• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

RazorbackPirate

@RazorbackPirate you don’t seem to worried about unlocking the Map?

In my HMA city I have completed the HMA map. I still have the 4 expansions down the center of the HMA tech tree locked up for Events if I need them. Since we've now had 3 events that have given alternatives to all tech and map advancement I may unlock them, but I'm not 100% convinced future events won't require Tech and Map advancement with no alternatives.

My LMA city, I am slowly completing tech and the map to unlock the 2nd RQ slot, I won't be advancing beyond that on the Map. Once the Arc rush begins, I'll get plenty of medal expansions. Maybe I'm more patient than most, but I don't feel the need to advance on the map beyond my age just for a few expansions. I simply make choices about what to do with the limited space available. If a building doesn't increase the number of FPs I produce per day either directly or through more RQs, it stays in inventory.

While I can speak for the author, my interpretation has been to take the provinces that contain the expansions only, leaving the other provinces unscouted, to be used for Events that require map advancement. I have never interpreted it as a recommendation to push into the map beyond your age in search of expansions.

Once you've taken all open sectors and provinces on the map and have nothing else scouted, the Daily Challenge will no longer give you tasks related to map advancement. The fact that you continue to get them is because you continue to scout new territory.

As it says on the first page of this guide,
It is important that you understand that this guide will provide guidelines, not instructions on what you have to do. This means that you can -and should- adapt it to your personal boundary conditions.

This also means I will not be addressing questions of "I'm here, what to do?".
I can't tell you what to do with your city. This is where you need to make your own choices based on the guidelines and how you want to play your game.

DeletedUser35894

In my HMA city I have completed the HMA map. I still have the 4 expansions down the center of the HMA tech tree locked up for Events if I need them. Since we've now had 3 events that have given alternatives to all tech and map advancement I may unlock them, but I'm not 100% convinced future events won't require Tech and Map advancement with no alternatives.

My LMA city, I am slowly completing tech and the map to unlock the 2nd RQ slot, I won't be advancing beyond that on the Map. Once the Arc rush begins, I'll get plenty of medal expansions. Maybe I'm more patient than most, but I don't feel the need to advance on the map beyond my age just for a few expansions. I simply make choices about what to do with the limited space available. If a building doesn't increase the number of FPs I produce per day either directly or through more RQs, it stays in inventory.

While I can speak for the author, my interpretation has been to take the provinces that contain the expansions only, leaving the other provinces unscouted, to be used for Events that require map advancement. I have never interpreted it as a recommendation to push into the map beyond your age in search of expansions.

Once you've taken all open sectors and provinces on the map and have nothing else scouted, the Daily Challenge will no longer give you tasks related to map advancement. The fact that you continue to get them is because you continue to scout new territory.

As it says on the first page of this guide,

I can't tell you what to do with your city. This is where you need to make your own choices based on the guidelines and how you want to play your game.

I didn’t quite know how to take the guide as far as map advancement. It mentions only use it for expansions...later on mentions for events and that up to IA may be safe. That’s why I’m here, to find the answer as to if there are enough available to follow the guide and do events and when it will break recurring quests. Yes, we can all play how we like, I’m not looking for anyone to necessarily tell me how to do so, I’m looking for the actual information to make a proper decision. Several things aren’t clear due to the way they are worded, as one example.

I’m very grateful for the guide @HQS cant join forum has made for us. It’s fantastic. This doesn’t mean we can’t discuss and learn even more and add to it or help others in specific situations who would like to still follow it, but either came to it late or are unclear.

My DC’s started asking for that again when I accidentally scouted, as mentioned previously. I merely wanted to know if it was safe to take that sector and not break the two recurring quests in LMA. Ya know, information to make decisions by, the purpose of these forums.

I think it’s best we don’t interact any longer. The knowledge I receive isn’t worth the condescension, assumptions and hypocrisy along with it.

There are plenty of other friendly and willing folks here....and if not, so be it.

DeletedUser29726

With regards to the map, there is advantages of course in going further ahead - and costs. Main rule is never scout before you're ready to take for the sake of DCs.

The two ways to trigger bonus lines that take away your side quests unabortably :
- LMA story quest to welcome the princess after you rescue her - but you can also finish this questline in LMA
- Industrial province completion (Garrincton + either Las Penas or Dragon City (not sure which)) - to get off industrial continent you need to take Garrincton, so make sure not to scout Las Penas/Dragon City. If you want to finish the industrial questline without unlocking the industrial bonus it's imperative you take the 'support the south' route and only fight the northern provinces until the story is done - this is doable in colonial age.

