• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Automatic Account Deletion Feedback

RazorbackPirate

Instead of FP refunded the people who gave points get the rewards they were going to get by which status they had in the GB.

Except no one was ever going to get any rewards. The account is dead. No one has logged into it for over a year. Any thoughts that anyone was going to get a reward, ever is pure fantasy. Existing only in the hypothetical. "Well, maybe they might come back, and maybe it might get leveled. You never know, it could happen, but once it's deleted, they never can."

You can't seriously think that just because your name currently sits in a reward spot that you deserve it, can you? If you're holding first with 5 FPs on a level 77 Arc, that takes 5,200 FPs to level, you can't seriously be suggesting you were actually going to get 1,335 FPs, 33,901 medals, and 15 blueprints with those 5 FPs. You can't seriously be suggesting that somehow you've earned those rewards and deserve them just because Inno is deleting the user account, can you?

Of course not. 'Cause that would just be crazy talk.

upload_2018-7-9_20-58-53.jpeg

DeletedUser28585

Why? I'm curious why you think the user should have such a short amount of time to change their mind?
Here are pros: When lag occurs in game, esp. on mobile, it so often happens that I am thrown into a new world and can't do anything but wait before I lose that world from login screen.
Unless I register my email with it, it doesn't exist as legit city and it can't even be deleted or so I have noticed, since there isn't the *delete* button in settings yet.
If there was an option to delete within a few hours, no-one would have to go through drudgery of intro to gain access to settings.
That would be very helpful in genuine log-in errors.

I think there should be an *INSTANT DELETE* tool for players who only have just logged in a NEW CITY, haven't started building their cities yet and have NOT GAINED ACCESS TO MSG CENTER AND GAME CHAT - this part is vital!!!
It could be like 1st question after log-in: "Are you sure you want to play the world called ...such and such..." with yes/no option and then after negative response button: *DELETE CURRENT CITY*

Otherwise I'd be quite alright to make deleting account not such an easy task.
Here's the negative of the easy deleting feature.
The *instant delete* tool of a single city is playing right into hands of trolls and game stalkers, who know how to exploit temp clone/alt accounts in order to sort out their grudges in this cowardly, anonymous way.
It will allow them to do their intended *trolling/stalking* damage and then clear these accounts and disappear without a trace or chance to connect these temp accounts with the main ones, which their owners keep reputable so to speak.

I'd like to see some discussion and other points of view on the subject

DeletedUser29241

Wondering about the FPs we put into great buildings if we will get the FP's back when they are deleted? It is a good plan to do, but I already feel cheated in the game on my time, so hopefully this will not add to my frustration?

MY QUESTION WAS NOT ANSWERED????????????????????????? DO WE GET OUR FPS BACK OR NOT???????????????

DeletedUser31592

MY QUESTION WAS NOT ANSWERED????????????????????????? DO WE GET OUR FPS BACK OR NOT???????????????
They already delete accounts based on certain parameters, or when a player deletes their own account, and you don't get FPs back for those. I don't know why you would think this is different. If you want the reward, level the building ASAP.

RazorbackPirate

Here are pros: When lag occurs in game, esp. on mobile, it so often happens that I am thrown into a new world and can't do anything but wait before I lose that world from login screen.
Unless I register my email with it, it doesn't exist as legit city and it can't even be deleted or so I have noticed, since there isn't the *delete* button in settings yet.
If there was an option to delete within a few hours, no-one would have to go through drudgery of intro to gain access to settings.
That would be very helpful in genuine log-in errors.

I think there should be an *INSTANT DELETE* tool for players who only have just logged in a NEW CITY, haven't started building their cities yet and have NOT GAINED ACCESS TO MSG CENTER AND GAME CHAT - this part is vital!!!
It could be like 1st question after log-in: "Are you sure you want to play the world called ...such and such..." with yes/no option and then after negative response button: *DELETE CURRENT CITY*

Otherwise I'd be quite alright to make deleting account not such an easy task.
Here's the negative of the easy deleting feature.
The *instant delete* tool of a single city is playing right into hands of trolls and game stalkers, who know how to exploit temp clone/alt accounts in order to sort out their grudges in this cowardly, anonymous way.
It will allow them to do their intended *trolling/stalking* damage and then clear these accounts and disappear without a trace or chance to connect these temp accounts with the main ones, which their owners keep reputable so to speak.

I'd like to see some discussion and other points of view on the subject

I play on PC, so I don't know anything about this since it's never happened to me. In the message I responded to, you said delete in 24 hours, not 14 days. If you do nothing else with that new world is it automatically deleted after 14 days? Have you tried contacting support to see if they would delete it sooner? It seems like a very weird behavior from a simple lag issue. Have you opened a support ticket about this behavior?

I think all your points are valid if this is the expected/intended behavior. If it's a bug, that's the issue that should be addressed.

DeletedUser

I play on PC, so I don't know anything about this since it's never happened to me. In the message I responded to, you said delete in 24 hours, not 14 days. If you do nothing else with that new world is it automatically deleted after 14 days? Have you tried contacting support to see if they would delete it sooner? It seems like a very weird behavior from a simple lag issue. Have you opened a support ticket about this behavior?

