• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Does This make YOU sick? (Drone footage)

DeletedUser36705

I started building these to do nature footage. Flying low through densely wooded areas is a sure way to crash a drone, but mine can be fixed in a few hours. Often after a bad crash all I need to do is change the propellers and that only takes a few minutes. I travel a lot, and I plan on doing short docuseries on some of the locations. I also work with the local arm of a national ocean conservation non-profit, and I try to provide dynamic footage for their various projects.

Commercial flying is often really boring, but I shoot real estate more like a music video, and put it to music much like my fun edits. The music and dramatic editing can add to the wow factor of the property if it's done correctly.

More snow and rivers:

Really spectacular! Thank you, I enjoyed this very much, made me quite nostalgic for Vermont.

DeletedUser32389

Not sure if you've heard of them, but I think you might like the sound. Check out the band? arist? Dirtwire. I think it might jive well with your videos.
Yes! Thank you! What a sound huh? This is really perfect for the shoot I'm planning. I'm going to Arizona in January, and I plan on shooting it like I'm under water; the drone "swimming" through the air. One could argue that there isn't much difference between swimming and flying, so the watery sound helps bring the effect into focus.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the suggestion

DeletedUser31440

That's a good one, I think pretty much anything he does would work fairly well, except for maybe Ibex or the rest of his Ondar album, that's more Mongolian Throat Singers with some funk in it.

DeletedUser31440

I like the Ukranian song, if you ever do one with a bunch of barrel rolls and twirls check out Twirl Me by The Polish Ambassador.

DeletedUser32389

This is the video that got me hooked. The pilot has a setup that allows him to fly backwards, and it makes it appear that he's upside down. It has to do with the steep camera angle he uses.

DeletedUser32389

Another edit, really love the song on this one. Tell me what you think!

DeletedUser32389

where do u get the footage from?(like i know its from drones..but what forest is this)?
Most of this was taken in or around the Abicoa Greenway. It's a small consrvation area in south east Florida that was set up to protect the endangered Gopher Tortoises (among other animals) It snakes through the suburbs, so the trick for me is shooting it while cropping the houses out, it makes it look way more wild than it is. Less than a quarter mile in any direction and I'm in somebody's yard . :)

DeletedUser32389

Been flying a lot, once I get a rig clicking I pretty much fly every day until I destroy it. Went for something totally different on this one.

DeletedUser32528

I've been experimenting with some new flying and editing techniques, and I'm looking for some eyes that are outside of my field. Frankly, I'm curious if this footage makes you motion sick :)

It's all set to music
Comments and Criticisms welcome
WOW!!! I love it! Such talent!