• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2019 Feedback

Agent327

Horribly disappointing to work at the quest line all this time, then with such a short time remaining I get a "quest" saying come back in 19 hours.
That just sucks. How is that a quest? It's just a cheap and nasty trick to pull that on us.

Why? It is the easiest quest there is. Nothing to do, but come back.

cton2.forge

I'm bad at math, but... No diamonds spent and sitting on 2 level 9 collossuses. Collosses? Colossi? Who knows. Anyways, I am in the bronze league in both but there is an upgrade for that league and the amateur league. So unless the 50 or 60% of folks out there go hog wild I'll wind up with 2 fully upgraded statues. I refuse to go down the multiple collossus discussion again. Anyways, no diamonds used fully upgraded statue is well within reason.

RazorbackPirate

I will definitely end up with a level 10 Colossus in both cities for free. I've received 8 upgrades from Quests and Footballs and will get the 9th I need from a League. With no Footballs left, I am currently at the top of Bronze League less than 10 yards away from Silver. I expect to end in Bronze, but Amateur also gives the last upgrade I need, so I'm covered either way.

This was a great event. I got a great main prize, more Daily Specials than I expected, and the balance kept me engaged to the very end. Well done Inno.

Algona

I just had a revelation.

I and most of the rest of you forum regulars have been guilty of piss poor thinkery for years. We've been lambasting long term bad players like this one:

It would have been real nice if they had said in the beginning that they weren't going to offer the Colossus upgrade as a prize and that it wouldn't be possible to get it without using diamonds. What a crap event.

Because this player and their ilk have never learned to ask for help, to check the fan wikia, the official Announcement, the strategy threads in the forum, or asking questions at the beginning of the Event they inevitably fail.

Then at the end of the Event they come to the Official Announcement Feedback thread and post their bitter whiny feedback blaming INNO for making the Event too hard.

Best of all they never read or believe the responses telling them how to get better, so Event after Event, failure and complaint after failure and complaint.

Look at what he and his ilk have accomplished over the years. INNO knows they continuously fail at the Events and then INNO reads here about how hard it is to do the Event so INNO makes changes:

Prizes continue to get better.

Events continue to get easier.

Winning prizes based on relative performance, in this case the Leagues, is guaranteed\ for anyone who tries because so many bad players are lowering the bar.

As a bonus if these bad players do want the Event Prize they are spending Diamonds supporting cheapskat, err, I mean , free players like me.

Instead of castigating them we should all be saying

Thank you, keep doing what you do, and we'll see you at the end of the Spring Event!

DeletedUser36624

I finished at 750 yards, 1 yard inside Silver League, but of course that won't hold up. An extra 50 fp would have been nice. I have 3 footballs left, so I'm pleased I didn't end up wasting a lot.

DeletedUser32211

I play every day so got all the daily footballs possible. I paid attention to the footballs per yard of the players and selected the high ones. I will still be 1-3 passes short of getting all the colossus upgrades on all six of my worlds.

On Beta, Inno gave two upgrades after the event ended (and after I spent a lot of diamonds for get all the upgrades). Are there any plans to do something similar here?

DeletedUser36624

Well, there's your problem. You're supposed to select the low footballs per yard players, not the high one.

You need 720 yards (9 touchdowns) to guarantee yourself a max Colossus. There are 10,600 footballs available, so you have to keep your footballs/yard under 14.72. There are seven players below that mark, and five above it. The five above it are all in Gold or Bronze tier. Since the players offered to you are all in different tiers, there will always be someone in the Lazy or Silver tier, and thus someone under 14.72 footballs per yard. Therefore, it is mathematically impossible not to get a full Colossus by always choosing the lowest footballs/yard player.

DeletedUser32211

Thanks Roxana. I think we just discovered my problem: I'm a moron. smh

DeletedUser36624

The good news is that even if you always choose the highest footballs/yard players (15 footballs/yard), that's 1200 footballs per touchdown, so you need 10,800 footballs, only 200 more than the 10,600 that are given. Although you may not be able to end exactly on the goal line, so might need a bit more.

RazorbackPirate

Ya. I had to buy 200 footballs in my main world. not too bad.
If you bought footballs, hopefully it was to complete the 9th touchdown for the 8th upgrade. The 9th upgrade you need will come at the close of the event from finishing in Bronze or Amateur League.

Should we get one more daily award of 120 Footballs, anyone less than 8 yards away from the 9th goal needed, can still pull it off. 120 Footballs will pay for 2 Lazy players and cover 8 more yards. There's no guarantee, but based on previous events, we've still got 120 Footballs yet to drop.

RazorbackPirate

Is that how you remember it? Because my memory tells me that they don't give out the free footballs (or whatever the relevant event currency is) on the last night.
I'm on the West Coast so rollover happens at 9 PM for me. There have been a number of events that we've not only received one more daily award of currency, we've seen one more DS for the last few hours of the event.

I wouldn't count on it, but if someone is close and plans to buy Footballs, it might be worth staying up to see what happens before spending diamonds.

DeletedUser37871

Heyyyy!! People on the Forge of Empires Forge Bowl 2019 Team!!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! I am not even tempted to buy diamonds/football packages because the prizes are boring!! WoooHooo!! Oh, I am not building that colossus. Nope! Not gonna happen.

I am going to eat some crow.
I was WRONG!! :(
Please forgive my very harsh words FoE developers. I thoroughly enjoyed the Forge Bowl Event!!
I was encouraged to complete the Forge Bowl Event Questline. I did just that.
WOW!!!

The level 10 Colossus is a great addition to my New B city. :)
And yes *cough *cough purchased diamonds but this was not required.

So my apologizes again.
Thanks for an awesome Forge Bowl experience.

DeletedUser38090

Well, it kinda sucks that I just started yesterday, so I have no chance of getting a lvl 10 colossus. Tomorrow's special according to the unofficial wiki is a watchfire, which I don't think benefits my play-style, as I collect on time. Hopefully I can knock through enough quests to get the SoK.

DeletedUser36624

The next event will also have an awesome reward. In fact, it will seem like we get almost no downtime until there's something starting again.

As for more footballs, I don't ever recall getting an extra daily award/daily special at the end. The last few hours are so that everybody can finish up the questline and spend their event currency. That would be after midnight eastern, that would be cruel to give people who are sleeping footballs that they can't use when they get up in the morning.

DreadfulCadillac

The next event will also have an awesome reward. In fact, it will seem like we get almost no downtime until there's something starting again.

As for more footballs, I don't ever recall getting an extra daily award/daily special at the end. The last few hours are so that everybody can finish up the questline and spend their event currency. That would be after midnight eastern, that would be cruel to give people who are sleeping footballs that they can't use when they get up in the morning.
which is true.inno keeps having events because they love MONEY!