• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser30312

With these Watchfire Upgrades, we'll now need Ritual Flame Upgrades. Ritual Flame, being currently not upgradable, is strictly worse than having two Watchfires for the same use of space.

Other than these minor complaints, I'm enjoying the event so far. It seems to me that the Colossus is an OK use of space at level 5 or 6, and becomes good at level 7, and is very definitely worth it at level 8.

Ritual Flames will probably stay the same. I've said this about the Fountains of Youth versus Wishing Wells: the GE equivalents of special buildings from events generally tend to be a little worse than the buildings they're based on. So the Terrace Farm has a huge footprint compared to the Bazaar, and the SSW is slightly bigger than the SoK. Now we've got WWs that can be shrunk down to a smaller space, while Watchfires can get a 50% increase to their defense. I think it's more likely we'll see a boost to the Oasis to make it more desirable than the Tribal Square than any improvement to the Ritual Flame.

The Colossus is pretty good, but I agree it looks bad on low levels with all that scaffolding around it. With these upgradable buildings, I've mostly left a few upgrades in my inventory for some of these buildings to level them up when I advance an age. I probably won't do that with the Colossus though.

RazorbackPirate

The Colossus is pretty good, but I agree it looks bad on low levels with all that scaffolding around it. With these upgradable buildings, I've mostly left a few upgrades in my inventory for some of these buildings to level them up when I advance an age. I probably won't do that with the Colossus though.
While I don't want an unfinished Colossus in my city long term, I really like each of the incremental versions. The designer did an incredible job. The level of detail, especially the internal armature, is impressive. Each level is something special to look at.

When I added the Winter Spire to my city, I upgraded it right away to level 4 to get it out of the ruined look, then added a new upgrade each day until it got to level 12. That gave me the chance to enjoy each of the incremental versions along the way. I suspect with the Colossus, I'll take a few weeks to apply all the upgrades. I'll hardly miss the incremental daily rewards along the way. Rome wasn't built in a day, the Colossus shouldn't be.:)

UBERhelp1

Well, I'm just going to try and stay in the silver leagues on both of my worlds. I usually manage to just stay inside silver for every event.

And I'm definitely keeping an upgrade for my colossus... one less thing I need to upgrade as I move up 2 ages. :)

DeletedUser

I'm telling you, there is a lawsuit brewing here....late hits on my QB, defensive holding, crown to crown helmet tackles and zero zebras to govern it all....And where is my green tent for concussion protocol...?
I know, right? I've been throwing my red flag at the screen since the event started and they haven't stopped for a review of any of the plays! :mad:;)

DeletedUser3882

They're all running buttonhooks ;) And for whatever reason the coverage is all underneath. Go routes would be sure-fire TDs every play!
That 6-2 “BEAR” defense worked for Buddy Ryan and the Super Bowl Shuffle way way back, but the game has evolved.. Even a quick slant would leave nothing but green ahead ;)

DeletedUser30312

I'm doing pretty well with prizes so far. On Jaims, I picked up a Garden Pool and then the Statues on my first try the other day. I spent about another 2000 footballs getting a second Statues piece, and picked up another 2 Athlete Living Quarters. I want to grab another two Pools and two Patios and then chain them like this in my city:

garden.png

I still have 4600 footballs, so I should be able to get them unless I get stupidly unlucky.

I have a new Wishing Well farm started up on Tuulech, and I got lucky with 4 WWs to start things off yesterday. Today, I grabbed enough Shrink Kits on Arvahall and Greifental to shrink all the WWs in those two cities. I have 2 WWs still in my inventory in Parkog, and a Shrink for each of them, while all of the WWs I already have placed are shrunk. I should have checked my inventory yesterday and then went for more WWs, but they might pop up again in the event.

DeletedUser32824

I've gotten 20 daily specials so far on my diamond farm world! Scored 18 WWs and 2 shrink kits without using any diamonds. I'm not sure if I'll get a max colossus, but this event is pretty great so far.

DeletedUser27046

Probably, maybe I should wait another day or so, but I'll throw it out there now just in hopes of keeping up with it, first let me say that I started a brand spankin new city night before last (#6) and somehow within a few quests and on the field ended up with three upgrades for the Colossus, where in my other 4 OLD cities am still at two, go figure. Anyway, the main reason for this comment is that in two out of the 4 cities I had gotten the first two Classical garden pieces as they came up on those day's, I got to looking in my inventory and in two cities the statues piece is missing, I have had this type of thing happen in the past over the last few years and when I come in here and mention it, well they eventually show back up, so am hoping that that will be the case this time as well. I noticed it because the third piece just came up tonight and I started getting all excited about having the ability to build the set if I want, but then noticed that one piece is gone in two cities. Parkog and Qunrir. Now I'll go wait some more. :)

DeletedUser37731

Probably, maybe I should wait another day or so, but I'll throw it out there now just in hopes of keeping up with it, first let me say that I started a brand spankin new city night before last (#6) and somehow within a few quests and on the field ended up with three upgrades for the Colossus, where in my other 4 OLD cities am still at two, go figure. Anyway, the main reason for this comment is that in two out of the 4 cities I had gotten the first two Classical garden pieces as they came up on those day's, I got to looking in my inventory and in two cities the statues piece is missing, I have had this type of thing happen in the past over the last few years and when I come in here and mention it, well they eventually show back up, so am hoping that that will be the case this time as well. I noticed it because the third piece just came up tonight and I started getting all excited about having the ability to build the set if I want, but then noticed that one piece is gone in two cities. Parkog and Qunrir. Now I'll go wait some more. :)
Is that why I talk to my dog so much??

DeletedUser33179

If they were in your inventory, then they're still there. Keep in mind, when you initially get/win anything, it's listed as the very 1st thing. Afterward, it's automatically sorted with others of its set & Age. You'll have to scroll down to find each piece in its sorted spot. Sometimes even when paying attention, an item can be missed when looking through everything you have. Or, you could simply enter a word within the item name (such as Garden) in the inventory search box, and all items with that name in it you have stored will be listed.

DeletedUser27046

If they were in your inventory, then they're still there. Keep in mind, when you initially get/win anything, it's listed as the very 1st thing. Afterward, it's automatically sorted with others of its set & Age. You'll have to scroll down to find each piece in its sorted spot. Sometimes even when paying attention, an item can be missed when looking through everything you have. Or, you could simply enter a word within the item name (such as Garden) in the inventory search box, and all items with that name in it you have stored will be listed.
Ha !! didn't even realize that there is a search in the inventory, thanks Clara, BUT they are still not there and now I see that the one that I had gotten the other day in my new city, which would have been the second piece being offered has now gone away also. But again, I will give it another day or two and see if they come back, thanks again, good to know.

Edit: ooop's, forgot that I had set that statue piece out in the new city, you know, trying to make headway, but my original post/problem is still here, have gone page by page and typed in Classical, Classical garden, garden, only shows the one, well, now two as I have won the third piece, but have no second,,,,,shrugg.

Last edited by a moderator: