• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Most recent change to method for completing recurring quests

• Thread starter DeletedUser28297
  • Start date

DeletedUser28297

The most recent change (game version 1.136.8828.adb22e (04.10.2018) to the method for completing recurring quests (unbirthday, surprise, etc) is absolute garbage!
1. Players are now required to click 50% more often to complete quests.
2. Relevant information on quest completion capability (coins/supplies remaining vs. coins/supplies needed to complete quests) has been removed from the relevant viewing area, and half of the information needed is grayed out in the default location listing total amounts of coins/supplies making both at-a-glance, and comparing opposite corners of the display more difficult without adding any benefit to usability.
3. The default position for the abort button on these quest types no longer allows players to predetermine responses by using mouse/pointer position (left or right edge of single option quest abort button on previous quests).

In summary, there is NO BENEFIT to the player, 50% more extraneous actions are now required, and the overall effect negatively impacts ease of play.

Revert to the previous method immediately!

Agent327

Steps of a Proposal

1. Go to the Proposals section
  2. Check the Do Not Suggest List
  3. If your proposal is not on the DNSL check the Frequently Proposed Ideas and do a forum Search to see if it’s already been suggested
  4. If you can’t find a similar proposal then Properly Format your proposal
  5. Submit Proposal
  6. Wait at least two weeks
  7. If multiple people support your Proposal you can at this point Submit it for Nomination
  8. At this point “moderators will review it and decide if a poll will be created or if it needs further discussion first”
  9. If successful your Proposal will be Submitted for Vote
  10. If successful it should be Submitted to Inno
  11. For various reasons a Proposal may end up in the Closed/Archived section, if that happens they state “...try re working the text and create a new proposal thread for it.”
  12. If a Proposal goes through to Inno I’m not exactly sure what happens at that point
  13. Never add a Poll to your own Proposal
  14. If you get slushpuppy responses try to ignore it

Agent327

Apart from that it is a proposal that has no chance at all.

The new system is a part of a wider set of changes that will allow us to make quests more varied by asking for several different things, or making it possible to fulfill a quest in more than one way. That said, we are aware that some players have raised concerns related to an additional click needed to fulfill the "pay"-type quests. We have decided to go ahead with this change nevertheless, because we believe that pros outweigh cons.

DeletedUser35894

So there's no hope....and here I was going to take the time as well, as instructed to by CS. It's not just "a click". It's really changed my game. Heavy questers everywhere are none to pleased. Oh well.

DeletedUser31440

So there's no hope....and here I was going to take the time as well, as instructed to by CS. It's not just "a click". It's really changed my game. Heavy questers everywhere are none to pleased. Oh well.

So across my different cities I do about 400-500 quests a day, while annoying, this hasn't impacted my game at all. It doesn't slow me down enough that I have to dump all fp's instead of quest cycling when spending them, it doesn't prevent me from cycling quests when collecting my city, and while I don't like the change I cannot wrap my head around how some people seem to equate it to the sky falling. The thing that's most annoying about it isn't even the added time imho, it's that it is much easier to skip over the UBQ when cycling.

Heck when I collect I might end up being 2 cycles slower than last collection, but that doesn't really matter because I'll still have to wait for the aid button to be available. As an aside, has anyone else noticed that the aid timer stops counting down whenever you aid another player, and then doesn't restart until the player that you aided is showing 24 hr?

RazorbackPirate

Agent327ost: 219640 said:
Heavy questing isn't a part of the game Inno intended to be, so you can forget getting support there.
Unless you can show proof from Inno to the contrary, this is a matter opinion, not fact. While entitled to it, no issues with that, without evidence don't ascribe it to be an official Inno position. Abortable Recurring Quests were part of the game when Chateau was released and RQ have been promoted in the marketing materials as a specific type of quest with new versions for each new era. There is nothing new about Heavy Questing, if anything, all CR did was articulate and document it as a comprehensive strategy. Many of the first responses to his thread said as much. Nothing new, thanks for making it clear, writing it down, etc.

Don't forget Inno, by default, is god of the FoE universe. They know the end from the beginning, can see 10 steps ahead, and understand how each piece fits the whole in a way we never will. Every GB released prior to Traz and Chat had to do with increasing fundamental city resources. Population / Happiness / Coins / Supplies / Goods / Medals / FPs / Attacking A/D / Defending A/D. The PE GBs were the first ones to provide 'indirect boosts' that have little value without the player adopting a play style that takes advantage of it.

The Traz / Chat combo is also the first of, what I call, the War and Peace goods GBs. Traz - units for goods production through plunder. Chat - reward boost for goods production through RQs. Voyager V1 and Dynamic Tower are the other pair. V1 - Plunder goods. DT - Aid goods. War and Peace.

The evidence to me, points to god's (Inno's) over arching design intent with two clear paths of progression. Traz and Plunder vs. Chat and RQs. War and Peace. Then god left us alone to figure it out on our own. I find it ironic, the war path with Traz and Plunder are championed as a design intent of the the game, yet the peace path with Chat and RQs is derided as a loophole or unintended consequence. When players come here wanting more limitations on the war aspects of the game, war is championed, the peace nicks derided and shut down. When players come here wanting limitations or obstruction on the path to peace reduced or removed, they too derided and shut down.

