• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

RazorbackPirate

ok so i won an emissary in settlements now i have to pay 800 diamond to unlock if i get another one .... what is inno running here this is a bad joke ... as i stated before this game gets worse every year
When you get additional Emissaries, additional slots will open on their own. People who post without knowing what they're talking about are the bad joke.

DeletedUser29726

ok so i won an emissary in settlements now i have to pay 800 diamond to unlock if i get another one .... what is inno running here this is a bad joke ... as i stated before this game gets worse every year

Every 2nd emissary comes with a free slot. So...

1 emissary won, 1 free slot, yippee.
2 emissaries won, 1 free slot, choose your favorite, or spend diamonds to have both.
3 emissaries won, 2 free slots, choose 2/3, or spend diamonds to have all 3.

etc

ODragon

Plus, you're complaining about having to choose an emissary who gives FP and one who gives medals. If there is a real worry on which to choose, you are playing the game wrong.

RazorbackPirate

Every 2nd emissary comes with a free slot. So...

1 emissary won, 1 free slot, yippee.
2 emissaries won, 1 free slot, choose your favorite, or spend diamonds to have both.
3 emissaries won, 2 free slots, choose 2/3, or spend diamonds to have all 3.

etc
So, just like ALL other areas of the game, it's patience or diamonds, and choices or diamonds. Even spending diamonds is always a choice as is spending money on diamonds. Patience and free diamonds or instant gratification and diamonds at a cost. Gotta love a company that gives you choices and puts you firmly in control of them.

DeletedUser30312

Also, there's whatever emissaries and extra slots that may come with future additions to the settlements, such as the Egyptians and anything later.

I abandoned my settlements on Jaims and Parkog. I made too many stumbles at the beginning of each, and there's no way I'd finish in time to get even 1 runestone fragment. And then of course having less time to complete things next time after finishing without a fragment. I'm not pleased about that at all. The problem was in trying to play "legit" at the start rather than taking advantage of disconnected houses, building and demolishing roads and runestones when necessary and so on. I'm going to make a new attempt at this and see if I can do better.

ODragon

I think my 3rd one, I'm going to try doing just the 24 hour stuff and see how this works. Its too much grinding at the moment.

DeletedUser30312

On the bright side, after a few runs maybe some of these features won't seems as bad as they do early on.

Zatrikon

It seems to take an inordinately long time to go "Back to City" from the Viking Settlement. More than when you come back from GE or Continent Map or Tech Tree.

DeletedUser32824

In my first settlement I researched the old willow, clan house, and mead hall and without ever building them to completion finished my settlement. It might be cool to be able to utilize these buildings for actual buildings in the settlement, but as it stands, I think the most efficient setup is huts/shrines and a few markets where you can fit them. Everything else takes up too much space to be able to fill in the settlement and its flexible layout due to impediments.

UBERhelp1

In my first settlement I researched the old willow, clan house, and mead hall and without ever building them to completion finished my settlement. It might be cool to be able to utilize these buildings for actual buildings in the settlement, but as it stands, I think the most efficient setup is huts/shrines and a few markets where you can fit them. Everything else takes up too much space to be able to fill in the settlement and its flexible layout due to impediments.
Personally, I had time to fill my city in with willows and let them build for the final quest when I was waiting on a few goods, but otherwise, I'd recommend never building them (obviously except for the quests). And I'd say prioritize markets over shrines as much as possible. They are a lot more efficient.

DeletedUser36033

Hmm, could a comment be read by a programmer? I wonder.
The viking is a sense of forging an empire. The idea alone would be a normal advancement.
This is build - produce x4 - delete - unlock - build - produce x4 - delete - unlock etc, etc...
Unless diamonds are spent. Advancement and completion is impossible.
Could you just ask players to spend 1000 diamonds to enter this section. then they will know that diamonds are required to complete this within the given time frame.
AND IMPEDIMENTS IN THE MAIN CAMP - REALLY.
Even programmers 50 years ago knew enough to test their software before it went out.
Yes I programmed in COBOL back in the '70s. And yes PONG was cool.

DeletedUser30900

The viking is a sense of forging an empire. The idea alone would be a normal advancement.
This is build - produce x4 - delete - unlock - build - produce x4 - delete - unlock etc, etc...
Could you just ask players to spend 1000 diamonds to enter this section. then they will know that diamonds are required to complete this within the given time frame.
Even programmers 50 years ago knew enough to test their software before it went out.
I guess that’s why you use past tense when you talk about programming.

Algona

I agree that Settlements are the grindiest bunch of grind that INNO ever ground.

You're wrong regarding diamonds. Two guilds on two worlds, Guildies are flying through Settlements some already started their third and none spending Diamonds. This thread is packed with players who are finishing Settlements without Diamonds.

If you're interested in learning how to reduce the grinding to the most grindless state, I'd recommend wandering over to the Questions Forum and asking for help and tips. You'll find the Settlement grinders over there are helpful and well grounded.

----------

You know what isn't grindy? Hitting those boosts to Goods production! This was a spectacular idea / addition by INNO. Hitting a couple of those in a day sure accelerates the process, makes it much less grindsome.

This post is dedicated to whetstones everywhere, I feel your pain..

ODragon

You know what isn't grindy? Hitting those boosts to Goods production! This was a spectacular idea / addition by INNO. Hitting a couple of those in a day sure accelerates the process, makes it much less grindsome.

I agree, too bad it isn't part of copper collection. That would make things more fun too!

DeletedUser35550

I just do the first 5 collect the 25 forge points, abandon and start again - the "prizes" aren't worth it

UBERhelp1

I just do the first 5 collect the 25 forge points, abandon and start again - the "prizes" aren't worth it
You can do that, but I'd recommend (at the very least) trying to get through the first 2 settlements. If you finish in first both times, you get a level 1 Greater Runestone. And a level 1 Ygg. and an emissary that gives you 1 FP per day. I would consider that to be worth a month's worth of time.

RazorbackPirate

That's you having a job building shacks and shrines, and me building a Mead Hall franchise. After 15 times through I'll be making the same number of FPs per day as you'll be from the Vikings, but I'll never have to build another Viking settlement ever again. Then I'll be free to start building my Egyptian eatery franchise and you'll still be grinding it out building shacks and shrines. We're both grinding out Settlements, but I can stop when I want and keep earning. You miss a day, you don't get squat.

Volodya

Serious question: If the game isn't fun anymore, why do you keep playing? The time and maybe money you've "invested" in FoE are sunk costs, but why spend more of either on a bad joke?

Volodya

Various players are certainly claiming to have succeeded within the deadline without using diamonds, sometimes providing detailed descriptions of how they did it. Now sure, it's possible they're all lying and their play-by-play accounts are deliberately misleading. People do lie sometimes. But just maybe, it's also possible that their accomplishments are real and success within the deadline is challenging but not impossible. (Granted, it may indeed be impossible for you.)

DeletedUser35550

You can do that, but I'd recommend (at the very least) trying to get through the first 2 settlements. If you finish in first both times, you get a level 1 Greater Runestone. And a level 1 Ygg. and an emissary that gives you 1 FP per day. I would consider that to be worth a month's worth of time.
I was part of the Beta testing - boring and not worth the so called prizes - 75 - 100 fps a week is better