• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Himeji Castle Worth?

mamboking053

As far as I can tell there's not that much of a difference between level 73 and level 84. Some might even say not that much of a difference between level 58 and 84. Generally, at these levels you will get around 8 chances to win a prize and will likely average around 2-4 prizes a day.

9 battles a day is hardly revolutionary. This GB will not influence the battle aspect of the game at all since you can satisfy this by attacking the 9 weakest members of your neighborhood roll. As far as fighting is concerned the release of this building assures the last ten players of the neighborhood will be repeatedly smashed into for plunder.

However, 4 chances each day for a prize is still pretty descent. The worse you can do is 40 goods/FP per day. The best...800 FP or 200 Diamonds per day.

This is like a Wishing Well and a Temple of Relics that applies both in and out of GE.

My only criticisms...

This doesn't really do anything but reward fairly typical amounts of fighting and even when provoking non-fighters to fight, it only really provokes them to seek out the easiest battles. It doesn't really inspire my desire for the combat aspect of the game, but just makes me see it as a 9-step chore to get the rewards from it. The impact on combat is so negligible that a pure trader can gain the "Spoils of War" by fielding unattached units and auto-ing his weaker neighbors daily. When I heard about this GB I thought it was going to make the attack-rates in the game go through the roof, but I am a little underwhelmed in this regard.

From level 57 to 84 the amount of battles applicable to the GB is hard-capped at 9. This is a bummer. The difference between the success rates is only around 3%. I am wondering why even make these levels at all. Why not just cap the GB to 60?

Overall...better than the GE ToR since GE is limited in battles, has far more "junk" rewards, the difficulty scales as you progress through it, and level-for-level you have a higher percentage of winning something. This is an excellent building, once leveled high enough, for gaining daily rewards. At Lv 84 you should be almost gauranteed at least 3 rewards for every 9 battles you fight. You probably would not get the same for every 9 encounters in GE.

Last edited:

ODragon

I'm looking forward to it, even pre-buying goods for it (I'm in Industrial). Finding the first 9 BPs will actually be the hard part.

As a daily fighter/plunderer, I'm a bit disappointed in the set up of this building. I think I'd much rather see the % chance halved but remove the attempts completely. I also think it would be better if it worked off a successful plunder rather than just a battle.

Algona

Can ou please label SPOILERS on a topic that has not been officially announced as in game?

Or use the beta forum to discuss such?

mamboking053

I'm looking forward to it, even pre-buying goods for it (I'm in Industrial). Finding the first 9 BPs will actually be the hard part.

As a daily fighter/plunderer, I'm a bit disappointed in the set up of this building. I think I'd much rather see the % chance halved but remove the attempts completely. I also think it would be better if it worked off a successful plunder rather than just a battle.

I thought this was more of an end-game one. It's chance-based like ToR and not too valuable at it's lower levels so I figured I'd get all the other valuable GB's first before getting this one since consistency tends to outpace chance-based rewards long-term?

DeletedUser32906

Anyone know what day it’s coming? Looked around a bit as best I could and didn’t see the day it lands live. And thank you to the one who passes along information. Most appreciated.

ODragon

I thought this was more of an end-game one. It's chance-based like ToR and not too valuable at it's lower levels so I figured I'd get all the other valuable GB's first before getting this one since consistency tends to outpace chance-based rewards long-term?

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I attack and plunder daily anyway. I may as well have the chance to get something extra from doing what I'm already doing. And what it gives seems to be much more valuable than say Voyager.

Jern2017

There are some other GBs that I plan on building and leveling before I'll consider the Himeji Castle, but I can definitely see myself having one in the future since I fight a lot.

UBERhelp1

Think of HC like a ToR for every battle, because that's kind of what it is. Personally, if I had the ability to get prints/goods, I'd build it.

I also like the look of it :)

mamboking053

Anyone know what day it’s coming? Looked around a bit as best I could and didn’t see the day it lands live. And thank you to the one who passes along information. Most appreciated.

Haven't found anything about it, but it would be awesome if it coincided with a new Spring Cherry Garden Event.

RazorbackPirate

No longer a Spoiler, announcement here. Official release Wed. Feb 6th.

