• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Any freelance GvG fighters? :)

• Thread starter DeletedUser34480
  • Start date

DeletedUser34480

I'm not saying that he is, but that is not an unthinkable assumption.
But you don't tell "go away" to someone, based on such guess, right?
And, I'm not saying "go away" to a person who demanded more details. If it is not pertained to you, just skip it. Or, leave me a choice to provide more details to satisfy one's curiosity, don't give ultimatums.

RazorbackPirate

I don't care who originally wrote, "Give details for your request or go away. Stop being unnecessarily cryptic." Especially when I agree. My reading is based on the fact that you were asked very straightforward questions, yet you still refuse to answer them. My experience is that those who seem like they have something to hide, often do.

So yes, your continued refusal to clarify the specifics of your request, indicates that what you're looking for is someone to help you violate game rules.

DeletedUser34480

Because I accidentally clicked the wrong world. Sorry.
But what was the rush to move this thread out of General?
Did you believe I would get better chances here? If so, did you check when the last thread was created here (save for a person trying to wind up his guild)?
Do you know that a lot of people play in different worlds, while you limited this thread to just one?
Finally, is it so much to ask whether I'd like to keep in General, even if just for few days.

DeletedUser34480

I don't care who originally wrote, "Give details for your request or go away. Stop being unnecessarily cryptic." Especially when I agree. My reading is based on the fact that you were asked very straightforward questions, yet you still refuse to answer them. My experience is that those who seem like they have something to hide, often do.

So yes, your continued refusal to clarify the specifics of your request, indicates that what you're looking for is someone to help you violate game rules.

I'm sorry, it is much simpler than that.
When you tell someone to go away and then say "it was you who got irritated", sorry, it actually you who got irritated.

As for your guesses, guess indicates nothing, really.

DeletedUser

But you don't tell "go away" to someone, based on such guess, right?
And, I'm not saying "go away" to a person who demanded more details. If it is not pertained to you, just skip it. Or, leave me a choice to provide more details to satisfy one's curiosity, don't give ultimatums.
Well, to be fair, someone did ask questions about what you were after and you told them their guesses were wrong, but didn't provide any further info. It is reasonable to read into the question the request for details. The second person (the one who told you to go away) reasonably assumed from this that you would not provide more details in response to further questions. And they only told you to "go away" if you did refuse to provide further info. So you could have short-circuited this whole debate/argument/kerfuffle if you had just spelled out what you wanted in the first place. I do understand that you might not want to, in case anyone you are planning on "targeting" should see, but in that case you could have stated that reason and then said that you would provide more details in a PM.

All that being said, I really don't have a dog in this fight, so you all can carry on however you wish.

DeletedUser34480

Well, to be fair, someone did ask questions about what you were after and you told them their guesses were wrong, but didn't provide any further info. It is reasonable to read into the question the request for details. The second person (the one who told you to go away) reasonably assumed from this that you would not provide more details in response to further questions. And they only told you to "go away" if you did refuse to provide further info. So you could have short-circuited this whole debate/argument/kerfuffle if you had just spelled out what you wanted in the first place. I do understand that you might not want to, in case anyone you are planning on "targeting" should see, but in that case you could have stated that reason and then said that you would provide more details in a PM.

All that being said, I really don't have a dog in this fight, so you all can carry on however you wish.

I actually stated that if person from U world and might be interested, I would provide further details in PM.
That second person got curious but, instead of asking, he demanded details. Moreover, he told to go away otherwise.

DeletedUser21322

Did you believe I would get better chances here? If so, did you check when the last thread was created here (save for a person trying to wind up his guild)?
Do you know that a lot of people play in different worlds, while you limited this thread to just one?
Finally, is it so much to ask whether I'd like to keep in General, even if just for few days.

Because this is placed in proposals, and it is not a proposal.

Emberguard

1) there's nothing cryptic about the request, it just needs to be re-worded so any fluff is cut out and is better presented.

2.1) as long as there's no multi-world or diamond transactions, and the real world is not involved then there's nothing here to suggest it's asking to break the rules

2.2) if only one world is involved and you're looking to hire someone then the question section is irrelevant to this thread. This is less a question and more a request.
3) If everyone refuses to use the appropriate section of the forum when they've got something to post then of course no one will bother visiting.
3.1) They don't have to look at the World to find your request. There's a new posts tab that will get peoples attention
3.2) The appropriate action would have been to start the thread in the appropriate part of the forum, put a link in your signature so when you visit other areas it's visible to desktop users and if no one posts in the thread at all then talk to the mod about moving it to a more active part of the forum
4) Relax. Your own aggressive defensiveness isn't doing you any favours.​

DeletedUser34480

Emberguard, I say your 2.2 is the only valid reason. Yet, does it have to be sterile to be not moved in a hurry?

Your #3 has a lot of stretches and presume-for-others in it :)

And, I will follow #4, as nothing else is there anyway. Clearly, admin just looks to defend her actions rather than for dialogue for the best decision.

RazorbackPirate

Clearly, admin just looks to defend her actions rather than for dialogue for the best decision.
It must be tough to live in a world where everyone is out to do you wrong. (Hint: You don't. You just think you do.)
Anyone else think this post is from someone looking for dialog about any decision other than their own? Lol.o_O

DeletedUser34480

It must be tough to live in a world where everyone is out to do you wrong. (Hint: You don't. You just think you do.)

Anyone else think this post is from someone looking for dialog about any decision other than their own? Lol.o_O

Yup, yup.
When people have no arguments, they tend to resort to verbiage.