• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Genghis Khan Historical Questline Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

RazorbackPirate

Indeed, I made my choice, as stated. I just don't think this prize is worth it.

To me, C-Map is a finite resource. Since I'm not just sprinting into the VF and finishing all of the VF C-Map to make these quests auto complete, I need to make decisions on how I spend my remaining amount of C-Map.

As I said, Mill of Fall was worth it. Big events are, in my opinion. A little side event, eh, not gonna bother.

I do find it strange that Inno decided to put the forced progression quests back in though. If it was a big enough of an issue that they felt they needed to remove them, I'm not sure why they think those players would be okay with them adding them back in.
You seem to think the choice to include map progression is an all or nothing thing. I suspect moving forward, some events will have progression, some won't. In the context of Khan, lots of fighting quests and acquiring a province makes sense for the Event, but I also see how it might not make sense for individual players.

DeletedUser34800

I imagine it's because they've added VF. What age are you in? I'm in FE and well into the AF map so I'm sure my views are different given my amount of runway. I completely agree that I would be bummed if I was trapped at the top and couldn't do the historical quests. You can't argue that it's a problem of the few, but you also can't argue that those few represent the core of Inno's customers.

That could be. A new age released, so why not try to push progression.

And I'm definitely not complaining, just my personal feedback. I made a decision, and that's it. Some will surely feel the building is worth the C-Map progression, and surely others will be insanely mad over the forced progression.

Edit: I'm in the Progressive Era, but pushed into Post Modern Era C-map for the troops. Have no issues pushing further if I have to, so long as I think the prize is worth it. As I said, did it for fall event.

DeletedUser34800

You seem to think the choice to include map progression is an all or nothing thing. I suspect moving forward, some events will have progression, some won't. In the context of Khan, lots of fighting quests and acquiring a province makes sense for the Event, but I also see how it might not make sense for individual players.

That makes sense. Lots of fighting, lots of taking sectors and provinces. You're right, that fits the theme of the event. I can get behind that.

Still don't think it's worth it hahahaha. I saw there was more C-Map progression (acquire a province) as the final quest (saw the quests list in the Wiki). So, scout and acquire.

Again, you're right, fits the theme. And I suppose it doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing either (having the forced progression quests or not). Just odd they brought them back. Fits this Khan event, but not the Fall event.

DeletedUser34800

All right, I scouted and took the province as the event asked and completed it. I'm grumpy, but I didn't want to not play the event.

It was fun enough, okay prizes. Enjoyed reading about Genghis Khan. Still don't enjoy being forced to make C-Map progress, but I apparently like events more. Hope Inno decides to keep those quests out of events, but I guess I won't sit out the event if not.

I feel like I would be a bad activist or protestor.

DeletedUser36555

Sadly, it appears to me that, unless you have been in a guild for a while, you will not be able to complete this quest chain.

One of the quests early in the chain requires you to research a technology or complete the first level of the Guild Expedition.

I hope that I am wrong though.

On edit. Completing a technology will advance the quest line.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8428

Sadly, it appears to me that, unless you have been in a guild for a while, you will not be able to complete this quest chain.

One of the quests early in the chain requires you to research a technology or complete the first level of the Guild Expedition.

I hope that I am wrong though.
It's certainly possible to research a technology without a guild . But I won't be continuing in the Khan quest as I have no more research to complete without moving up an era and I'm not ready to do that. But there's no penalty for not participating, and there will be plenty of other historical quests. Not a big deal.

Dido 815 the Scourge

I recently started a second city on another server with the intention of trying some new things and not repeating the same mistakes I made on my main world as a noob. Thought this would be a good time to do it and that the event could potentially help my new little city. Just reached Iron Age today & planning to camp in HMA/LMA eventually. One note; the event quests for my main city are not an issue whatsoever. Having said that....

