• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

DeletedUser30312

Well, I managed to snag enough upgrades for the Tholos to get it to level 10 once I finish the questline on my main. I was going to save up for 1 Ups, but I took this opportunity and it paid off, I had nearly 3900 and it cost about 2100-2200 to score the upgrades. About similar to my results in Forge Bowl. I picked up several 1 Up kits, 3 Contestant Estates, another Athlete Quarters, and one of the baths as well, which I'll keep in the inventory for completion purposes. On my main WW farm, I got 4 shrink kits which is good, given the randomness of these events, I was hoping to pick up around 3-4 of them.

DeletedUser30312

Well, I managed to snag enough upgrades for the Tholos to get it to level 10 once I finish the questline on my main. I was going to save up for 1 Ups, but I took this opportunity and it paid off, I had nearly 3900 and it cost about 2100-2200 to score the upgrades. About similar to my results in Forge Bowl. I picked up several 1 Up kits, 3 Contestant Estates, another Athlete Quarters, and one of the baths as well, which I'll keep in the inventory for completion purposes. On my main WW farm, I got 4 shrink kits which is good, given the randomness of these events, I was hoping to pick up around 3-4 of them.

Agent327

My only comment on this event, Way too long, and very boring. Being from the US most people could care less about the World Cup or soccer at all its just not our thing. Why not a Super bowl event or a World series event now and again. And please get rid of those stupid historical events!!

We just had a Super Bowl event and believe it or not, the world does not evolve around the US. In this game there are more non US players than US players.

Salsuero

I think there's a glitch in the Matrix.

Graviton

Being from the US most people could care less about the World Cup or soccer at all its just not our thing.

I agree, I consider soccer a plague upon mankind that should be purged with fire and I'd love to see a baseball-themed event, but I also understand that there are a lot of non-US players and most of them couldn't care less about baseball. Just roll with it.

Salsuero

I agree, I consider soccer a plague upon mankind that should be purged with fire and I'd love to see a baseball-themed event, but I also understand that there are a lot of non-US players and most of them couldn't care less about baseball. Just roll with it.

There are MANY more baseball players and fans across the world than of American football... and we had a Super Bowl themed event. So... it doesn't seem unlikely to me.

DeletedUser35845

I just can't believe that I'm going to play this entire event start to finish and still only come in bronze because I didn't pay for it

DeletedUser35475

I just can't believe that I'm going to play this entire event start to finish and still only come in bronze because I didn't pay for it

Everyone is in about the same boat assuming you do all 65 quests. We can't all get into the Gold League if it is just the top 1% who make it.

It's not a bad reward considering it is basically free.

qaccy

Yeah, the leagues being introduced this year are a pretty good deal if you ask me. Even non-participants get a free 10 FP for their automatic placement in the hobby league and anyone who completes a majority of the event is likely to be guaranteed at least bronze. Silver and gold were a great way to both entice people to spend a little more and reward those who were likely going to do so anyway.

Salsuero

anyone who completes a majority of the event is likely to be guaranteed at least bronze.

Not necessarily in our world. You have to pretty much do everything to get Bronze. And even then, it's not a guarantee, depending on how the last few days turn out with patient spenders possibly widening things out a little more on that last SoK. I'm thinking I'll get Bronze, maybe even Silver, but it could come down to the wire for either of them as I'm only Amateur right now and I've completed all of the quests but the last one tonight with enough Energy Drinks left for only a couple more goals. We shall see!

DeletedUser

I'm currently in Silver on all 4 worlds, but may fall to Bronze if enough other players still have lots of energy drinks to splurge at the end. The only thing I'll even remotely care about if I'm relegated at this point is the FPs. And even that won't really bother me, the only reward I'm looking forward to is the One-Up Kit. I'll have enough upgrades to have a level 10 Tholos of Idols on all 4 worlds, and I couldn't care less about the shrinky-dink kits. I use them if I get them, but don't go out of my way to get them.

DeletedUser26965

the world does not evolve around the US
A lot of it does and despite all our issues any country has people from all over the world still want to come here but related to the game itself the biggest single market revenue for this game is US based @25%. You don't even play in this server so what do you care. And here I'll site my source to backup my claim;

@5:17