• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Highest Attack/Defense Boost?

mamboking053

Just curious, but what is the highest attack/defense boosts that you have encountered (friend or otherwise)?

DeletedUser35976

Just curious, but what is the highest attack/defense boosts that you have encountered (friend or otherwise)?
There have been people in my industrial age hood with defense boosts of 550%. However, one commando + seven rouges will make easy work of that. I have seen someone also in industrial age with 156% attack.

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

In just IA, I went up against someone with 111% defense in their city. However, that's a rare occurrence.

mamboking053

There have been people in my industrial age hood with defense boosts of 550%. However, one commando + seven rouges will make neat work of that. I have seen someone also in industrial age with 156% attack.

I guess you are the one with the commando... Are you in the Industrial Age or the Progressive? Hopefully Industrial. It would be nice to know I can get a PME unit in Industrial.

I guess they must be squatters or something. You'd think if you bothered to build up 550% of anything you should be way above the competition, especially in such an early age.

DeletedUser35976

I guess you are the one with the commando... Are you in the Industrial Age or the Progressive? Hopefully Industrial. It would be nice to know I can get a PME unit in Industrial.

I guess they must be squatters or something. You'd think if you bothered to build up 550% of anything you should be way above the competition, especially in such an early age.
I am in industrial age. Getting the commando entailed entering industrial age, only researching techs as required to by the PE story, as it has many tech requirements. The modern era story's also have 1 tech research requirement. You will get a quest, Rin Gozen's warriors, which gives four ME light. You can take most of the map with 1 light, seven rouges. PME also has one tech research requirement, so leave a tech left for that. Once you taken a few sectors in Rung Chien Dau or Cai Chet Nui, you will get a quest, Predator which gives one commando. Later in PME you will get four commandos in the story and also one champion.

mamboking053

I am in industrial age. Getting the commando entailed entering industrial age, only researching techs as required to by the PE story, as it has many tech requirements. The modern era story's also have 1 tech research requirement. You will get a quest, Rin Gozen's warriors, which gives four ME light. You can take most of the map with 1 light, seven rouges. PME also has one tech research requirement, so leave a tech left for that. Once you taken a few sectors in Rung Chien Dau or Cai Chet Nui, you will get a quest, Predator which gives one commando. Later in PME you will get four commandos in the story and also one champion.

Hmmm...I have only 9 techs left in my Industrial tree. I didn't research Reconnaissance and everything to the right of that. Am I still able to get the Commando?

DeletedUser35976

Hmmm...I have only 9 techs left in my Industrial tree. I didn't research Reconnaissance and everything to the right of that. Am I still able to get the Commando?
Yes. If you fight in the first few provinces, you will have to research Reconnaissance, and then later three techs. DO NOT research victorian houses until researching a residential tech is called for. If you don't fight for the first few sectors, research Modern Manufacturing first.

Regardless, don't research any cultural techs or residential techs unless expressly called for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jern2017

I'm in the PE. My offensive stats are 159/124 (going up by one percent tomorrow) and my defensive stats are 51/629.

The highest offensive boost I've seen so far was from a neighbor - 188 attack, but I suspect a 30% attack boost was used from the tavern or the inventory, judging by their GB levels and substantially lower defense boost.

I haven't encountered a higher defense than the one my defending army has, even though I plunder everyone regularly. The highest attack boost from a defending army was about 75%.

mamboking053

Yes. If you fight in the first few provinces, you will have to research Reconnaissance, and then later three techs. DO NOT research victorian houses until researching a residential tech is called for. If you don't fight for the first few sectors, research Modern Manufacturing first.

Regardless, don't research any cultural techs or residential techs unless expressly called for.

Thanks a lot for explaining this. It's going to help a lot.

mamboking053

I'm in the PE. My offensive stats are 159/124 (going up by one percent tomorrow) and my defensive stats are 51/629.

The highest offensive boost I've seen so far was from a neighbor - 188 attack, but I suspect a 30% attack boost was used from the tavern or the inventory, judging by their GB levels and substantially lower defense boost.

