• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Hands Off Diamond Farm: GE 64 weekly

DeletedUser31440

In case anyone is interested, spreadsheet using wikia info for ToR and another with pure fp producing GB's, tinyurl.com/y7haux56.

Edit: ToR spreadsheet assumes 64 encounters completed each week.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31498

It increases rate of winning fountains of youth which increase diamonds. Temple is one of the 2 GBs i level as priority when i hit the 'finding places to dump FP' stage on a diamond mine - the other being Chateau Frontenac.

CF and diamond farm are oxymorons to me since I stay in Iron. But if one is going to progress through the ages CF makes some sense. But that requires a lot of time/more citty building.

DeletedUser31440

CF and diamond farm are oxymorons to me since I stay in Iron. But if one is going to progress through the ages CF makes some sense. But that requires a lot of time/more citty building.

Once you've gotten to the point where you can fight through 64, and don't have anywhere that you need to spend the fp's on, CF in Iron would be worth it in my mind. There's enough events that give out random rewards that it should provide more diamonds/tile over WW's/FoY's, and the boost in medals can only make getting additional expansions easier. If getting an Arc up and running wasn't so much work the medal expansions would make it worthwhile in a diamond farm, but the amount of work required to build and bring it up just doesn't make sense to me for the extra expansions, maybe I'm just not bored enough yet though.

DeletedUser29726

I do progress beyond iron on most diamond farms - progress = more space for wells. I don't progress fast by any means, but the barrier of "I'm not going further" would usually be progressive era due to unrefined goods from wells being a major liability in the "low effort" department. Most of mine are somewhere from HMA to Colonial atm. I mean to move them all to industrial - but it's a slow process when I often forget and just dump more FP into a level of hagia or CdM reflexively before going 'oh yea, i meant to dump those in the tech tree' :p

DeletedUser32973

I have 8 farms, all IA fighters. The end point of every diamond farm is to auto battle 64/64 imo. Space should be prioritized to getting to that point, not placing more WWs. WWs fill up all the space not dedicated to fighting. This is of course from the perspective of absolute minimum time for maximum diamonds, while being completely self sustaining.

The problem I have with a negotiating farm is it requires management of your friends list and a lot of trading. Negotiation takes a whole lot longer than auto battle as well, and it has the potential to fail at higher levels.

That being said it takes a whole lot more work to get a diamond farm to battle proficiency. Additionally, even at 10/10/10/10 zeus, coa, cdm, and traz I still go in on 3 or 4 battles to manually fight. Right now I'm not really sure what to do to get to fully auto battle. I'm very hesitant to go the arc route and stratosphere my attack GBs....way too much effort.

DeletedUser32824

I think I could be able to transition from negotiating to fighting once I get my GBs leveled. Right now it's not too much effort posting a couple unfair trades every couple days.

I appreciate the break down in the WWs vs. GE. Right now I'm trying to max my WWs and be able to clear GE64, so it's more about diamonds per square for me, which I suppose could be greater if you had a city with the 4 attack GBs, a rogue hidout and WWs

Edit: My guild just made me build an arc, so we will see what happens, haha. Somehow I managed to fit it in by deleting only 1 (I think) foundry, the supporting houses and some roads.

DeletedUser32824

I converted a bunch of my iron foundries to sleigh builders with the winter event with the idea that they would better support diamond production from negotiating GE in later ages without having to support current age goods buildings (I'll have to upgrade the SBs though about every other age though). Could have gotten a slew of WWs, but I didn't think they would output as many diamonds as the space savings and efficiency of sleigh builders.
sleigh.gif

UBERhelp1

Where are you getting your BA goods from? Or are you trading down? I've had some difficulty in getting BA goods via trading.

DeletedUser31440

Where are you getting your BA goods from? Or are you trading down? I've had some difficulty in getting BA goods via trading.

Find a goods dealer, they'll usually have plenty of BA and do bulk trades with them every few weeks.

Alfadirr

That's exactly the reason that I disagree with building tons of goods building at diamond cities, all the space beside necessary GBs should go to WWs. That being said, I think the easier way is building a city with zeus, babel, coa, and cdm with 3-4 archery ranges and 1-2 rogue hideouts. with a 90/90 offense, you should be able to fight through GE lv1-lv3 without manually fighting. All these buildings together are still taking less space than 10 iron foundries you have and you don't need the cottage to provide populations(Babel offers population for the ranges and CoA gives you enough coins to train archers). All the rest of the place belong to WWs! With all the goods you get from WWs every week, you can trade down and get enough BA goods for negotiating GE Lv4.

Are you saying a diamond farm should not have any Goods buildings at all and that Goods should be earned just from GE?

Last edited:

DeletedUser32824

I've been trading down 2:1 within my guild. Otherwise I'll post like 1.5:1 which is advantageous to other people.
you realize that WW has 35% chance to give you 10 goods, right?
Yes, but if you have 20 WWs that's 60-70 goods on average, which is not enough to sustain negotiating through GE4. I think your 90 offense and fighting strategy can work, but it takes longer to get it started. My strategy works well on its own or it would be a good transitional strategy to clear GE before said GBs are built.

Alfadirr

Amiar, great guide thanks for putting this together!

I've been trading down 2:1 within my guild. Otherwise I'll post like 1.5:1 which is advantageous to other people.

Yes, but if you have 20 WWs that's 60-70 goods on average, which is not enough to sustain negotiating through GE4. I think your 90 offense and fighting strategy can work, but it takes longer to get it started. My strategy works well on its own or it would be a good transitional strategy to clear GE before said GBs are built.

Amiar, great point. I will be going with your guide as posted, with the intent to move into a 90 offense strategy after I have the GB's to support.

I'm curious, how many diamond farms do you run? I am planning on 3 farms, but it sounds like it might be a lot of work, even with a hands free apporach.

DeletedUser32824

I'm curious, how many diamond farms do you run? I am planning on 3 farms, but it sounds like it might be a lot of work, even with a hands free apporach.
I only run one. I'm trying to play this game less and even one farm is a bit too much sometimes! I like figuring things out, but even for me, finding motivation to spend an hour+ on negotiating a second GE during the week is too much. I have a newborn and other hobbies that I like to spend time doing so sometimes I just don't do GE that week and just collect my WWs.

It's all about balance for you! Find what works best for your life and if a diamond farm is too much, put it on the back burner and focus on your main city. Start with 3 cities and if that is too much, just abandon one or two :).

Honestly I've been having trouble even spending my diamonds on anything worthwhile. Last thing I spent them on was more spins on the summer event for a second royal ship (which was worth it!) since then I've just been banking them. I'm almost back up to 4k.

Alfadirr

Thanks Amiar. I am in the same 'boat' as you, in that I have not been able to spend the diamonds I have now since the royal ship. I was hoping to for Christmas but it was too costly to go for another spire.

Thanks for the advice!

DeletedUser31440

Honestly I've been having trouble even spending my diamonds on anything worthwhile. Last thing I spent them on was more spins on the summer event for a second royal ship (which was worth it!) since then I've just been banking them. I'm almost back up to 4k.

I'm up to over 20k now, really hoping they keep the Cherry Garden Set for the Spring Event, either that or maybe go hard on the Forge Bowl Event? Not sure yet, but probably should figure out what to do with them.

DeletedUser32824

I'm up to over 20k now, really hoping they keep the Cherry Garden Set for the Spring Event, either that or maybe go hard on the Forge Bowl Event? Not sure yet, but probably should figure out what to do with them.
Yup! I would rather gamble them on daily special building upgrades rather than the grand prize scheme they have going. If so I might do that on the next event that offers that mechanism.