I’m finding it incredibly challenging to complete the event quests and my first daily challenge today with the tasks given. I made it through the first 3 event quests no problem. Then I started getting the spend FP tasks in each quest thereafter. I’ve progressed in my main city to the 8th challenge and every one of them has required me to spend FPs to complete them. As I said, for my main city this isn’t an issue. However, my new city isn’t even generating FPs other than the ones provided the hourly. Granted the amount to spend has been low thus far; I think one was. 6 FP spend & the current one is a 10 FP spend. Kinda slow going and “uneventful “ for this new city.

Gold gathering amounts, # of mo/pos , amount of tavern silver to collect all seem to be on the high side for a new city. EX: Collecting 1000 silver isn’t that easy with 6 chairs, the first upgraded floor, and 75 confirmed friends.

Now I don’t expect the event to be a gimme and I am fine working towards something that’s achievable within a reasonable amount of time and with some effort. I just think the event task requirements should be looked at again when setting benchmarks for the earlier ages.

PS; I pushed to get to Iron Age so I could research Events before the current event started. Did that and now I’m a little disappointed with the ability to complete the actual tasks.

RazorbackPirate

It's certainly possible to research a technology without a guild . But I won't be continuing in the Khan quest as I have no more research to complete without moving up an era and I'm not ready to do that. But there's no penalty for not participating, and there will be plenty of other historical quests. Not a big deal.
Can't you just do GE level 1? When I got to that quest, that part auto-completed, since I cleared level 1 yesterday for DC.

DeletedUser32389

Still don't think it's worth it hahahaha. I saw there was more C-Map progression (acquire a province) as the final quest (saw the quests list in the Wiki). So, scout and acquire.
I think it's worth saying this every time it comes up: I always sit with a scout ready to repot a new province and don't touch the C-map. I only utilize it when a special questline demands it. This keeps the daily challenge from demanding any C-map progression and it keeps me ready for the specials. I always looked up the questlines on the wiki, but now , with a new province always in my pocket, there's no point

RazorbackPirate

I think it's worth saying this every time it comes up: I always sit with a scout ready to repot a new province and don't touch the C-map. I only utilize it when a special questline demands it. This keeps the daily challenge from demanding any C-map progression and it keeps me ready for the specials. I always looked up the questlines on the wiki, but now , with a new province always in my pocket, there's no point
It's a great plan until the first time you accidentally click the map button.;)

DeletedUser32389

It's a great plan until the first time you accidentally click the map button.;)
Noooo.png

DeletedUser36509

having him ride on horseback through your city is a fun, classy touch

DeletedUser30900

:) Pretty sure that participation in Guild Expedition requires a guild .... I returned to solo play.
Just FYI, you can create a guild of your own so you can do Ge and still being ‘alone’. I don’t suggest that since you are missing a lot by not joining a big guild but it’s still better than guildless:)

DeletedUser8428

Just FYI, you can create a guild of your own so you can do Ge and still being ‘alone’. I don’t suggest that since you are missing a lot by not joining a big guild but it’s still better than guildless:)
Understood, thanks for thinking of me but I'm good the way I am.

DeletedUser

This is what I do when I don't want the responsibility of being in a guild, but want to do some GE and/or complete quests that require treasury donations.

DeletedUser31592

All of my diamond farms are in solo guilds so I can complete GE if necessary. (Events, DCs with a chance of a wishing well, etc...)

Because my diamond farms are in lower ages, the map is limited, and I cannot get a wishing well out of this event, I am only going as far as I can without map progression. A bummer because I do have a Chateau in a few of my cities and the random rewards I'm giving up could be diamonds, but it isn't worth the prize. Big picture. I'm OK with it- Like @RazorbackPirate, I felt map progression fit with the person they are honoring, so I got it. Not a big deal.

I'm done with the event in the two secondary worlds I've not converted to diamond farms. Waiting for the scout in my main. Map wasn't an issue with those three. In Z, I actually need to get moving on the map because I am close to needing to age up. In Arvahall, I plan on camping a little while longer- mainly because I need 1-up and reno kits. I don't have a problem moving that city up if I need to. In my main, I'm not worried about the map. I have access to goods to continue on until VF- where they are more limited. Since I am barely into the TE map (city is in CE), VF goods will likely be plentiful by the time I reach that map, lol.