• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Move GvG reset time 2 hours back

• Thread starter DeletedUser33934
  • Start date

DeletedUser29726

West coast players often have difficulty with the timing of GvG as is - two hours earlier would be unthinkable. How about an hour or two later instead? ;)

Honestly recalc timing is what it is. You just have to learn to live with it if it doesn't work ideally for you.

Salsuero

West coast players often have difficulty with the timing of GvG as is - two hours earlier would be unthinkable. How about an hour or two later instead? ;)

Yep. It's often difficult to be available at recalc when it's at 5pm here where I live in Southern California. Some people have to actually work during business hours.

cton2.forge

I'm on East Coast time and I have trouble. I have a newborn and I'm usually out cold by reset. Good for some, terrible for others...

But if it wouldn't inconveniance Inno to much I'm all about moving it back 2 hours so that baby and I can participate....

Salsuero

How about a "floating" recalc of 11 hours. Then everyone would be inconvenienced equally at different times :p

How about leaving it the way it is because a floating recalc would inconvenience MOST of the US server population far too many times than makes sense. If you aren't in the US and you play on the US server, you already know you'll be in a US timezone. That was a choice you made. Changing that to accommodate a few non-US players for an aspect of the game that devs don't even seem to care about, while inconveniencing MOST of the players inside the US doesn't make sense to me. You have a server closer to your timezone. Play there if it's that big of a deal.

DeletedUser

How about a "floating" recalc of 11 hours. Then everyone would be inconvenienced equally at different times :p
You know, having a cycle of something other than 24 hours would probably solve a lot of the lag problem on GvG. I think 11 hours is too short, but if they changed it to a 23 1/2 hour cycle, it would give everyone equal shots at being available at recalc times in their turn. This is a great idea. They won't do it, of course, and the outcry from all the long-time GvGers that are set in their ways would be deafening. But it is still a great idea!

Kranyar the Mysterious

How about leaving it the way it is because a floating recalc would inconvenience MOST of the US server population far too many times than makes sense. If you aren't in the US and you play on the US server, you already know you'll be in a US timezone. That was a choice you made. Changing that to accommodate a few non-US players for an aspect of the game that devs don't even seem to care about, while inconveniencing MOST of the players inside the US doesn't make sense to me. You have a server closer to your timezone. Play there if it's that big of a deal.

I was making a joke, but wow...

BTW, did any of you listen to the developer q&a today where they indicated GVG was going to see some major love this year, maybe even for mobile? It was vague, but definitely encouraging .

Salsuero

I was making a joke, but wow...

Not everyone reading would know that you're making a joke. Reading what people post in these forums, you get a sense that people take just about everything written as serious. The only way to effectively surmise that you were joking, even with your sticking out a tongue emoji usage, would be if you were to actually say so. And now that you have, your comment makes contextual sense. Feel free to disregard my response to you.

DeletedUser36705

Not everyone reading would know that you're making a joke. Reading what people post in these forums, you get a sense that people take just about everything written as serious. The only way to effectively surmise that you were joking, even with your sticking out a tongue emoji usage, would be if you were to actually say so. And now that you have, your comment makes contextual sense. Feel free to disregard my response to you.

I'm with you! I request that from now on posters use both a sticking out tongue emoji and a disclaimer stating that they are telling a joke to accompany any and all humorous posts. I will work on a proposal about this matter. Please note that this post does not contain either as it is not a joke. Thank you all.