• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Let us know what you think about the Cultural Settlements and the Vikings. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser35550

Don't bother it's a waste of diamonds unless they made improvements - the rewards are not worth the investment - which you lose every time you complete a village and start from scratch - the novelty wears off quickly

DeletedUser4441

There is definitely a learning curve to it. I used the Beta free diamonds on the first attempt, but none since. I am awaiting my last set of 8 hour builds to complete and I will finish this run through in time to get the 2x bonus with about 3 hours to spare. :) That with playing it casual, if your Johnny on the spot with 4 hours everything you should be able to get 3x bonus easy enough, but with the holidays I did not even try. The emissary I have earned so far gives me +1 FP a day. Its a nice add one, I want the top level Yggdrasil, so I will keep at it.

DeletedUser28371

So is it available on mobile? Obviously dont spend diamonds on things that are temporary. My question is: I'm in Contemporary. Is Plowing already unlocked or do I have to unlock it?

DeletedUser30791

So is it available on mobile? Obviously dont spend diamonds on things that are temporary. My question is: I'm in Contemporary. Is Plowing already unlocked or do I have to unlock it?
Plowing is an existing optional Iron Age research but it provides a city expansion so I'd be surprised if you don't already have it unlocked.

Agent327

There is definitely a learning curve to it. I used the Beta free diamonds on the first attempt, but none since. I am awaiting my last set of 8 hour builds to complete and I will finish this run through in time to get the 2x bonus with about 3 hours to spare. :) That with playing it casual, if your Johnny on the spot with 4 hours everything you should be able to get 3x bonus easy enough, but with the holidays I did not even try. The emissary I have earned so far gives me +1 FP a day. Its a nice add one, I want the top level Yggdrasil, so I will keep at it.

Johnny has lost his spot. Changes they made caused that. You have less days to complete and you earn less copper. Getting that top level Yggdrasil, will take you 8 till 10 months. To get a fully levelled Yggdrasil tree you will need to complete the settlement 15 times. Only settlements 1, 3, 5, 6, 8-10, 12, and 15 are Yggdrasil rewards.

DeletedUser

When I heard about this being tested on Beta, I went to my city there to try it out. Quickly got bored with waiting to progress with it. Maybe it will be better here in cities I'm actively playing...I hope.

DeletedUser35506

Johnny has lost his spot. Changes they made caused that. You have less days to complete and you earn less copper. Getting that top level Yggdrasil, will take you 8 till 10 months. To get a fully levelled Yggdrasil tree you will need to complete the settlement 15 times. Only settlements 1, 3, 5, 6, 8-10, 12, and 15 are Yggdrasil rewards.

Is it for real that long (8-10 months) to get the fully upgraded Yggdrasil tree? Then it means it is not worth the effort or am I wrong?

Also a question about emissaries. Do I understand correctly that they are a temporary upgrade to your main village? I mean they are active only while viking settlement is being played or will they remain when the settlement is over? Cannot find the information :(

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

Is it for real that long (8-10 months) to get the fully upgraded Yggdrasil tree? Then it means it is not worth the effort or am I wrong?

Also a question about emissaries. Do I understand correctly that they are a temporary upgrade to your main village? I mean they are active only while viking settlement is being played or will they remain when the settlement is over? Cannot find the information :(
They remain.

DeletedUser29726

Is it for real that long (8-10 months) to get the fully upgraded Yggdrasil tree?

It's 15 run throughs. At about 2 weeks a run that's 30 weeks or about 7 months to finish it. You could go a little faster than that (or much slower) but it's a reasonable estimate.

DeletedUser26488

Just to clarify; Apart from the Yggdrasil (7 months:eek:???) and the Runestone, is there anything else that can be placed in, or will benefit my main city?

UBERhelp1

Just to clarify; Apart from the Yggdrasil (7 months:eek:???) and the Runestone, is there anything else that can be placed in, or will benefit my main city?
Emissaries will help a bit. Other than that, you can get FP and other rewards from completing quests in the settlement.

DeletedUser29726

Yggdrasil will be worth placing well before the 7 months. It's just 7 months to finish. By level 4 it's already a 3x3 producing 3 FP a day and with 4% attack bonus (comparison maxed pillar of heroes). Level 9 it's 8 FP a day and 10% attack.

Level 4 would take 6 completions or about 2.5-3 months