I think all your points are valid if this is the expected/intended behavior. If it's a bug, that's the issue that should be addressed.
I play on PC and mobile, and I've never heard of what he's talking about. I think he's probably tapped the wrong spot without meaning to and thrown himself into a new world. I know that if you get impatient with the wait, and try to tap the same spot you already tapped, you sometimes inadvertently tap the next screen just as it appears. I think that is probably what is happening to him. In other words, operator error. :)

DeletedUser26965

I haven't seen any difference in the number of players, wonder if they've deleted any yet.

RazorbackPirate

I haven't seen any difference in the number of players, wonder if they've deleted any yet.

I haven't seen a difference either. One of the servers I play has over 89,000 cities. The bottom 40,000 all have less than 1,000 points. Most look like they bailed shortly after the tutorial finished, the rest shortly after hitting IA.

I've got to think Inno has usage data on virtually every little thing in the game. It would seem they would have information on abandon rates. Something as simple as "Once a new player has been inactive for 30 days prior to completing the research for the first 5 Techs in Bronze Age there is a 1.34% return rate." Obviously that one I made up, but you get the idea.

My point is, they should know exactly when keeping a city no longer makes business sense given their abandonment statistics. Why aren't they deleting those cities once they hit that mark? It's hard for me to believe that enough of those abandoned cities will resume play that it's worth keeping them.

What's the point of keeping 40,000 abandoned cities on the server? Just delete them already.

DeletedUser26965

I haven't seen a difference either. One of the servers I play has over 89,000 cities. The bottom 40,000 all have less than 1,000 points. Most look like they bailed shortly after the tutorial finished, the rest shortly after hitting IA.

I've got to think Inno has usage data on virtually every little thing in the game. It would seem they would have information on abandon rates. Something as simple as "Once a new player has been inactive for 30 days prior to completing the research for the first 5 Techs in Bronze Age there is a 1.34% return rate." Obviously that one I made up, but you get the idea.

My point is, they should know exactly when keeping a city no longer makes business sense given their abandonment statistics. Why aren't they deleting those cities once they hit that mark? It's hard for me to believe that enough of those abandoned cities will resume play that it's worth keeping them.

What's the point of keeping 40,000 abandoned cities on the server? Just delete them already.
They already delete a lot of accounts after 30 days of inactivity;
- Stone Age and Bronze Age accounts: account has less than 301 Diamonds and has been inactive for at least 30 days.
- Iron Age and Early Middle Age accounts: account has less than 50 Diamonds and has been inactive for at least 30 days.
- Higher ages are currently excluded from deletion.
Changelog 1.55
I remeber when I first looked into the end of the rank list and found the Stone Age cities which made no sense to me, What are these cities? Ghost Stone Age Town Halls? I kept track of those for a bit and they would be deleted daily.

But what I'm looking to see are players HMA and above being deleted who look to be inactive for more than a year according to forgeDB, they're still here. And also I wrote down the number of players from the world's before the 11th and didn't see any shift after to indicate any purge of players, matter of fact they've gone up not down lol.

RazorbackPirate

They already delete a lot of accounts after 30 days of inactivity.

Either Inno's marketing is hugely successful or there's a lot of Operator Error Going on. I suspect the latter. Just from an interface standpoint, it's never made sense to me that the button to start a new world is as prominent as the buttons to return to an existing world. Especially when I jump on the Mobile app on my phone. It's been a while since I've started a new city, but it seems a confirmation dialog is in order. 'Are you sure you want to start an new world on XYZ?"

DeletedUser26965

Either Inno's marketing is hugely successful or there's a lot of Operator Error Going on. I suspect the latter. Just from an interface standpoint, it's never made sense to me that the button to start a new world is as prominent as the buttons to return to an existing world. Especially when I jump on the Mobile app on my phone. It's been a while since I've started a new city, but it seems a confirmation dialog is in order. 'Are you sure you want to start an new world on XYZ?"
I can't recall what it's like on mobile but on Browser it's pretty obvious to me anyway. Here's mine below on the EN server, there's a pretty clear distinction, even telling players directly which worlds they're playing on, or start a new recommended world or play in a new undiscovered world so I can't imagine too many players push the grey one accidently. I'd have to check on Mobile but is it not as obvious on there?

new-world.gif

RazorbackPirate

I can't recall what it's like on mobile but on Browser it's pretty obvious to me anyway. Here's mine below on the EN server, there's a pretty clear distinction, even telling players directly which worlds they're playing on, or start a new recommended world or play in a new undiscovered world so I can't imagine too many players push the grey one accidently. I'd have to check on Mobile but is it not as obvious on there?

It's basically the same on mobile. the big difference there is the New World button carries the same color and is not greyed out. And I agree, it's quite clear, and I've not created any accidental worlds either. Yet there still seems to be a high rate of creating new worlds when they wanted to access one of their existing worlds. If that's the case, then a adding a confirmation dialog box would make sense.

Sometimes you just have to program to the lowest common denominator.

52 Blue

Aside from my active GB contributions i have 2 pages of dead players with a total of 167 FP's . If Inno removed those 2 pages and it cost me those points its well worth it.If you have allot on a dead player,bit the bullet and finish it.