• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

DeletedUser31440

In what order did you level your GBs? I'm thinking of doing cape and then CF. How exactly did you do this so quickly? I've had my arc at ~70+ (now at 75) for about 4 weeks and I've only managed to make like 3.5k FP in packs (my daily amount has gone to my arc). I feel like it's going to take me another month or so to get 80 without blowing all my packs (which I want to retain for snipes/investing).

If you don't mind pissing a few people off, go guild hopping after you're done with GE and go on a sniping frenzy. You should be able to build up a good stock pretty quickly. Without an Arc I made about 600 fp's in a week doing that.

DeletedUser31308

If you don't mind pissing a few people off, go guild hopping after you're done with GE and go on a sniping frenzy. You should be able to build up a good stock pretty quickly. Without an Arc I made about 600 fp's in a week doing that.
@amiar This is the exact answer I would give. Hopping = easily 200 FPs in a day from sniping.

Also, I went CF first. I have not and will not do any more swap groups since level 80 Arc, it makes no sense. Instead, I've made friends out of other top players, and we've coordinated the GBs we'd like to raise. There were many others that saw CF as the second most OP GB behind Arc (rightfully so), so we all raised them around the same time using 190% threads. Self leveling until a spot is lockable at 190, then posting it to the thread. By maintaining enough inventory to take lots of spots of others posting, I've gotten many CF prints, Cape prints, Traz, IT, etc.

DeletedUser31308

Did you decide that the fp generation was more important than happiness?
Yes. Happiness = more UBQs and more collect coins quests. I can still, with the 50% happy reduction, quest as much as I have time for and still gain coin/supply. I'm working on getting out of the red though so my battle points won't be cut in half.

Edit: In truth, it's the incredible cheapness of IT that caused it to be raised so fast. That sweetspot was like a dream, I couldn't stop once I started.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32824

I never thought of that! I actually just spent about 2.5k FP sniping probably like 500 FP in profit just now from my friends list. I don't think I quite have the bankroll to guildhop just yet. Down to like 1k FP and I bet some of these snipes wont flip for a couple days.

@True: That's what I was planning on doing. I just need to find some people who also want to level CF so we can get prints off of each other. I might do Cape in the meantime since I have about 40 sets of the BPs.

DeletedUser29218

DeletedUser31308

Doesn't suprise me at all, but it is an amusing sight :p

Seeing the progress in last 100 days I see you did burnout a lot too. I guess no one escapes that. You could add the amount of invested FP, probably enough to lvl at least 2 g more GBs in the 60+ range?

No, my bank is actually dwindling a bit now. I haven't hopped in 4 or more weeks at this point, just haven't had the time. I've been really slacking on the sniping game.

DeletedUser31308

So you camped in LMA to get your arc to level 80+ for a little over half a year?
I camped in HMA. When my Arc was around level 75, I decided to move to LMA to start collecting those goods from my CF. I knew my next goal after hitting level 80 Arc was going to be the tech rush, which would be predominantly held back by goods, not FPs. Thus the sooner I started collected the next Age's goods I'd need, the sooner I'd hit CE.

DeletedUser35894

I wish I could follow this layout, but I already have 7 tiles across. I tried to upload a picture of mine as well, but this site is giving me errors when trying to upload more than one pic. It also apparently hates IMGUR links.

Any suggestions to make the most of it?

The show layout is the one recommended here, but where would you put the houses and if you had more SOKs?

Also is that for HMA or a later era?

Right now my layout is similar to @ThruTHEhead ’s, but I can see how space will be hard not to waste on that extra row on the side next to the GB’s. I’d guess I could let that area be a little inefficient for awhile and then eventually put a COA up there as that’s the only one that would fit that has any length and then not too many squares would be wasted on the roads.

Thanks.

Attachments

• FAD72B28-64ED-4DEF-B30B-6F9B261C3C69.jpeg
    FAD72B28-64ED-4DEF-B30B-6F9B261C3C69.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 34

DeletedUser35894

Am I forever doomed having 7 across for the section that holds my GB’s? Upload a file keeps failing here and it won’t accept imgur links. Any tips on how to get that to work?

I really need to get this sorted as I have tiles to lay and want to be ok now and in the future.