This game truly is a parallel universe in some ways.

Not singling you out Agent, but with many things, people preach unsupported positions as gospel and state opinions as fact when the only reason they believe their position is someone more senior than they told them it was so. Unless you can show me chapter and verse to support this, I don't buy the premise. Would you say heavy plundering isn't a part of the game Inno intended to be? War or Peace?

Last edited:

DeletedUser12063

Heavy questing isn't a part of the game Inno intended to be, so you can forget getting support there.

Inno designed it, so what makes you think questing or heavy questing isn't in their design?

Inno will change when they start losing money for making this change and they won't be getting me back as a regular customer. You can't make such a boring aspect of the game, that is there by design, more boring without suffering consequences.

DeletedUser12063

So across my different cities I do about 400-500 quests a day, while annoying, this hasn't impacted my game at all. It doesn't slow me down enough that I have to dump all fp's instead of quest cycling when spending them, it doesn't prevent me from cycling quests when collecting my city, and while I don't like the change I cannot wrap my head around how some people seem to equate it to the sky falling. The thing that's most annoying about it isn't even the added time imho, it's that it is much easier to skip over the UBQ when cycling.

Heck when I collect I might end up being 2 cycles slower than last collection, but that doesn't really matter because I'll still have to wait for the aid button to be available. As an aside, has anyone else noticed that the aid timer stops counting down whenever you aid another player, and then doesn't restart until the player that you aided is showing 24 hr?

You don't have 26 cities designed for heavy questing and more soks than anyone on the US server and I do. They are now 26 cities that don't collect and have removed everyone from their friends lists.

DeletedUser12063

Monkeying around with the UBQs and quest line overview has a long history and this last change has broke the camel's back. I guarantee it will affect Inno profits.

Agent327

Don't forget Inno, by default, is god of the FoE universe. They know the end from the beginning, can see 10 steps ahead, and understand how each piece fits the whole in a way we never will. Every GB released prior to Traz and Chat had to do with increasing fundamental city resources. Population / Happiness / Coins / Supplies / Goods / Medals / FPs / Attacking A/D / Defending A/D. The PE GBs were the first ones to provide 'indirect boosts' that have little value without the player adopting a play style that takes advantage of it.

The Traz / Chat combo is also the first of, what I call, the War and Peace goods GBs. Traz - units for goods production through plunder. Chat - reward boost for goods production through RQs. Voyager V1 and Dynamic Tower are the other pair. V1 - Plunder goods. DT - Aid goods. War and Peace.

The evidence to me, points to god's (Inno's) over arching design intent with two clear paths of progression. Traz and Plunder vs. Chat and RQs. War and Peace. Then god left us alone to figure it out on our own. I find it ironic, the war path with Traz and Plunder are championed as a design intent of the the game, yet the peace path with Chat and RQs is derided as a loophole or unintended consequence. When players come here wanting more limitations on the war aspects of the game, war is championed, the peace nicks derided and shut down. When players come here wanting limitations or obstruction on the path to peace reduced or removed, they too derided and shut down.

This game truly is a parallel universe in some ways.

Not singling you out Agent, but with many things, people preach unsupported positions as gospel and state opinions as fact when the only reason they believe their position is someone more senior than they told them it was so. Unless you can show me chapter and verse to support this, I don't buy the premise. Would you say heavy plundering isn't a part of the game Inno intended to be? War or Peace?

I do hope this is meant as sarcasm.

Agent327

Inno designed it, so what makes you think questing or heavy questing isn't in their design?

They may have designed it, but players make it. Plenty of examples of player ingenuity they never saw coming.

Inno will change when they start losing money for making this change and they won't be getting me back as a regular customer. You can't make such a boring aspect of the game, that is there by design, more boring without suffering consequences.

They will not start losing money and they don't know you, so why should they care?

DeletedUser12063

They may have designed it, but players make it. Plenty of examples of player ingenuity they never saw coming.

They will not start losing money and they don't know you, so why should they care?

Bull

Heavy questing was designed as soon as recurring quests were designed in the original game. I've done heavy questing in BA with every city I started after the original and many others do it also.

They look at the forums and they check accounts. If they don't know me, why have they sent me two special offers in the past two days. I'm not the only player who will stop sending them money.

Agent327

Heavy questing was designed as soon as recurring quests were designed in the original game. I've done heavy questing in BA with every city I started after the original and many others do it also.

It wasn't designed, it was invented.

They look at the forums and they check accounts. If they don't know me, why have they sent me two special offers in the past two days. I'm not the only player who will stop sending them money.

Yeah, that must be it. They saw you complaining on the forum and decided to send you some special offers. Not like they do that with everyone.

You really will be a big loss for the game.

DeletedUser30900

Wow, best post of October already?! Man, I thought it’s gonna take longer...