Himeji Castle, 6x6, will be the first GB producing Spoils of War - random rewards of: Diamonds, FPs, Goods, Rogues, Rogue Hideouts, and Rogue Hideout Shrink Kits. It's passive bonus is Supplies. It will be like having a Blue Galaxy, Seed Vault, and Alcatraz, all in one GB.

Each 24 hour cycle, Himeji produces X number of Supplies plus a % chance of Spoils of War for X number of successful battles. Each random reward is a % chance of each of the above rewards in varying amounts. The actual breakdown can be found in the original announcement here.

Leveling HC increases the daily Supplies, the % chance of Spoils, plus the number of successful battles that will give a chance at receiving Spoils.

Based on the available numbers, here's a little math on Himeji Castle .... actual mileage may vary.

At level 10, HC will yield on average: 23 FPs, 9 Goods, 0.6 Diamonds, and 1.5 Rogues per day based on the receipt of a Rogue Selection Kit every 80 days.

A Rogue Selection Kit allows you to select either 20 Rogues OR 1 Rogue Hideout OR 1 Rogue Hideout Shrink Kit.

At level 74, HC will yield on average: 80 FPs, 30 Goods, 2 Diamonds, and 5 Rogues per day, based on a Selection Kit every 23 days.

Optimal ROI of HC seems to be around level 58 with 9 successful battles yielding on average: 76 FPs, 28 Goods, 2.1 Diamonds and 5 Rogues per day based on a Selection Kit every 24 days. Based on 1.9% contributions, owner cost for a level 58 Himeji Castle will be 26,465 FPs ... better start saving.

Once I get my Arc to 80, I have a mind to build Himeji before I build Traz. I'm having visions of one day getting Himjei Spoils of War, Atlantis Double Plunder, and 30 Goods from Voyager all from a single successful attack.

All fights are eligible, GE, GvG, PvP. If you don't fight, or you don't win, no Spoils. Farmers aren't going to like HC, but it seems like lots of fun for fighters.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

I agree with Razor that this seems like a great alternative to the Traz for non-GVG fighters where you don't blow through a lot of rogues per day.

Smaller too!

ODragon

Goods purchased, one TF and some blacksmiths will go away to make room for it. Already for Wed's patch although, not sure how long until i find someone who has one that I can get on.

RazorbackPirate

Goods purchased, one TF and some blacksmiths will go away to make room for it. Already for Wed's patch although, not sure how long until i find someone who has one that I can get on.
I have several in my guild on R planning to drop one on Wed. and take it to lvl 58 in 24 - 48 hours. Aidapalooza until the first person gets the first BP, then diamonds for the rest. Once the first one is down, the process of leveling and getting more planted begins. I won't be participating in the feeding frenzy, but it will be fun to watch how many can get planted and raised in those first few days.

Emberguard

I apologize, I honestly didn't think I was spoiling anything. This information is available on Forge of Empires Wiki.

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Himeji_Castle
Wrong wiki. That's the fan one which would have either got the info from Beta or the Internation (en) forum that received the announcement a day prior to the US

If you're getting wiki information then the official wiki is a better option. It will only update once the feature is integrated into the game itself. You'll get the announcement on the respective forums prior to that, but it'd mean you're not getting ahead of what's announced

Personally I'm looking forward to when I can get one

mamboking053

Wrong wiki. That's the fan one which would have either got the info from Beta or the Internation (en) forum that received the announcement a day prior to the US

If you're getting wiki information then the official wiki is a better option. It will only update once the feature is integrated into the game itself. You'll get the announcement on the respective forums prior to that, but it'd mean you're not getting ahead of what's announced

Personally I'm looking forward to when I can get one

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Oh man...the official wiki is way uglier :(

DeletedUser31540

Almost 80 fps a day on everage at lv 58 (if i did my math right)

This is a must build and immediately hyper level GB !!!

DeletedUser32824

Almost 80 fps a day on everage at lv 58 (if i did my math right)

This is a must build and immediately hyper level GB !!!
I'd like to see the math on that. 9 procs at 45% would get you maybe 4 or 5 daily an 10fp is 25% chance. So 10fp daily?

edit: anyone know what time this update comes out?