• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Get your first two great buildings in less than a month

RazorbackPirate

Yeah they probably made it so people would feel better about hanging out in the ba for a while and not waste fp
Actually, think of the Oracle as the GB with training wheels. It's part of the tutorial so you can build it to understand how a GB works and give it a try yourself. All of BA is a tutorial age. Why the sudden attraction to now camp there I'll never know. There's nothing you can get out of BA that you can't get twice as much of in IA.

Despite the addition of the Oracle, this guide is not outdated. Follow the guide to get out of BA quickly, get into IA quickly, go guild surfing for BPs and coins, then build your first two (real) GBs as quickly as possible. IMO, there's no reason to camp in BA. None.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29726

It's not 'sudden'. And there are reasons to camp bronze age for a little bit - there's just a lot more reasons now than there used to be to get out of it sooner rather than later. I used to do about two weeks in bronze age at least because it's the easiest age to hit hundreds of quests a day without a chateau (using slinger loops). The idea was usually to build up a big store of FP packs and use them to skip ahead through the ages efficiently while having some already levelled GBs. I was planning one day to do the level 10 Zeus+Babel before i left bronze age some world but then they added a lot of stuff.

For me what changed that was expedition - now i tend to move to iron age the first monday of a new world. Daily challenge is also a strong encouragement that cuts the gap in FP production despite the initial quest count drop going from bronze to iron age.

RazorbackPirate

It's not 'sudden'. And there are reasons to camp bronze age for a little bit - there's just a lot more reasons now than there used to be to get out of it sooner rather than later. I used to do about two weeks in bronze age at least because it's the easiest age to hit hundreds of quests a day without a chateau (using slinger loops). The idea was usually to build up a big store of FP packs and use them to skip ahead through the ages efficiently while having some already levelled GBs. I was planning one day to do the level 10 Zeus+Babel before i left bronze age some world but then they added a lot of stuff.

For me what changed that was expedition - now i tend to move to iron age the first monday of a new world. Daily challenge is also a strong encouragement that cuts the gap in FP production despite the initial quest count drop going from bronze to iron age.
IMO, 2 weeks in Bronze Age to do as you're saying is not camping. The thing I like about Glurg's guide is it sets specific goals. Then once those goals are met you age up. That's not camping, you're never even in park.

What I'm talking about are those who want to stay in BA for months then come here to complain that the latest Event has them stopped up because they have no goods to donate to a guild and no guild to donate to. I know players who refuse to leave BA until they have several thousand of each BA good stored up to trade for upper age goods later in the game. I keep telling them, to age up, trade down.

Lando6

Hey all,

I know this thread has been dormant for a while now, but I wanted to add my experience to this hybrid technique that meshes Cosmic Raven’s strategy and guild hopping together.

I recently started a new city on 2/18/19 in Brisgard (Lando6 is my name). Tomorrow I plan to jump to the Iron Age after 2.5 weeks in BA. Here are a couple of my findings about this hybrid strategy. It really works! Here is what I’ve accomplished in 18 days.

1250 BA goods, 500k Coins, 175k Supplies, 61 FP Packs (305 FPs inventory), 60 Diamonds, Oracle lvl 5, Zeus lvl 4.

BP’s: I lost count, but I have 8 unique BP’s for CDM, COA, Col (useless), HS, and St. Basil’s.

More than half for SMB, Dresden, Space Needle, Capitol, ND (useless), LOA, and RAH.

4 for Traz, CF, Cape, Arc. And a couple others for various BP’s.

With BA expansions and 3 medal expansions, I was able to hit 41 blacksmiths. I had 42 for a bit, but I scored a SoK in the carnival, so that FP production took precedence. I utilized my Oracle at lvl 5 to give me enough happiness that I did not need any decorations or cultural buildings while maintaining 120% (I leveled Oracle first since I didn’t have a military for most of the 18 days). Also, a lvl 5 Oracle will satisfy the 2k supplies RC. Good stuff.

My main strategy was to guild hop most every day. I didn’t realize this till about one week in, but if you camp in a guild over the time that you collect your Town Hall coins, you will also reap the guild’s FP production. That was a tasty bonus when I discovered that. That’s an extra 2, 3, 4, or even 5 FP’s more a day! I would also utilize this time with the 2-3 hrs I spent in those guilds to post my GB’s that were close to leveling, so I could get free FP’s from higher players who could reap the benefits from their Arc levels. I probably gained an extra 150 FP’s this way.

