• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2018 Feedback

Agent327

Can someone explain to me why the 3 special multi reward prizes on the wheel, Royal, Pirate and Trader only give you a new Basic Ship, rather than an Upgrade or at least a chance at an upgrade?

Cause the devs decided on it to be this way.

DeletedUser29623

I’ve had to explain to several guildies that the selection kits have nothing to do with how they might eventually level up their ships to Pirate, Royal or Trader versions. It seems to be fairly confusing to anyone who doesn’t make a study of the event before it starts, which is most players.

I’d blame this on a couple of factors. First, the devs introduced two new concepts in the same event— the selection kit that offers an assortment of prizes from which you must choose one, and a base building that can be leveled up to be one of three different variations. Naming the selection kits after those three variations has led people to think that they can somehow use the kits to pick which version of the fully-leveled ship they’ll get. I haven’t won a selection kit yet, but is it like the prizes awarded to leagues at the end of the soccer event, where you can’t see what’s in it unti you open it?

DeletedUser33455

Ok the 3 variations are and the choice is yours which one of the 4 choices per kit to take... Always the same.. Per kit

Pirate selection kit....ship lvl 1...20% attack boost...60 goods(12 each current age)....25fps

Royal selection kit...ship lvl 1...25fps...one up kit....medals (assume age related)

Trader selection kit..ship lvl 1...60 goods(12 each current age)...5bps...store building

garazon

OMG people, quit whining. It would be nice to see more of a constructive forum. A forum with more suggestions and tips rather than a place for incessant whining. But since free speech is still the rule here's a few pet peeves and MY "whines":

1. Yes, there are a lot of events. So, don't play them, play what you want and what works with your strategy. I don't think anyone plays them all. At least Inno takes the time and develops a lot of different events so there IS an opportunity to do something other than the same thing every day.
2. Yes, the game is advertised for "free". So are all of these online games. But to go further and "win" in any game it takes money - none of them are "free".
3. Be glad that some people buy diamonds, if they didn't you wouldn't be able to play at all - Inno is not a charity, it's a business.
4. Every prize is not going to be one that YOU like, buy maybe someone else will. If there's nothing you like anywhere, again, don't play.

It's like real life - you don't get everything YOU want, all the time.

Well said, Thank you! I've been a member of this forum for about 4 years now and visit it frequently, but rarely posting, holding on to hope that one day it will have more constructive posts and help rather than argumentative/complaining posts I'll not hold my breath though ;)

So many people playing the game now have no idea how much easier it is to advance their cities than it was just a few years ago. When I started playing there were only about 4 to 5 yearly events and you were lucky to be able to acquire one SoK or wishing well each year! You had to rely on the 24 fps your town hall gave you daily. You actually had to advance your city SLOWLY. there were no treasure hunts, daily challenges, historical events or GE to acquire decent fp/good producing buildings, now they are popping up as rewards quite often. The game has changed drastically from then. Some of it better, some I dont care, for but that is the game , it changes. either play it or dont play it. :)

DeletedUser29623

Ok the 3 variations are and the choice is yours which one of the 4 choices per kit to take... Always the same.. Per kit

Pirate selection kit....ship lvl 1...20% attack boost...60 goods(12 each current age)....25fps

Royal selection kit...ship lvl 1...25fps...one up kit....medals (assume age related)

Trader selection kit..ship lvl 1...60 goods(12 each current age)...5bps...store building

You know that, I know that and possibly everyone on this board knows it, but that's a minority. It's been my experience that the majority of players have been confused by the selections kits having the same name as the three fully leveled versions of the ship

DeletedUser26120

My biggest issue this event has been that it seems half the hood refreshes Sunken Treasures off the wheel, because they don't like other players in the hood.

I complained on beta about there should be a timer before the wheel can be refreshed. Has anybody else been experiencing this?

I don't think that's how an event should be - everyone should have a chance to win at least.

DeletedUser35475

Why do people think the sunken treasure is so good? I won 4 of them so far and I don't think I will ever use them. Am I missing some hidden quality about them?

DeletedUser29623

My biggest issue this event has been that it seems half the hood refreshes Sunken Treasures off the wheel, because they don't like other players in the hood.

I complained on beta about there should be a timer before the wheel can be refreshed. Has anybody else been experiencing this?

I don't think that's how an event should be - everyone should have a chance to win at least.

