• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

Agent327

A lot of it does and despite all our issues any country has people from all over the world still want to come here but related to the game itself the biggest single market revenue for this game is US based @25%. You don't even play in this server so what do you care. And here I'll site my source to backup my claim;

@5:17

Thanks for backing up my claim.

US 25%, Germany MORE than 15%, France MORE than 10%. Now what do you think their sport of choice would be?

You are showing that 75% of the revenue is comming from countries where they play soccer and don't give a rats ass about American Football. Hell, when asked even Rugby would do better, which makes sense cause that is how real men play.

DeletedUser26965

Thanks for backing up my claim.

US 25%, Germany MORE than 15%, France MORE than 10%. Now what do you think their sport of choice would be?

You are showing that 75% of the revenue is comming from countries where they play soccer and don't give a rats ass about American Football. Hell, when asked even Rugby would do better, which makes sense cause that is how real men play.
I guess you missed the part where he said "our biggest market is the US", if you know anything about business you go where the money is and when in Rome...

DeletedUser35854

I need a little rant. A a fairly basic user (I don't spend hours on it or buy diamonds very often or anything) I was annoyed with the number of "spend xx forge points" in every level of the last half of the soccer tournament as I quickly used up the coins I had and was desperately scrabbling around at every level to raise enough to keep on buying more fps. But now, to be asked to pay over 1m coins at level 64 as well as spending more fps, so close to finishing, I am really annoyed. It's just taking the wotsit and demonstrates very little consideration for actually making an enjoyable challenge.

Rant over.

Thank you.

DeletedUser33280

I need a little rant. A a fairly basic user (I don't spend hours on it or buy diamonds very often or anything) I was annoyed with the number of "spend xx forge points" in every level of the last half of the soccer tournament as I quickly used up the coins I had and was desperately scrabbling around at every level to raise enough to keep on buying more fps. But now, to be asked to pay over 1m coins at level 64 as well as spending more fps, so close to finishing, I am really annoyed. It's just taking the wotsit and demonstrates very little consideration for actually making an enjoyable challenge.

Rant over.

Thank you.
Why were you buying FPs instead of just waiting for your daily production of them? I do agree that the amount of coins for the last quest was a bit much, but it was definitely worth the extra upgrade.

Salsuero

anyone who completes a majority of the event is likely to be guaranteed at least bronze

How many goals are people who finish the event completely likely to score? Is it 5? 6? 7? I'm curious now because it's not even the last day and now Bronze is two goals away and Silver is three goals away... and we know the last SoK is going to be a mad dash, so at least in our world, I may not even be able to get Bronze, depending on how far that gets pushed back even further than now.

Salsuero

to be asked to pay over 1m coins at level 64 as well as spending more fps, so close to finishing, I am really annoyed.

It sounds like a lack of planning, really. It's not hard to figure out what these events will require of you by studying the beta list of quests well in advance, and subsequently studying the live list... and then planning ahead so as to not be caught off-guard. I know that's extra time for a casual player as you appear to be self-described, but a casual player is going to be at a disadvantage in any game over a competitive one. That being said, if you don't have enough FPs and/or supplies/coins to finish these quests, you should plan your town around that need. It's reasonable to assume every event will require this since that's historically the case. FPs, coins, supplies... those are the currency of the game... and so those will always be somehow relevant to the completion of quests. And the rewards for going through such an effort are buildings that typically help you meet these needs easier during the next event (such as the Tholos of Idols, which gives you more of all three currencies the higher you level it up). This is what the "game" aspect... the "challenge" is about. If you are having a hard time fulfilling something, that's sort of the point, isn't it?

DeletedUser35475

How many goals are people who finish the event completely likely to score? Is it 5? 6? 7? I'm curious now because it's not even the last day and now Bronze is two goals away and Silver is three goals away... and we know the last SoK is going to be a mad dash, so at least in our world, I may not even be able to get Bronze, depending on how far that gets pushed back even further than now.

I thought someone had posted something about 6 being the max if you completed all the quests and didn't buy diamonds.

DeletedUser35854

It sounds like a lack of planning, really. It's not hard to figure out what these events will require of you by studying the beta list of quests well in advance, and subsequently studying the live list... and then planning ahead so as to not be caught off-guard. I know that's extra time for a casual player as you appear to be self-described, but a casual player is going to be at a disadvantage in any game over a competitive one. That being said, if you don't have enough FPs and/or supplies/coins to finish these quests, you should plan your town around that need. It's reasonable to assume every event will require this since that's historically the case. FPs, coins, supplies... those are the currency of the game... and so those will always be somehow relevant to the completion of quests. And the rewards for going through such an effort are buildings that typically help you meet these needs easier during the next event (such as the Tholos of Idols, which gives you more of all three currencies the higher you level it up). This is what the "game" aspect... the "challenge" is about. If you are having a hard time fulfilling something, that's sort of the point, isn't it?

Thanks, Salsuero, that's a helpful reply. It's clear that succeeding at the quests does take more time and attention than, perhaps, I am inclined to give the game so that is obviously down to me! I spend most time and resources moving through the ages so perhaps I will concentrate on that in future and give the quests a miss. Best wishes, Amanda

DeletedUser35854

Why were you buying FPs instead of just waiting for your daily production of them? I do agree that the amount of coins for the last quest was a bit much, but it was definitely worth the extra upgrade.

Thanks for the reply. I don't get enough fps generated automatically to satisfy the requirement but it may be that I am missing something!

Salsuero

I spend most time and resources moving through the ages

it may be that I am missing something!

That... that's what you're missing. If you make it a personal race to the end of the tech tree, you will be missing a lot along the way that would have prevented your need to rant in the first place.

I will concentrate on that in future and give the quests a miss.

This is why you struggle with events. You shouldn't be moving through the ages at breakneck speed as a detriment to your ability to play other aspects of the game. There's no prize at the end. The prizes are along the way, but moving too quickly means you'll miss them! As long as you're enjoying the game, it's none of my business to tell you how to play it. Suggesting you do the opposite is just that... a suggestion. In the end, the events will be all you have left and you won't be able to participate in any of them without a mighty struggle. I hope you find a happy medium somewhere.

Agent327

I guess you missed the part where he said "our biggest market is the US", if you know anything about business you go where the money is and when in Rome...

It's their biggest market, not the only market. If they have to make a choice between pleasing 75% or 25%, what would be their best option?

Agent327

When it comes to goals 6 was never the max without diamonds gramps. You are getting forgetfull.

Most likely you do not believe me, so go to the wiki and do the math. Yopu are allowed to use your slide rule.

DeletedUser35475

When it comes to goals 6 was never the max without diamonds gramps. You are getting forgetfull.

Most likely you do not believe me, so go to the wiki and do the math. Yopu are allowed to use your slide rule.

And this has what to do with the upgrades being available as a daily special?