• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Which GB's NOT to build and why?

DeletedUser31638

Temple of Relics sort of sucks, unless you want a couple of dozen 2x2 Face of the Ancients and 10 or 12 Tribal Squares!
Temple Of Relics doesn't exactly "sucks" as what you're trying to mention. If you're an active player that completes all 64 encounters every week in Guild Expedition. You can find ToR pretty useful, it gives you the access of relic hunt. Relic Hunt is really good, especially when you see a gold or possibly an emerald looking relic. You just need to stop compromising spending Forge Points on ToR. It's definetly worth upgrading it to no more than lvl 5.

Rewards you can possibly get from Gold Relics - 100x rogues (The best deal), 100 forge points, (2nd best deal), and many more
Emerald Relics - Terrace Farm (Best), Wishing Well (2nd best.), and many more.

If you're in mid ages this is the perfect time to invest forge points on ToR if you want to advance properly.

Jern2017

Temple Of Relics doesn't exactly "sucks" as what you're trying to mention. If you're an active player that completes all 64 encounters every week in Guild Expedition. You can find ToR pretty useful, it gives you the access of relic hunt. Relic Hunt is really good, especially when you see a gold or possibly an emerald looking relic. You just need to stop compromising spending Forge Points on ToR. It's definetly worth upgrading it to no more than lvl 5.

Rewards you can possibly get from Gold Relics - 100x rogues (The best deal), 100 forge points, (2nd best deal), and many more
Emerald Relics - Terrace Farm (Best), Wishing Well (2nd best.), and many more.

If you're in mid ages this is the perfect time to invest forge points on ToR if you want to advance properly.

The gold relic awards the player with 10 Rogues, not 100.

It is alright, but I believe the gold relic should give more Rogues as a reward. Same with medals - 600 medals seems a bit low.

DeletedUser27848

In my humbly ignorant opinion, these are the GBs I will plant in every city, and in this general order, more or less cuz that is the easiest sequence to obtain the BPs and goods for them. If you get them in slightly different order, no matter.

Base GBs: LoA. Zeus. ToB. ToR. Hagia. CoA. CDM. OBS. Traz. FoD. Chateau.
Must Haves: Arc. DT. Kraken. AO. TA. Inno. As soon as you can get the blueprints, and then the goods.
Later: RaH.

I could make an argument that if you were starting the game from scatch, the GBs to get would be LoA, STM, CDM, Zeus and Hagia, then buy-cheat-steal to get Arc and DT. Then level DT and Arc. It's amazing how cheap you can acquire goods when you get DT and fast-level it.

And people the main reason for Hagia isn't the FPs... it's the easiest to acquire GB that makes your city happy. And you can get it long before Traz or FoD.
As big as it is (7x6 footprint), it is amazing how many people I've argued with about Hagia, and then look at their cities, and because they are missing that ALL-IMPORTANT happiness benefit, I see they have Churches, and other stupid space-eating 'Cultural' buildings.

And the reason Capital and Habitat aren't listed here is cuz Inno is superior (IMHO) and I just bypass those.

DeletedUser29726

My take:
Always build: LoA & St Mark's. Even at level 1 these are worth the space, just build em. Level 3-5 is a good cheap spot for them usually, but it's not a waste to go further.
If you plan to fight : Zeus & CdM for sure as soon as you can get them. Aachen eventually, but you can save the space for a while - you don't *need* 90% boost for several ages (by industrial it'd be time to get to work on that)
If you do quests daily : Chateau. Best GB in the game by far if you use the questing system well. Getting it as early as possible is probably worth the headache for those players.
If you expedition : ToR. Don't bother levelling it too far unless your strategy wants jade relics.
If you GvG : Alcatraz. Possibly an endgame build instead if not a GvGer.

There can be justifications for other buildings if you're trying weird and different things. Only ones I'd chastise someone to never build are colosseum and notre dame. Main recommendation is not to spread yourself too thin. Don't build the building if you think it's not worth the work to get it to level 10. Level what you've got before you add more. All but about 3 GBs are a waste of space at level 1 (LoA, SMB, ToR).

----

"Endgame" considerations (endgame may happen in any age really - the cutoff is when you move from the things you need to play the game comfortably to the things that are luxury items that make you overpowered)
1) Arc to 80
2) Direct FP producers through the sweet spot (usually to somewhere around level 55-60). By efficiency Cape and Inno are the best choices to go first and speed up the rest but you could do CdM or AO first at a loss of efficiency if after spending all that work levelling your arc you really want to see a bonus you can use directly. Hagia is reasonable. Kraken is the worst of the lot and should be left for last. Chateau Frontenac might be added in this area depending on just how many unbirthdays you run. Other indirect FP producers are normally not worthwhile for FP alone.
3) Pick what you want to be overpowered at and get levelling

DeletedUser28099

This is one of those "your mileage may vary" questions. Which GBs are worth building depends entirely on what is important to YOU, dear reader.

I worked out a spreadsheet listing each GB on a row and columns for what it provides - goods, coins, supplies, happiness, production boosts, etc. Then I ranked how important each type of benefit is to me. My feeling about coins and supplies is, I produce enough of those with regular buildings that I don't need a GB to help with them, so they are ranked lower in importance. Happiness costs more per square so it ranks a little higher. And things I can't produce at all in regular buildings, like FPs and goods for which I do not have the boosts, get the highest ranking. Military strength just isn't that important to me because I never do PvP, I usually find it cheaper to negotiate for territory, and I only go through the first two levels of GE. So GBs that focus on military strength also get ranked low. I added in some factors like how many FPs it requires to get started and how many squares it consumes, then ran the math.

For me, according to my priorities, the three highest ranking GBs are ToB, LoA, and Frauenkirche. The lowest ranking (actually negative because the building and real estate costs exceed the benefits) are ToR, Haggia Sophia, and St. Basil.

Statistical cost-benefit analysis: It's a floor wax and a dessert topping!

Godly Luke

No need to yell, buddy. I just think the amount of medals and Rogues you get from the Gold Relic seems low compared to the reward of 200 goods or 100 FPs you can get from the same Relic.
Really you get fps and goods? I never get those even at level 14. Only Rogues and rit flames.

DeletedUser

Really you get fps and goods? I never get those even at level 14. Only Rogues and rit flames.
I get them, too. I just moved up in three cities yesterday and in at least two of them I already got 200 goods from the new age I'm in.

Jern2017

I just got 200 goods yesterday.

The Gold Relic can contain:

Ten Rogues
Medals according to your age
Tribal Square
200 of one good from your current age
100 FPs
Ritual Flame

Godly Luke

I just got 200 goods yesterday.

The Gold Relic can contain:

Ten Rogues
Medals according to your age
Tribal Square
200 of one good from your current age
100 FPs
Ritual Flame
I know what you can get, I just never get them. I always get the rogues or rit flames.