This JUST happened to me. But I don't think your conclusions about their motivations is warranted. You don't know why they're doing it. They could be clueless new players who have no idea of the value of sunken treasure or they could be players determined to get Wishing Wells or SOKs.

It IS possible that someone *might* happen to look at the wheel when another player they dislike (presumably for plundering them) seems to be after a gold prize. And they might decide to screw with that player as revenge. But how often is that likely to happen compared to just general cluelessness? And who dislikes everyone in their hood indiscriminately enough that they want to squander doubloons to mess with them?

DeletedUser31592

Why do people think the sunken treasure is so good? I won 4 of them so far and I don't think I will ever use them. Am I missing some hidden quality about them?
Small building with goods on an 8 hour timer. Especially when you get into refined goods- this makes refined goods, so no need for unrefined goods. Plus this is a fraction of the size of normal goods buildings, especially in the later ages. It makes it a good deal. ESPECIALLY when you age up- use a 1-up on it and you are immediately producing current-era goods, without waiting for the map deposit or to unlock the tech.

Graviton

This JUST happened to me. But I don't think your conclusions about their motivations is warranted. You don't know why they're doing it. They could be clueless new players who have no idea of the value of sunken treasure or they could be players determined to get Wishing Wells or SOKs.

It IS possible that someone *might* happen to look at the wheel when another player they dislike (presumably for plundering them) seems to be after a gold prize. And they might decide to screw with that player as revenge. But how often is that likely to happen compared to just general cluelessness? And who dislikes everyone in their hood indiscriminately enough that they want to squander doubloons to mess with them?

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -- Hanlon's Razor

DeletedUser35475

True but other buildings that give you goods can be motivated. I like those better :)

You can almost place another ship in the same space of 3 Sunken Treasures. If you collect the ST every 8 hours you don't get as many goods from it but you do get other things in addition to the goods.

I'll just keep the ones I have in Inventory and see if they become more useful if I ever get to a high age.

Volodya

Do your hoodies have access to something that you don't have? Seems to me they're playing the game as designed and within the rules, just like you are when you attack and plunder them. They don't like what you do, you don't like what they do; I don't see a whole heck of a lot of difference.

Last edited:

Agent327

You know that, I know that and possibly everyone on this board knows it, but that's a minority. It's been my experience that the majority of players have been confused by the selections kits having the same name as the three fully leveled versions of the ship

Click on the kit on the wheel and you get the info what it is all about. Majority of players is not confused, but most of the time to lazy to look up the info.

Agent327

This is how this event always has been. Same happened last year and the year before. Not all players are looking for the same prizes. Sunken Treassure gives 1 fp in 24 hrs, so I rather have a SoK and refresh the wheel. Why should I wait for you to get what you want?

Agent327

That isn't possible. Info on players winning something is about half an hour old and not recent.

DeletedUser30312

Because multiproduction buildings tend to have big footprints; the Bazaar's 5x4 is typical. Then there's the Terrace Farm which is 6x5 or 5x6 which is even bigger. The Sunken Treasure is a nice small 2x3 and has some pretty good options as well. I don't like them myself because of their vulnerability, but I can definitely see the appeal here for people who do use them.

What has been popping up in the gold spaces for you guys? Most of the time for me it's either selection kits or a Shrine of Inspiration. I've seen the Sunken Treasure once. Honestly, the only thing that's inducing me to spin for those is the 3 map pieces when they come with 3.

DeletedUser35475

Because multiproduction buildings tend to have big footprints; the Bazaar's 5x4 is typical. Then there's the Terrace Farm which is 6x5 or 5x6 which is even bigger. The Sunken Treasure is a nice small 2x3 and has some pretty good options as well. I don't like them myself because of their vulnerability, but I can definitely see the appeal here for people who do use them.

What has been popping up in the gold spaces for you guys? Most of the time for me it's either selection kits or a Shrine of Inspiration. I've seen the Sunken Treasure once. Honestly, the only thing that's inducing me to spin for those is the 3 map pieces when they come with 3.

I have been getting a lot of the selection kits and shrines of all types too.

DeletedUser34800

I've still only seen the Sunken Treasure once (which I got), but I also haven't been staring at the wheel all day long.

It's a nice little building, and if j could get more, I would. I like FPs, and it's small enough that I would use it if I didn't have any SoKs.

I'm not worried about it being plundered. That's so rare. Been almost 2 months since I got attacked last.