DeletedUser29218

@Sadarta. I think no one has tried to reach, say, FE while being in HMA, so we don't really have any confirmation about what happens. I could try it now that I don't play anymore, but, as you can imagine, I feel extremely unmotivated to do so. And if I were to ever return to the game, it could potentially make things harder for me.

@xivarmy. What we are missing is if unlocking or finishing bonus questline I is another requirement to unlock bonus questline II.

@Everyone. I don't play anymore and so I can no longer keep up with last game updates (mostly special items from events/DC, I can imagine from context but I had no clue what happened to WW). I recommend you to have @ThruTHEhead as a "role model" and @xivarmy as someone very knowledgeable about the game. For the ones lost In this sea of comments I think knowing who are the best "sailors" can be of great help.

DeletedUser29726

@xivarmy. What we are missing is if unlocking or finishing bonus questline I is another requirement to unlock bonus questline II.

It is not a requirement to finish it - it is possible to lose both side questlines to bonus quests (I've had people mention being in that position before where after they unlocked the industrial bonus line they had zero side quests). It's not impossible there might also be a story requirement in addition to the province completion requirement, but it's not something I actually want to test.

DeletedUser35894

@Sadarta. I think no one has tried to reach, say, FE while being in HMA, so we don't really have any confirmation about what happens. I could try it now that I don't play anymore, but, as you can imagine, I feel extremely unmotivated to do so. And if I were to ever return to the game, it could potentially make things harder for me.

@Everyone. I don't play anymore and so I can no longer keep up with last game updates (mostly special items from events/DC, I can imagine from context but I had no clue what happened to WW). I recommend you to have @ThruTHEhead as a "role model" and @xivarmy as someone very knowledgeable about the game. For the ones lost In this sea of comments I think knowing who are the best "sailors" can be of great help.

Firstly, I know I’ve praised the guide, but not sure I formally thanked you for it...so thanks!

I’m not too worried about moving forward enough to break the recurring quests while in HMA, I’ll probably move up a bit sooner because of it and then find out how far is ok to go while in LMA, and then CA.

My more immediate concern was whether or not having already done 3 of the 4 quests mentioned to achieve the two recurring questlines in LMA, while in HMA, is going to now make that impossible. I still don’t know, and knowing would effect my decisions on when to move to what age or not, but I’m not going to worry about it too much.

When I found this guide, having moved forward on the map already, was my biggest bummer, but I wasn’t going to start over on a new world at that point.

Then more recently, accidentally scouting two more areas because I’m on mobile and it’s fairly easy to have happen, was even more of a bummer. When the second one happened, I actually blew diamonds to speed it up, and I’ve never used diamonds aside from expansions, but it was already being scouted and a DC was asking to take the province. Normally I wouldn’t have cared and would have just failed the quest, but it was said here that if you had no more scouted quests it would stop the DC’s from asking to take a province. I sure hope that’s the case, or there’s really no consolation for me screwups.

The DC did give me 50 FP, so not a total loss.

I just hope moving forward I have enough room on the map to explore for quests and events and such. That’s the main issue at this point.

It’s too late now though.

Sorry for the long post, but I’m hoping this information helps someone in the future who comes across it.

DeletedUser32824

@Sadarta: I've been in HMA for like 7 months, from having no SMB, CF, or ARC to now having all 3 at lvls 8, 10 and 73 respectively. I wouldn't worry too much about heading to LMA until your arc is 80.

As far as provinces go, I've already conquered all the HMA and LMA provinces (for events) and am now on Colonial. My plan is eventually to hit LMA for just long enough to get diamonds from all the recurring quests (probably except research 2) and then camping in colonial long enough to build up enough goods to go through the next couple ages with ease. That is going to be after I get my Arc to 80 (maybe another month), get my AO to 10 (it's at 5), get a kraken and level it to 10 and get a blue galaxy and level it to 10. Then maybe a traz and teracotta army if my guild can hook me up with the goods for TA. Then I might bump up ages.

I think you're in a good spot. Just take it slow. Get that CF to lvl 6 and then worry about getting your arc down. Once you get CF you will be making a lot of goods and will be able to cruise through GE. (If you don't already have a temple of relics, I'd get one and place it at lvl 1 for the relics.

