• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Reconstruction Mode Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser31199

This is a magnificent tool, I like it as it is. Everything must be put back before saving, great! This will prevent player abuse by not using the Store Building for storing items away which I'm sure would be incredibly abused, just open reconstruction, remove the one item, and save, lol.

I love the fact that you have provided a sorter for building bonus types and GBs.

I see suggestions such as flattening buildings, which I wouldn't use but don't care if others need it. I also see a suggestion for allowing a construction save as a temporary blueprint until there is a final save. I can see the logic in this, but could require a complete redesign of how the function works, maybe it could be done with a temporary memory, if the player doesn't finalize it in a set amount of time, the redesign blueprint is discarded. Thank you for putting this together, I can't wait for Tuesday!

DeletedUser36269

I think it is very helpful. Would be great if you could add buildings that are stored, store buildings, or delete buildings withIn the edit process.

DeletedUser26965

Well, I DID read the announcement thoroughly, and I watched the video twice, and nowhere in either do I see that question about timers even alluded to, let alone answered. Would you kindly point out the line(s) in the announcement which address this?
It won't effect the times on buildings because you're not actually moving anything until the final press of the button which in less than a second rearranges all the actual buildings. Now if you moved set pieces out of their original orientation and placed them after that will reset them and of course if you placed a building without a road that will stop the timer till you reconnect it but nothing while in the process of reconstruction mode.

Think of it like a copy of your city when you're in reconstruction mode. Your city is still fully functioning and there even if you placed all buildings away in reconstruction and just sat there looking at to you what looks like empty space but behind it is your city just like you left it.

DeletedUser34981

This is a great feature :D Thanks! One important thing to add though, and very simple to add too, would be the option to delete buildings within the edit window. Then, say, you got your optimal set up, and you don't have room for a 4x4 you dont even care about, then you can just opt to delete it rather than saying "Oops!" Going back, deleting it, and spending like 2 hours redoing the exact same thing again :p Otherwise, great feature! (Basically just have it so you can drop whatever is left in the hypothetical storage space, rather than having to use, you can opt to complete, get a warning, like, "Are you sure you want to delete the items remaining in the hypothetical storage? Type "DELETE" to proceed." Or something. Then yeah, saves multiple hours for everyone with no downsides whatsoever, and the choice to just save hours etc ;D) Thanks!

DeletedUser35405

I've had this feature while it was it beta, it is really fantastic, and I'm excited to see the widespread roll-out! Thank you FoE team! The only suggestion I would make is to allow users to sell buildings that are in storage, instead of cancelling all changes, selling the desired building, and redoing the changes. Otherwise, this is the most amazing tool!

DeletedUser36299

I have been waiting for something like this for a long time. It has better than I dared hope for. It is a greta addition to he game. I foresee spending a large amount of time experimenting with all kinds of city layouts. The only thing I would suggest is that some time in the future to be bale to rotate the buildings and other entities. Thanks.

DeletedUser

Will others be able to aid your city while it's in Reconstruction Mode?
Yes. Technically, you are in Reconstruction Mode, not your city. Your city does not change or function differently while you're using this. It only changes if and when you save the finished product. If you use Reconstruction Mode, but cancel your changes without saving them, there is absolutely no effect on your city. You could think of it as having available an exact duplicate of your city to experiment with and if you like what you come up with, you save it as the new layout of your city.

DeletedUser8428

This thread makes me laugh, honest to Pete. 30 responses to the announcement and half of them are of the "gee, thanks but that's not enough - while you're at it you need add XYZ". Hard to believe that SO many players felt it necessary to provide feedback for a feature that isn't yet available.

DeletedUser26488

And the BIG QUESTION is...Is it free or will it cost Diamonds?

DeletedUser36032

How do I get into reconstruction mode?
It should be available tomorrow, when you click on the menu that gives you the ability to move a building or sell a building, etc, you will now see an icon of a crane within that menu at the top center of your screen, click on that, and another menu off to the left side will open. You can store buildings in this menu and the productions will keep going, rearrange your city, then set those stored buildings back down, be sure to click on save when you have emptied your temporary storage reconstruction menu, and after saving, you will taken out of reconstruction mode, good idea to set aside at least an hour of your time if you have a lot of rearranging to do. It is an awesome feature, you'll love it.;)

DeletedUser6120

I think this is a fabulous idea, and a long time in coming! All of my cites are sizable, and growing more so with each Age, Great Building and each Special Event. I think that the designers at first did not realize how many players would keep Special Event buildings (like the Maharajah's Palace, The Pirate Ship, etc.) and make them a permanent fixture in their cities. I certainly do. But that makes for a very difficult time moving and re-arranging things. The prize "store building" has helped, but not enough, and of course, that is one time only option that expires as you use it. I cannot remember all the times that I had to delete all "menu" buildings like supplies buildings, culture, military, etc. in order to have room to re-arrange my city. Then of course, I had to start all over re-building my military, supply, etc. buildings. Do-able, but it was a real nuisance, and it consumed considerable time, resources and effort. I have often wished that I could move my Main Hall to a different location, or re-arrange streets, for a better conformation. This new Construction option will allow that now! Very well done, and much appreciated!

nicholas.aw

It should be available tomorrow, when you click on the menu that gives you the ability to move a building or sell a building, etc, you will now see an icon of a crane within that menu at the top center of your screen, click on that, and another menu off to the left side will open. You can store buildings in this menu and the productions will keep going, rearrange your city, then set those stored buildings back down, be sure to click on save when you have emptied your temporary storage reconstruction menu, and after saving, you will taken out of reconstruction mode, good idea to set aside at least an hour of your time if you have a lot of rearranging to do. It is an awesome feature, you'll love it.;)

Thank you for the info. Looking forward to reconstruct my city. It's in a pretty mess. Lol.