While I guild hopped, I would also friend a few of the higher ups in each guild so I would have higher level friends to get FP’s from in their tavern and score higher level BP’s. After I received all my BP’s needed for Zeus and ToB (more on this GB later), I started to aid only those players higher than me in each guild I hopped to. This would almost assure me higher level BP’s without entering each player’s city and manually Mo/Po’ing.

As for ToB, I did not build this GB since LOA is a lot better, and I did not need the population boost or the extra goods due to me being able to complete a ton of RC’s a day.

As some parting thoughts, if you plan to use this strategy, make sure you think through things very carefully. I utilized the FOE wiki a lot during this time and even started to use a FOE city planner to start war-gaming for the Iron Age. I can’t wait to start the IA and see how much my hard work as paid off. I hope to give an update in 2 or so months when I ready to jump into EMA. FYI, I attached my city layout just as a reference. Have fun everyone!

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

DeletedUser38090

FYI, I attached my city layout just as a reference. Have fun everyone!
That's a decent design. Back in the heyday when I did this, I had this design, which can put in 9 more blacksmiths. Tavern was included since I didn't level the Oracle.
vP2VQyd.png

Snarko

As some parting thoughts, if you plan to use this strategy, make sure you think through things very carefully. I utilized the FOE wiki a lot during this time and even started to use a FOE city planner to start war-gaming for the Iron Age. I can’t wait to start the IA and see how much my hard work as paid off. I hope to give an update in 2 or so months when I ready to jump into EMA. FYI, I attached my city layout just as a reference. Have fun everyone!
If you don't mind the repetiveness do the same in IA except snipe GBs too. Then build and level CF and/or Arc, for more winnings doing the same thing.

If you're still not sick of it after that then continue leveling CF to 60+, until you can do as many UBQ as you have time for.

Then you can just stay in IA rapidly levelling GBs until, much later, you are ready to continue doing the same thing in LMA. Assuming you've somehow made it that far without quitting or giving up and playing a more "normal" style :)

Lando6

Hey Snarko, thanks for the tips. When I started to plan my strategy out, I forgot to figure in the goods it will take to construct a CF or Arc in IA. Won’t I have to do ALOT of trading up goods to get these? If so, I feel like that will be my biggest challenge, not necessarily the BP’s. Any advice on that?

Mandy, nice layout! I might have gotten something a little closer to yours if I had found the FOE city planner a little earlier. That little program is sweet!

DeletedUser38090

Won’t I have to do ALOT of trading up goods to get these? If so, I feel like that will be my biggest challenge, not necessarily the BP’s. Any advice on that?
Usually I would just ask a goods seller who will allow you to trade 1 BA good for 2 PE goods in exchange for donating some Forge Points onto whatever Great Building they desire. Depending on who you ask, you'll get different prices. Usually in newer worlds, it's more expensive. 250 FP seems to be the general standard for CF goods on the worlds I play on, although you can probably find somebody who can do it for cheaper. Usually, I would just ask anybody with a high level CF if they have any goods to sell, as that is a useful heuristic.

Snarko

What Mandy says. If you're guildhopping you can also leave a message in the guilds that you will soon want to buy goods for CF in exchange for FP. That might get you a few offers.

When I built Arc I asked people in lower ages who had one where they got the goods and how much they paid for them. Asking around a lot got me a great deal for the goods in the end.

Lando6

Ah. That's a good thought. Well, at this point, I think I'll keep hopping for a while till I score some more higher level BP's, while sniping some. When I get a full set of CF or Arc BP's , I'll settle down for a bit and make some deals. Thanks Snarko/Mandy

DeletedUser38613

eh with so much things requiring a TON of time to play a game meant for use only when you have an hour of idle time between real world ventures, makes me wonder if I should even continue playing this game. Sounds like to advance fast, you need a LOT of time on your hands. And that just is a bother especially if you're trying to level up in your real world career. I'd rather build an empire where I can collect every hour or so as many of us have real world obligations and can't be tied down by a game all day.

