• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser35475

It doesn't seem to have an age associated with it so I am assuming it is the age you open it in, sort of like the upgrade kit.

DeletedUser29726

Do you leave the wheel when you are in a duel?

Between refreshes, sure. Not only do I get to see who stole "my" item, it sometimes saves time if you manage to leave just before and enter just after a refresh.

Agent327

Between refreshes, sure. Not only do I get to see who stole "my" item, it sometimes saves time if you manage to leave just before and enter just after a refresh.

Does it matter who "stole" your item? It is someone that hit that button a moment before you. Who cares who it is.

I know, your answer will be I care. You guys/girls place way to much importance on that wheel. As if it is a competition.

DeletedUser29726

Does it matter who "stole" your item? It is someone that hit that button a moment before you. Who cares who it is.

I know, your answer will be I care. You guys/girls place way to much importance on that wheel. As if it is a competition.

Might, probably won't. But this train of conversation was to do with whether it was possible to use the ticker to find out what you want to find out. Glad we've come to an agreement that it is.

Agent327

Might, probably won't. But this train of conversation was to do with whether it was possible to use the ticker to find out what you want to find out. Glad we've come to an agreement that it is.

Only if we agree you have to be agreat guy to want to know in the first place :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29726

Only if we agree you have to be an idiot to want to know in the first place :p

That's beside the point. Main reason i use the ticker is to see if the wheel is dead at the moment or not at a glance (the timestamp on the first entry telling when it was last spun - very useful to decide if a) it might be worth watching for next refresh or b) if i want to refresh myself if others are likely already laying in wait to fight over any good wheels i find). If someone wants to use the ticker to find out who to punish for stealing their item, they're probably having more fun than me so good on them!

Agent327

That's beside the point. Main reason i use the ticker is to see if the wheel is dead at the moment or not at a glance (the timestamp on the first entry telling when it was last spun - very useful to decide if a) it might be worth watching for next refresh or b) if i want to refresh myself if others are likely already laying in wait to fight over any good wheels i find). If someone wants to use the ticker to find out who to punish for stealing their item, they're probably having more fun than me so good on them!

Still think you put way to much importance on that wheel. Nothing really there you desperately need to have and not everyone is looking for the same items, so you see competition where there is none. I am willing to bet you, that the item I look for does not mean anything to you and you can never guess what it is and in the end it isn't about the items on the wheel, but about the upgrade kits.

DeletedUser10720

Yeah I will refresh the ticker just to check timestamps constantly. See who has been spinning recently and how often. Let's me know if this wheel is freshly renewed or dead and been sitting for a while. I can check who spun recently, if more than one person is currently spinning, if there are multiple ships built in their cities I know they likely have more tickets than me so I can let them spin out a few more and try to get the better odds for what I want.

There are plenty of good reasons to check the timestamps and refresh that ticker. Simply because you don't feel the need to use it doesn't mean it's less valuable to the rest of us.

Clearly nobody cares what you're after since it's only incredibly special to you. But since you're stating it's about upgrade kits you're probably after the same map prints as everyone else, thinking you're clever looking at them and not the prizes. Like everyone else.
Those can also be watched and taken into consideration. The timestamps and wheel watchers can count those and see who is hunting the map heavy wheels, when those 3 drops are in your favor.
Exactly the same strategy can be applied.

-Athena-

Perhaps I have been playing this game far too long but I remember when the summer event was "the event" to look forward to every year. This year has been a huge disappointment. I remember when you offered decent prizes that you would want to keep on spinning the wheel for like a premium house or a premium supply building not just your regular buildings that you can just build because most everyone who is a high level player such as myself has already finished the tech. I remember barracks being a prize not just one troop. Drummers and Color Guards certainly do not rate as a silver bordered prize. Wishing Wells and SoKs are nice for a lot of players but you get to a certain point and you just end up storing them and deleting ones you have up to make room for other items. Larger amounts of coins and supplies and goods wouldn't suck either. I have seen events "nerfed" but the stinginess of what is offered in this event is extremely glaring.

