• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Shill Count / Percentage

DeletedUser8588

Definition of a Shill:
Shill definition: a.) One who acts as a decoy (as for a pitchman or gambler). b.) One who makes a sales pitch or serves as a promoter. - Merriam-Webster Dictionary​

Anybody ever wonder the amount or percentage of shills (people really just working for InnoGames who play this game to promote, bragging about "spending" a lot of diamonds, etc.)? I'm guessing the number of shills is pretty high.

DeletedUser32824

Most diamond players I know never ever mention it. I'm over here like "I got a lvl 10 Colossus without spending diamonds!" meanwhile my guild leader has like 6 lvl 10s in his city and doesn't say a thing.

DreadfulCadillac

Most diamond players I know never ever mention it. I'm over here like "I got a lvl 10 Colossus without spending diamonds!" meanwhile my guild leader has like 6 lvl 10s in his city and doesn't say a thing.
acctually good point now that i think bout it its like the same for me.i always announce when i get the fully upgraded free and the people who have like a fewq or more dont say a thing..:)

DeletedUser31442

In Noarsil I've seen a handful do so and only one regularly, so yeah, agree with the other posters.

RazorbackPirate

Given the amount of revenue Inno seems to bring in and the continued investments they make to add new features and ages, I would say that the number of diamond shills is low.

I would also argue, In the context of a freemium game it's the free players that are the shills. Promoting the 'free' game for free while providing the bulk of each server which keeps game play interesting for diamond players. On top of that, a certain number of these new players will eventually get converted to diamond players.

DeletedUser29726

The only one I ever suspected of it was the dude who raced off to Oceanic Future in the first couple weeks of Yorkton while building a completely ineffective city with random premium buildings from every age. I assume that might've been an inno employee rather than a fool and his money with the idea of getting people to diamond drop GBs before the goods are actually available at all.

qaccy

The only one I ever suspected of it was the dude who raced off to Oceanic Future in the first couple weeks of Yorkton while building a completely ineffective city with random premium buildings from every age. I assume that might've been an inno employee rather than a fool and his money with the idea of getting people to diamond drop GBs before the goods are actually available at all.

I remember that guy. The $ cost for that would've been into the five-figure range just for the FP alone. Nevermind the goods that would've had to come along with it.

EDIT: To address the question at the top of the thread though, I have one of my own. How many folks conflate simply being positive towards or liking a product with shilling that product?

Last edited:

Algona

It's a living... What's that Panacea? Oh. Yeah, i'll edit it.

Dunno about anyone else, but between two CE cities and 50 ww/FoY I;ve got every Diamond Expansion and coming up on 10K Diamonds banked.

Why would INNO pay anyone to come to the forums to shill when they already give away enough stuff so that the most frequent current complain is they should be giving more Expansions.

Is that good enough Panacea? Should I post that?

Emberguard

Gee - if I could get PAID in cash to brag about using diamonds. Man, that'd be a dream. Where's my monthly check? Others ask me how I get what's in my city without me having to bring it up. Some cities I don't spend money on, others I do. I've never seen any evidence of shrills. Why would they even need to do what you suggest when every server has competitions to win free stuff on a regular basis? Anyone associated with Inno - either as a volunteer in which case they're exempt from winning competitions anyway or as paid staff - has a flashy bright symbol under their username stating as such.

As Razor has said the free players are much closer to a shrill. They're not asked to or paid anything to do so outside of sending Friend invitations to the game, but the game does allow plenty of opportunity to complete the game without spending money and do so either with or without placing GBs ahead of your age.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15539

I do not understand the level of vitriol I sometimes see in the Forum directed towards players who buy diamonds. Would you be happier if no one bought diamonds, and then there wouldn't be a game? Or would you prefer there were no diamonds, and everyone had to pay a few bucks a month subscription to play?

I admit it. When I was a new player I did buy diamonds a few times. That was before we had so many events, and it was difficult to get Hideouts and other buildings. That doesn't make me a "shill". I assure you, the meager flow of money between Inno and myself has been a strictly one way street.

DeletedUser29563

i remember that guy!!!