I haven't encountered a higher defense than the one my defending army has, even though I plunder everyone regularly. The highest attack boost from a defending army was about 75%.

Massive. But if someone can get through 550% I guess they'll get through 629% also... I'm not even going to bother with it, lol.

DeletedUser36624

#1 in my hood has 171 in defense, achieved largely through a large quantity of ritual flames and some lvl2 watchfires. I need to stop going there to look at this city, because it has 2 full palaces. Sigh.

Highest A/D I've punched through is 48/154, but it hardly counts because it was an underage heavy and 7 rogues. 4 very sweet forge points out of the cider mill though.

DeletedUser31442

You forgot the 2 PME Rocket Artillery. I got them along with the 5 Commandos and PME Champion early in Indy where I needed 3 techs. I believe my defense boost was somewhere in the 300's then, I was rarely attacked in Indy and usually as soon as the attacker saw the PME units they ran.

mamboking053

One more question... Did you fight your way through the Progressive Map?

After the quest "The Horrors of War" it seems the questline branches off into 4 separate paths...

"Gratitude of the People"
"Joffre's Gratitude"
"Schledorf's Gratitude"
"Move, move, move"

I'm not sure what the requirements are to get one or the other since there doesn't seem to be a way to choose that's clear. I'm guessing "Gratitude of the People" is negotiating the whole way through. And either Joffre or Schledorf is taking the sector of the other? Either way, the first three land me into a request requiring me to build progressive crap or research a tech that unlocks a decoration, which I don't have.

The last one is "Move, move, move." I'm guessing the only thing this could be is taking both Joffree and Schledorf's province before the quest?

Is this right? Wanted to make sure before I commit to it.

DeletedUser35976

I fought for most sectors. I intended to so support Lydia and Joffre, so I attacked Keigreich. Bad move. Because I attacked a province before I got the quest, Host the Delegates, I got move, move, move. Meaning to troops until the armored car that can't be missed. Wait until after host the delegates to attack any other province if want two more PE troops.

Jern2017

Massive. But if someone can get through 550% I guess they'll get through 629% also... I'm not even going to bother with it, lol.

A lot depends on the terrain in my experience. I encountered a +500 defense a while ago, Commandos, Battle Tanks and Paratroopers. My side of the map didn't have any trees in which my Commandos could hide, while my opponent's side was full of them. Instant disadvantage.

DeletedUser34436

Trying to raise my offense is one of my hobbies alongside raising my forge point output as high as possible, though I’m still only in Progressive Era.

According to my current boost overview, my offense stats are [248/112].

I still feel I kinda suck as a fighter though.

Oh, I actually did manage to get the advanced units. I attack with Progressive Era units but use the Modern Era bazooka dudes and the Postmodern Era champion on my defense. People seem a little horrified to run into that when attempting to retaliate. No one has stayed to fight them, at any rate.

mamboking053

Trying to raise my offense is one of my hobbies alongside raising my forge point output as high as possible, though I’m still only in Progressive Era.

According to my current boost overview, my offense stats are [248/112].

I still feel I kinda suck as a fighter though.

Oh, I actually did manage to get the advanced units. I attack with Progressive Era units but use the Modern Era bazooka dudes and the Postmodern Era champion on my defense. People seem a little horrified to run into that when attempting to retaliate. No one has stayed to fight them, at any rate.

That's a cool idea. It was a toss between city with the most FP production and city with the highest attack bonus. I think- if they are released yearly and no better event building/GB comes out- the Level 2 Cherry Garden set handles both pretty well, but you would have to get a lot of them. One of the monsters in my world has over 20, but I don't think I want to spend quite that much.

Mustapha00

Over on U, an individual in the Guild to which I used to belong there had a 818% Defense. Word got around, and people didn't even try him any longer.

My Defense there is roughly 420%.

I've run into a few 200%+ Offense players. Couple with "1+7", they're nigh-invincible.

DeletedUser31442

In N world there's a player named Patrick de Poer who I've been told has a 1500 defense!