DeletedUser38687

spend your diamonds for farms, it's the greatest help ever. 2 farms, and no problems with the supplies. I'm. playing for 6 or 7 weeks, for the first time, no guides no friends nada, and now im sitting in iron age with 8 GB arc, zeus, coa, tor, cmd, and others. when you free to play, do short productions, when not, ask friends to motivate your farms

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38090

spend your diamonds for farms, it's the greatest help ever
Why would you ever want to spend money to buy premium production buildings? Even though they are more efficient than other options, the fact that you can't even do the 2-24 hours productions recurring quests with them puts you at a massive disadvantage. Besides, supplies are easy to get even with the regular supply buildings.

DeletedUser38687

well, you do receive about 400 diamonds on the first days from quests it's the best use of the diamonds

DeletedUser38090

well, you do receive about 400 diamonds on the first days from quests it's the best use of the diamonds
You could spend them on expansions. At least with expansions, you will always find them useful later on. 400 diamonds is already 2 expansions. With premium supply buildings, you'll have to delete them because they become inefficient. I know the first few hours might be a struggle to get supplies, but you can easily get more supplies by pushing the campaign map, and then you can start replacing your city with mostly blacksmiths.

DeletedUser38687

You could spend them on expansions. At least with expansions, you will always find them useful later on. 400 diamonds is already 2 expansions. With premium supply buildings, you'll have to delete them because they become inefficient. I know the first few hours might be a struggle to get supplies, but you can easily get more supplies by pushing the campaign map, and then you can start replacing your city with mostly blacksmiths.
I dunno, expansions ate not that helpful, I mean with the premium farm, you have the advantage of Motivating, you can leave a 24 hrs production, someone will. motivate it surely since there 2 farms and not 20 blacksmiths. the production of one only, being motivated it's like of 20 blacksmiths together. Im a newbie at all started a month and half ago, but i only use goods on everything, i can complete GE 64 every week, and so on. I'm just saying, the 2 farms helped me to stay on line easy with less effort. the production. of a farm is even better than of shoes factory from EMA, OK a few cubes more at space building, but who cares.

DeletedUser38090

I dunno, expansions ate not that helpful,
I think you're going to regret saying this. Space is a premium in this game, and if you're denying yourself expansions for something that will be outdated as a premium supply building, your progression through the game will have a lot of struggles.

, I mean with the premium farm, you have the advantage of Motivating, you can leave a 24 hrs production, someone will. motivate it surely since there 2 farms and not 20 blacksmiths. the production of one only, being motivated it's like of 20 blacksmiths together.
You could easily get 140 friends in a day and then they can completely motivate your blacksmith productions. Back when I had 55 blacksmiths, I could get them all motivated in around 4 hours after collection.

Im a newbie at all started a month and half ago
Which explains why you might think a premium supply building is better than 2 expansions.

but i only use goods on everything, i can complete GE 64 every week, and so on.
Wait, if you use goods for everything, and complete GE 64 every week. Why do you have a CoA? Why do you have a Zeus? Why do you have Great Buildings that only have a bonus for attacking? CoA's coin production is abysmal, and CDM is marginally questionable (because of FPs, which can be useful for anyone).

I'm just saying, the 2 farms helped me to stay on line easy with less effort.
I'm not disputing that, but if you are struggling with coins and supplies by the middle of Bronze Age with even the non-premium supply buildings, you're doing something really wrong. You should never need to buy a premium supply building whatsoever.

farm is even better than of shoes factory from EMA, OK a few cubes more at space building, but who cares
Okay, and once you get to HMA, you're going to realize that the expansions were the better choice. "A few cubes more at space" is what I consider an attitude that is inconsistent with wanting to have the most efficient town. You'll find sooner or later that every tile matters.

DeletedUser38090

now im sitting in iron age with 8 GB arc, zeus, coa, tor, cmd, and others
Alright, I just looked up your town on the city planner, and you don't even have a Castel Del Monte, or what I think you were trying to say with "cmd". The real question is why are you trying to misinform me about your city? If you play on only one town, you should not forget something as prominent as a Great Building.

DeletedUser38687

Alright, I just looked up your town on the city planner, and you don't even have a Castel Del Monte, or what I think you were trying to say with "cmd". The real question is why are you trying to misinform me about your city? If you play on only one town, you should not forget something as prominent as a Great Building.
im missing a few goods only to build it, but i do have the bps and 80%of the goods

DeletedUser38090

im missing a few goods only to build it, but i do have the bps and 80%of the goods
But you don't say, "I have a CdM", and not have it built in your town. Nobody really cares about if you have all the BPs and 80% of the goods. You haven't built it, which means you don't have it.