DeletedUser31308

My more immediate concern was whether or not having already done 3 of the 4 quests mentioned to achieve the two recurring questlines in LMA, while in HMA, is going to now make that impossible. I still don’t know, and knowing would effect my decisions on when to move to what age or not, but I’m not going to worry about it too much.
My understanding is that you only will screw yourself out of the double LMA questlines if you:
1) Go too far in the story line. This is impossible to do while in HMA, as you have to pass the "Build a Tower Ruin" quest.
2) Open up a bonus questline that you're incapable of completing (for example, the indy bonus would be quite hard to complete in HMA/LMA)
3) Go too far in tech compared to your story quests. There are quests like "unlock a cultural technology". If you've already unlocked all those techs in HMA/LMA before getting to that quest, you'd be forced to push in age to complete the quest, and you'd have to complete the quest to get to the double recurring quest slots.

DeletedUser35894

@Sadarta: I've been in HMA for like 7 months, from having no SMB, CF, or ARC to now having all 3 at lvls 8, 10 and 73 respectively. I wouldn't worry too much about heading to LMA until your arc is 80.

As far as provinces go, I've already conquered all the HMA and LMA provinces (for events) and am now on Colonial. My plan is eventually to hit LMA for just long enough to get diamonds from all the recurring quests (probably except research 2) and then camping in colonial long enough to build up enough goods to go through the next couple ages with ease. That is going to be after I get my Arc to 80 (maybe another month), get my AO to 10 (it's at 5), get a kraken and level it to 10 and get a blue galaxy and level it to 10. Then maybe a traz and teracotta army if my guild can hook me up with the goods for TA. Then I might bump up ages.

I think you're in a good spot. Just take it slow. Get that CF to lvl 6 and then worry about getting your arc down. Once you get CF you will be making a lot of goods and will be able to cruise through GE. (If you don't already have a temple of relics, I'd get one and place it at lvl 1 for the relics.

Thanks. I started about May 15th., and considering I found this guide in late June and I only recently got a really good friends list and guild, I feel I’m doing pretty well. I have LOA and CDM at 7, SMB about to be 7. I have a TOR, OBS and Zeuss.

My CF and Arc prints are done. CF goods paid for, just waiting on goods that should be here end of this week or early next. Arc goods a couple weeks after that. I have all the FP to pay for them...have most of the Traz prints and a start on Inno.

Thanks for the tips and encouragement.

DeletedUser35894

My understanding is that you only will screw yourself out of the double LMA questlines if you:
1) Go too far in the story line. This is impossible to do while in HMA, as you have to pass the "Build a Tower Ruin" quest.
2) Open up a bonus questline that you're incapable of completing (for example, the indy bonus would be quite hard to complete in HMA/LMA)
3) Go too far in tech compared to your story quests. There are quests like "unlock a cultural technology". If you've already unlocked all those techs in HMA/LMA before getting to that quest, you'd be forced to push in age to complete the quest, and you'd have to complete the quest to get to the double recurring quest slots.

Thanks for this.

Also, you just can’t accidentally hit that Fair Maiden quest I guess. Somehow I feel I’d goof and hit it at some point. ;)

I’m gonna try and stay in HMA for awhile. At least until I know I can move deep into CA at least if I want.

Thanks again.

DeletedUser29726

You can finish LMA bonus if you hit fair maiden by accident - you might need a bit of tech room left in LMA (don't remember all the quests), and you'll need cannon camps to finish it up so you'll not have tech room left at the end of it all.

DeletedUser35894

Are the Sunken Treasure or the Ship any good for our uses? Ship seems decent for use during much later eras. Wasn’t sure about the treasure. Seems small enough at 3x2.

DeletedUser29726

Are the Sunken Treasure or the Ship any good for our uses? Ship seems decent for use during much later eras. Wasn’t sure about the treasure. Seems small enough at 3x2.

Not for a HMA powerleveler. The Sunken Treasures are nice for ages that don't have small production buildings to have enough to use to complete DCs and events - and are pretty nice on 8 hr in higher ages, and not terrible on 1d if you don't need them that day for that purpose.

DeletedUser35894

Not for a HMA powerleveler. The Sunken Treasures are nice for ages that don't have small production buildings to have enough to use to complete DCs and events - and are pretty nice on 8 hr in higher ages, and not terrible on 1d if you don't need them that day for that purpose.

Kinda what I figured. I’ll probably just keep going for SOK’s...by the time I get past CA I’m sure many more events will have something of similar quality for goods. If I get one I’ll save it for later.