Perhaps spiral is better anyhow? And I’m not sure at what age or capacity of tiles that about @HQS cant join forum recommended layout. I know you’re supposed to go square at some point.

I just can’t stand having inefficiencies.

DeletedUser31308

Am I forever doomed having 7 across for the section that holds my GB’s? Upload a file keeps failing here and it won’t accept imgur links. Any tips on how to get that to work?

I really need to get this sorted as I have tiles to lay and want to be ok now and in the future.

Perhaps spiral is better anyhow? And I’m not sure at what age or capacity of tiles that about @HQS cant join forum recommended layout. I know you’re supposed to go square at some point.

I just can’t stand having inefficiencies.

You're not doomed, but there will always be inefficiencies. You can look at an example CA city I designed for myself when I was 7 wide. On foemanager, the tag is SBWILZ6WI8

DeletedUser35894

You're not doomed, but there will always be inefficiencies. You can look at an example CA city I designed for myself when I was 7 wide. On foemanager, the tag is SBWILZ6WI8

Ok, thanks, I’ll look when I get on my Mac. I don’t think that works on mobile.

Yours was 7 wide here on page 21? That’s actually the basis of what I used for why my city is now. ;)

The above example is actually 8 across, but 7 and 8 just don’t go all the way up...but I don’t see a lot of room for 2x2 spaces and I don’t have all those GB’s and may never have a HS, so no template for that then.

Obviously I don’t have to stay at 7 forever, but I need a plan for the future and such and to know I’ll have enough to go square when needed down the line. Mine is now 7 across and about to finish off the bottom row which will make it 9 long.

Not sure how to find that tag. All I have on FOEMANAGER is Tools, which only has the planner and I looked in community and that didn't look like it either. If I can figure that out than maybe I can show mine as well.

DeletedUser35894

Thanks, I'm guessing you did that from the load in game city feature. I went to go try and repeat the action, but while my log in screen is set to English, the menus while largely English, they are not when trying to choose the world. Perhaps a browser incompatibility with Safari, I dunno, but once you're in that screen you can't back out. So I'm stuck in some Eastern European language for certain menu items.

Oh well, just wanted to see how to proceed. The site @ThruTHEhead showed is a good basis, but is similar to the one here shown on page 21 that I had already followed. @ThruTHEhead did you change from 7 across for the city you have from this thread? I have no HS and don't know that I'll need one, I'm gonna have to play around with FOEmanager a bit more and see what I can come up with.

I can do the one @HQS cant join forum shows, which is the one that I posted an attachment for, just the 7th. side will be inefficient up at the top where mine has gone too far up into the GB area. If I had or cared about having a COA it would lose very little space, but that's not the case.

DeletedUser31308

Thanks, I'm guessing you did that from the load in game city feature. I went to go try and repeat the action, but while my log in screen is set to English, the menus while largely English, they are not when trying to choose the world. Perhaps a browser incompatibility with Safari, I dunno, but once you're in that screen you can't back out. So I'm stuck in some Eastern European language for certain menu items.

Oh well, just wanted to see how to proceed. The site @ThruTHEhead showed is a good basis, but is similar to the one here shown on page 21 that I had already followed. @ThruTHEhead did you change from 7 across for the city you have from this thread? I have no HS and don't know that I'll need one, I'm gonna have to play around with FOEmanager a bit more and see what I can come up with.

I can do the one @HQS cant join forum shows, which is the one that I posted an attachment for, just the 7th. side will be inefficient up at the top where mine has gone too far up into the GB area. If I had or cared about having a COA it would lose very little space, but that's not the case.
At this point, I'm much wider than 7 across, and also max length. I maxed length first, then expanded across. A good trick to use is to use your 6 wide columns as a place to put 2x2s and the 4 wide event buildings (of which there have recently been many). Of course, you can always cap your long columns with houses on the end. If you're raising your Arc, you will find inefficiency inevitable. I remember adding expansions so often that it was practically impossible for me to redesign to make the best use of the new space to work it in with what is existing.

RazorbackPirate

Oh well, just wanted to see how to proceed.
If you are getting some Eastern European language when trying to choose the world, you are not on the .us server. Select that and the rest will work.