get retroactive credit? This is just a bad idea that doesn't fit into the present ranking system well. Let it die.

Meat Butcher

The reason this doesn't make sense is that for goods, they count because they count for all uses except trading. Medals don't count anywhere right now, so why should they count for this? And if they change it so they do, does everyone that has spent medals on expansions, extra attempts in GE and negotiations in GE get retroactive credit? This is just a bad idea that doesn't fit into the present ranking system well. Let it die.

Stephen I was not asking why they did not do it as I was responding to LLC's post.
You seem very upset by the notion of medals counting for global points. Why is this such a sensitive topic for you?

ITown

How do you specifically suggest the game change to be less boring, if I may use your word?

I apologize for the delay in responding. I quit playing for about 2-3 months.

- Remove historical quests - nobody reads the story anyway because it's not presented in an interesting way
- Make the story questline more interesting (it used to be fun to read, not any more).
- Make the battles on continent map less repetative
- Introduce guild GBs. Meaning, GBs that the guild works together to build.
- Introduce neighborhood GBs. Meaning, neighborhoods compete against other neighborhoods to level a GB as quickly as possible before the neighborhood changes
- Rework score to de-emphasize GvG battle spamming (fill sector, release, siege & recapture daily)
- Bring back HQ jumping on GvG
- Add mobile interaction to GvG

DeletedUser30900

I apologize for the delay in responding. I quit playing for about 2-3 months.

- Remove historical quests - nobody reads the story anyway because it's not presented in an interesting way
- Make the story questline more interesting (it used to be fun to read, not any more).
- Make the battles on continent map less repetative
- Introduce neighborhood GBs. Meaning, neighborhoods compete against other neighborhoods to level a GB as quickly as possible before the neighborhood changes
- Rework score to de-emphasize GvG battle spamming (fill sector, release, siege & recapture daily)
Besides the last one, you just want dumb down the game and make people who has poor skills or can’t put enough time into the game get advantages against good players. Sounds good:p

DeletedUser27889

I can understand the feelings behind this. I haven't been playing nearly as long as you Itown, I think I'm only at around 2.5 years. SJS made some good suggestions.

The game had 3 comprehensive changes as I see it, the addition of GvG, the addition of GBs and the addition of GE. Of those, only GBs are still getting any form of updates and additions when new ones are added. GE if you've played it long enough gets very stale. For myself I'm at the point where GE is more of a weekly chore than it is a game.

The encounters are doled out in a way a person just can't get it over with if that's what they want. What's the point of this? If someone wants to sit and play for two hours in one stretch why restrict them?

The personal rewards might be okay for more newer players but after awhile you just don't need or have no room for your 43rd terrace farm or you 412th face of the ancient. The guild points are nominal when you're in a highly leveled guild but perhaps worst of all it makes barely a dent in the guild standing for the week.

GvG, the abandoned corpse of an idea we still play on should not be the deciding factor in guild standing any longer. It continues the divide between mobile and browser.

My suggestion would be a level 5 of GE that pits guilds from the same world together. That 5th level determines the standing of the guilds for that week with GvG as a much smaller factor. This way doing 1-4 feels like you're doing SOMETHING productive because it's getting you the entry ticket to the 5th round. Eliminate the time delays on encounters entirely and let the people play when they want to.

Events should be something old and new players can look forward to but it seems each one is geared towards any player who just picked up the game last week. Each event follows the same exact stale formula of 'Here do this pointless quest, win this ticket, gamble the ticket here- Here do this quest, win this ticket, gamble this ticket here- Here do this quest, win this ticket, gamble this ticket here' It's all random chance with virtually no skill involved for prizes many people who have been playing for a long time don't care about anymore.

I find it ridiculous that a player is trying to tell the devs 'here's how I'm currently feeling about your game, here might be some ideas on improvements but it's your game' and are told they aren't going to bother to hear what their long term players are saying because it isn't wrapped up in a neat little proposal with the proper guidelines and a bow on top, only to be thrown in the garbage like all the other approved proposals on this forum and all the others. It's not up to the players to fix their retention problems, they aren't the ones getting paid to think of new and innovative content to keep people engaged and spending. Should the players also code the possible changes for them too?

I have no plans to stop playing but I can understand how others are.

Agent327

There are players that ask for the stories to be kept somewhere, so they can read them again.

That you read and historical questlines not? Rather a contradiction.

- Make the battles on continent map less repetative[

It is the continent map. It reflects an era in the game, so repetitive makes sense.

They have. It is called The Arc

Neighbours are the opponents in the game, not your friends.

Good point, but not likely to happen.

Doesn't that contradict your previous point?

Never going to happen, cause they can't do it.

DeletedUser26965

GvG, the abandoned corpse of an idea we still play on should not be the deciding factor in guild standing any longer. It continues the divide between mobile and browser.
I don't agree with that but accept the likelihood that because IG has so aggressively gone after the mobile market over the years while simultaneously knowing they couldn't get GvG to mobile created more friction between browser and mobile players then there needed to be and also created an incentive for IG to pretty much abandon GvG development since most of their player base now can't use it directly so why bother.

But GvG as far as I understand was always meant to be in the game though it just simply wasn't there from the start and added later but to me represents the most difficult and interesting aspect of the game that essentially requires every aspect of the game to do and essentially makes for a quintessential mmo. It also was specifically designed so not everyone has to be a fighter so it still fits well with casuals and even mobile only players since treasury goods play as much of a role for GvG as fighting does but also there are other aspects non fighters and mobile only can do like diplomacy and espionage:cool: So given that I still think it should remain the main measure for guild ranking.

Agent327

Events should be something old and new players can look forward to but it seems each one is geared towards any player who just picked up the game last week. Each event follows the same exact stale formula of 'Here do this pointless quest, win this ticket, gamble the ticket here- Here do this quest, win this ticket, gamble this ticket here- Here do this quest, win this ticket, gamble this ticket here' It's all random chance with virtually no skill involved for prizes many people who have been playing for a long time don't care about anymore.

They are geared towards any player that just picked up the game. They stated that themselves. Idea behind it is that everyone should be able to participate. That's why the formula is stale, but what do you think would happen if they made it challenging. Look at the DQ's and the beat this X size army quest. The moment something becomes a bit of a challenge a massive whine starts.