• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

RazorbackPirate

I give high marks overall for the new Settlements feature! .I like the focus on design skill very much. .The addition of rock impediments was a clever idea.

I finished the first settlement yesterday evening, and I decided to wait until this morning to start the next one, because a morning start fits my real life better. .But I was surprised and disappointed to discover that the countdown clock on the next settlement started ticking as soon as the first settlement was finished. .As a result, I lost 14 hours. .Unless I missed it, there is nothing in the announcement or in the video introduction that explains how the reward timer works, even though this is a crucial part of the settlements. . :(

InnoGames needs to provide written instructions so that players don't have to learn how something works by trail and error.
It's not that the timer started on your new Settlement once you completed your previous Settlement, it's that each subsequent Settlement has a shorter time to complete. This is offset by a 1.5% increase in getting a 4x collection from each Cultural Goods collection. You can find the chart with the time allotted for each settlement on the table at the bottom of the page. I have not found this information anywhere on the official wiki.

https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Vikings

lemur

It's not that the timer started on your new Settlement once you completed your previous Settlement, it's that each subsequent Settlement has a shorter time to complete.

Thank you! .That's important to know.

This is offset by a 1.5% increase in getting a 4x collection from each Cultural Goods collection.

Someone in my guild reported that the increase was 0.5% (up to 4.5%) for the next settlement.

I don't understand why InnoGames itself does not provide these kind of important details. .Do they really think it is fun for the players or wise game management to allow players to fumble around with insufficient instructions? . :(

ODragon

I'm trying something different this round, going pretty much all shrines and 1 axe to open 4 expansions. I did some math and with this set up, I should collect enough coins in under 13 days, then I can quickly do all the discoveries and build as needed. The next expansion will allow for 2 more shrines and knock that down to just over 10 days. We'll see how I feel when I have enough axes to open mead, I might do it just to get huts open, then go back to this scheme with even more shrines.

Cult.jpg

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Thank you! .That's important to know.

Someone in my guild reported that the increase was 0.5% (up to 4.5%) for the next settlement.

I don't understand why InnoGames itself does not provide these kind of important details. .Do they really think it is fun for the players or wise game management to allow players to fumble around with insufficient instructions? :(.
The first Settlement built has a 3% chance of receiving a 4x production each collection. With each subsequent Settlement, the % increases by 1.5%, up to a maximum of 25% on the 15th Settlement and beyond. So, your guildie reported the correct amount, but is confused about the % steps. You can find that information on the chart about the middle of the page.

https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Cultural_settlements

UBERhelp1

Also want to mention that it goes up by 1.5% except for the very last step, where it goes from 24% to 25%. A small difference, but nonetheless important.

FYI, I played it on 3 worlds, working steadily and equally on each almost 24/7. Without spending diamonds I was able to complete it on 2 of the worlds with about 20 hours to spare, but looks like I'll be failing on the 3rd, primarily due to impediment placement with made road and building placements quite difficult. The particular goods requirements on the third one, esp. toward the end, made it near impossible to complete in the time allowed. I can't imagine trying it with less time. Still, the Forge Points earned throughout made it a worthwhile investment.

Jern2017

I find the Cultural Settlements dull. When they were announced, I was hoping we'd get to fight or negotiate, but all it requires us to do is to collect copper coins, build diplomacy buildings, unlock a technology, delete (at least some) diplomacy buildings and build goods buildings. Then just rinse and repeat.

The rewards seem amazing, but I can't imagine myself completing the settlement multiple times to get them.

Zatrikon

I play in two worlds, and have built the Viking Settlement in both, without spending diamonds. In one world, I built 10 or 11 expansions (I don't remember exactly. I've already started the next one.) In the other, I built 9 expansions, and I'm not done yet. I may miss the "deadline" for maximum reward, or I may just barely make it. I had just one instance total of the "3% 4x Bonus". It was in the world that I finished already. It helped.

DeletedUser37795

Let us know what you think about the Cultural Settlements and the Vikings. We're looking forward to your feedback!
Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!
Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

I am working on my second viking settlement. I liked it initially but don't like that the settlement disappears after investing fps, a few diamonds and time. It might help to issue an emissary right at the beginning and allow a settlement to stand. The awards don't seem worthwhile.
I am going to see what happens after second settlement when an emissary comes into play, but as of now, I may focus on the regular game.