DeletedUser32824

I'm picking up a ship because I can have 6 FPs produced in 21 tiles. This compares to some of my FP production buildings that produce 1 FP in 10 or 12 tiles (my bridge, gondola dock market, some of my palace towers). I set up a limit in my city that I would not put anything in that makes 1 FP with greater than 12 tiles, and so far I've kept up with that. The reasoning for me is that mathematically 2 alchemists (12 tiles) generate about 1 FP if you look at 1 in 5 saltpeter quests should give an FP pack, that's 2 alchemists. If anything is greater than 12 tiles I don't use it. The Royal ship is 21tiles/6FP or 1 FP per 3.5 tiles, which is more efficient than SOKs and takes up less road space. It's definitely way better than filling that space with alchemists unless you are really dying for goods from quests. For me, the ship is one of the better buildings, next to tholos for FP per footprint. The only issue I have with the ship is that it is kind of awkward to fit into my city. Same with the sunken treasures--since they are 2x3, like a rogue hideout, and not 3x2 like an alchemist I found them hard to place in my city, since I have my whole city set up to cram in alchemists.

But, the average player should be able to get a lvl 7 ship without issue and 6 FP is a huge gain. I've also gotten from the wheel 4 SOKs and 2 sunken treasure, which brings my event total FP production to 12 FP so far (I don't have the lvl 7 ship yet, but I will). I average about 11 or 12 FP production per event, and the event is far from over, so hopefully I can get lucky and get another 2 or 3 FP generators.

Hope this helps. Go math!

DeletedUser31440

The reasoning for me is that mathematically 2 alchemists (12 tiles) generate about 1 FP if you look at 1 in 5 saltpeter quests should give an FP pack, that's 2 alchemists.

FP pack is a 1/14 chance, if you're counting the UBQ during the abort cycle then it would be 1/7.

14 alchemists = 84 tiles
1 fp per 16.8 tiles from alchemists

DeletedUser32824

FP pack is a 1/14 chance, if you're counting the UBQ during the abort cycle then it would be 1/7.

14 alchemists = 84 tiles
1 fp per 16.8 tiles from alchemists
Thanks for the back up! All i know was on my spreadsheet removing 2 alch dropped me about 1fp. If its even less that makes fp generating buildings even better!

DeletedUser31308

Update: Today is the day. Level 80 Arc, the 4th on this world, achieved 186 days into this server.

ToR - 2
HS - 5
Traz - 3
SMB - 4
LoA - 4
CDM - 2
Inno - 5
Zeus - 4
CF - 6

Just another status update, for those that want to get an understanding of how the pace of the game changes when you push your lvl 80 Arc. It took me 186 days to get my first GB to 80. It's been exactly 100 days between then and now, and here's the state of my GB list:
CF - 71
HS - 10
Traz - 10
IT - 64
Arc - 81
CDM - 9
CoA - 8
FoD - 3
ToB - 10
ToR - 2
SMB - 5
Zeus - 8
LoA - 4
Cape - 60

You can see I've pushed 3 other gbs to or above level 60, averaging 1 per month. This has been despite a decrease in overall activity since hitting Arc lvl 80 (a little bit of burnout, and a lot of my wife wanting to see me more). I may raise Traz soon, along with the other Attack GBs, but am trying to get through the FP GBs first. So Hagia, CDM, AO, Kraken. AO and Kraken may have to wait until after the other attack GBs/Traz, specifically because I don't want to have to buy those goods, I'd rather pump them out myself when I move up to VF.

Edit: I should also note that I moved up from LMA to CE in those 100 days as well. I'm currently camping in CE due to the goods shortage on a new world (most of the age rushers with high CFs skipped straight to FE, flooding that market).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32824

You can see I've pushed 3 other gbs to or above level 60, averaging 1 per month. This has been despite a decrease in overall activity since hitting Arc lvl 80 (a little bit of burnout, and a lot of my wife wanting to see me more). I may raise Traz soon, along with the other Attack GBs, but am trying to get through the FP GBs first. So Hagia, CDM, AO, Kraken. AO and Kraken may have to wait until after the other attack GBs/Traz, specifically because I don't want to have to buy those goods, I'd rather pump them out myself when I move up to VF.

In what order did you level your GBs? I'm thinking of doing cape and then CF. How exactly did you do this so quickly? I've had my arc at ~70+ (now at 75) for about 4 weeks and I've only managed to make like 3.5k FP in packs (my daily amount has gone to my arc). I feel like it's going to take me another month or so to get 80 without blowing all my packs (which I want to retain for snipes/investing).

Did you do a swap group for CF? I don't know a ton of people who level it consistently and I only have enough prints for lvl 12 I think :(