Also the one doubloon for quests and then eventually the two doubloons...couldn't it have been two and then five? Stingy.

As for the ultimate prize of the ships...they don't totally suck, in fact other than their size the rewards are decent. But really couldn't you have found a way to be able to place them on water expansions? We have all that water surrounding our cities and we know you can use it as evidenced by the ship and sub those of us in AF through VF have in our water. I'll be honest if that had been offered I would be trying for a fleet of pirate ships and perhaps one or two of the others but as it is I don't want to use up anymore land except for the one pirate ship I have.

But all in all my main point is perhaps you could look through your "archives" and check out the summer events of the past and see how much more giving and exciting they were.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35831

Well, as someone without a lot of FP producing stuff yet, this event has been pretty kind to me. So I can't complain.

I just leave the wheel open in the background, go do something else, and if I hear the refresh sound I go check it and spin if there's something I want. Picked up 2 Sunken Treasure and 9 SoK's so far. (1 from treasure maps, 8 from spins)

Never actually refresh the wheel myself, that seems like throwing a doubloon away most of the time.

Sadly I'm out of Doubloons now as the last wheel that had an SoK ate my last 9 doubloons trying to get it and then someone refreshed it away. :D

DeletedUser34515

Now that I’m close to obtaining The Ship level 7 In an event with limited time there have been two significant delays in qust play —6hr and now a 10hr delay. How many more delays are there? Are we being held back from completing the Summer Event intentionally? What the heck is going on? :/

DeletedUser35753

Now that I’m close to obtaining The Ship level 7 In an event with limited time there have been two significant delays in qust play —6hr and now a 10hr delay. How many more delays are there? Are we being held back from completing the Summer Event intentionally? What the heck is going on? :/

What do you mean by delays? Once you finish the 30 initial quests, and catch up your daily backlog, you'll only get one quest per day plus the daily login doubloons.

DeletedUser26965

Perhaps I have been playing this game far too long but I remember when the summer event was "the event" to look forward to every year.
I don't know, I've only been here for three Summer Events now but how it seems to me is they're always changing events to some degree or another. Diamonds used to be much more available in events, now the only way to get them is if they happen to be a random reward.

I was counting on getting WW's from the Spring Event and got completely screwed out of them because they were impossible to get. I got to the point where I believed they were going to practically eliminate WW's from events since you could get them in DC's and FoY's in GE but then later I was shocked to see how easy they were to get in the Soccer Event which turned out better than all other events I've played to get them.

I guess ya never know what they're gonna do, sometimes events will be worthwhile sometimes they won't and that prizes and such are all relative. Obviously for end game players who have everything most events are nothing to get excited about but for a new player even coins are nice to get.

Agent327

There is an initial quest line that you can go through at maximium pace. At the same time a second questline starts with 1 quest a day. After you finished the first questline you are bound to catch up with the second quest line at some point and after that you can only do 1 quest every 24 hrs.

DeletedUser15539

Why do people think the sunken treasure is so good? I won 4 of them so far and I don't think I will ever use them. Am I missing some hidden quality about them?
I've wondered the same thing myself. Yes, the Sunken Treasure can give you one FP a day for a 2x3 footprint, which is the same as an SoK with a 2x2 footprint. And the Sunken Treasure requires population where the SoK provides population.
Some players have commented on the amount of goods the Sunken Treasure can produce. But if I need goods I can get all I need through doing recurring quests, at zero footprint.
What am I missing?

DeletedUser29623

I've wondered the same thing myself. Yes, the Sunken Treasure can give you one FP a day for a 2x3 footprint, which is the same as an SoK with a 2x2 footprint. And the Sunken Treasure requires population where the SoK provides population.
Some players have commented on the amount of goods the Sunken Treasure can produce. But if I need goods I can get all I need through doing recurring quests, at zero footprint.
What am I missing?

Do you have blacksmiths in your city solely for fulfilling quests and daily challenges? If so, you can replace them with STs. For two tiles more you get a production building that can produce FPs or goods when you don’t need it for quests instead of a building that otherwise produces nothing of value.