I don't know if it's in the official pronouncements or not, but in the 1 world where I was unable to finish in time even after losing much sleep in trying, the game simply rolls over into a 'round 2' clock with everything just as it was when time ran out. I still haven't finished it yet, but I'm hoping the rewards will be the same.

Agent327

I don't know if it's in the official pronouncements or not, but in the 1 world where I was unable to finish in time even after losing much sleep in trying, the game simply rolls over into a 'round 2' clock with everything just as it was when time ran out. I still haven't finished it yet, but I'm hoping the rewards will be the same.

Wha's wrong in actually reading what will happen????

RazorbackPirate

I am working on my second viking settlement. I liked it initially but don't like that the settlement disappears after investing fps, a few diamonds and time. It might help to issue an emissary right at the beginning and allow a settlement to stand. The awards don't seem worthwhile.
I am going to see what happens after second settlement when an emissary comes into play, but as of now, I may focus on the regular game.
You are awarded FPs from many of the Settlement Quests, 25 in the first few alone, but there's nothing to spend FPs on. Not sure what you're talking about, "investing FPs."

Yes, there are opportunities to spend diamonds, but nothing requires diamonds to complete. If you're choosing to spend diamonds along the way, you're doing so to save time. You immediately benefit from the time saving so there's no loss, you got what you paid for.

Settlements don't 'reset'. Completing a Settlement means it 'stands' on it's own. You collect your rewards never to visit again. Then you help a new group of Viking Settlers built a brand new Settlement. Each successful run through provides increasing, ongoing, daily tribute to your city.

Not sure where you're getting you're definition of 'worthwhile', but it's clearly not based on ongoing benefits back to your city. The Yggdrasil Tree is the most powerful 3x3 ever introduced into the game and a level 5 Greater Runestone the most powerful 2x2.

RazorbackPirate

In the worlds you completed, you did so ahead of all three deadlines and earned 6 + 2 + 1 = 9 Greater Runestone fragments. In the world you missed the first deadliine, you've missed out on the 6 fragments awarded with the first deadline. If you complete ahead of the two remaining deadlines, you'll earn 2 + 1 = 3 fragments.

Should you run out on all 3 timers, you can still complete the Settlement and earn the main reward, you'll just miss out on any Greater Runestone fragments for that run through.

DeletedUser30900

Wha's wrong in actually reading what will happen????
oh well, too hard for him appearly since he had to "lost some sleep" and still failed to make it on time for the 1st settlement. For god sake, it's the FIRST one.

Zatrikon

At what level would you say it's worth it to add Yggdrasil to your city? The benefits you get from level 1 don't seem worth the space.

RazorbackPirate

I'll probably put it down at level 3. Even that low it gives, Coins, Supplies, Medals, 4% Attack, 5 Goods and 2 FPs. I have a level 3 PoH that I'll likely replace as the Yggdrasil gives way more.

DeletedUser36624

I currently have mine out, but it's in my "temporary scratch space for quest requirements". If I need the space for something else, I'll just store it.

For permanent placing, that always depends on what else might go there. Level 3 starts to look good to me as a "I'll store/delete something else instead" level.

DeletedUser37795

You are awarded FPs from many of the Settlement Quests, 25 in the first few alone, but there's nothing to spend FPs on. Not sure what you're talking about, "investing FPs."

Yes, there are opportunities to spend diamonds, but nothing requires diamonds to complete. If you're choosing to spend diamonds along the way, you're doing so to save time. You immediately benefit from the time saving so there's no loss, you got what you paid for.

Settlements don't 'reset'. Completing a Settlement means it 'stands' on it's own. You collect your rewards never to visit again. Then you help a new group of Viking Settlers built a brand new Settlement. Each successful run through provides increasing, ongoing, daily tribute to your city.

Not sure where you're getting you're definition of 'worthwhile', but it's clearly not based on ongoing benefits back to your city. The Yggdrasil Tree is the most powerful 3x3 ever introduced into the game and a level 5 Greater Runestone the most powerful 2x2.
What you say makes sense. I made a mistake about the "fps" mention. I did build a runestone and will see how this progresses. Thanks for your insight

DeletedUser11991

ok so i won an emissary in settlements now i have to pay 800 diamond to unlock if i get another one .... what is inno running here this is a bad joke ... as i stated before this game gets worse every year