• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser4770

carnival18_separator.png

Your feedback is always very important to us, so don't forget to comment here in this thread! Please also don't forget to follow us on Instagram for a chance to win extra Florins during the event!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser30312

Definitely have a bad feeling about this one. Carnival is my least favorite of the yearly events, and trying to collect set pieces during one doesn't promise to be fun. We'll see, but at first glance, the mechanics don't look much different from last year and the year before. There is the whole league mechanic which is new, but that's about it.

DeletedUser38090

Man, I was just starting another town just to try something out, but I'm going to be pressured in aging up to Iron much faster than what's comfortable so I could do the quests. Based on what I've seen on Beta, and from the stuff from last year, this event is extremely luck-oriented, and one might not walk away with the full set even though he/she has tried to optimize every part of the event in their favor.

Super Catanian

Man, I was just starting another town just to try something out, but I'm going to be pressured in aging up to Iron much faster than what's comfortable so I could do the quests. Based on what I've seen on Beta, and from the stuff from last year, this event is extremely luck-oriented, and one might not walk away with the full set even though he/she has tried to optimize every part of the event in their favor.
Where is this new town, if you don't mind me asking?

DeletedUser30312

I might like this. The new buildings look awesome, and from the looks of it, no diamond spending!

Yeah, but if it's anything like the last two Carnivals, you're dependent on what the neighborhood does. So you have to rely on neighbors making a lot stupid bets, and then having enough tickets to swoop in on a game where there's a decent chance to profit, and winning that jackpot before running out of tickets or having a neighbor win it on you. A lot of times, neighbors won't make bets and there's no good jackpots, or worse, you're playing at times much different than your neighbors, and there's little activity when you're on. It doesn't help that there's two event currencies here -- you win tickets from quests and get 1 every hour, but you have to play tickets to win florins, and you need the florins to win the prizes. It's very luck dependent. Last year, I came up one short on the bridge upgrades, and it was the only upgradable building so far where I did not win all the upgrades. OTOH, I think I stopped doing quests at some point to avoid unwanted advancement, but as things stand for me right now, I've got plenty of map and research to exploit this time. I'll need to take a look at the questline to see what I need to do.

Here's the thread from last year, which may be useful WRT to play strategy this time around:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/carnival-2018-feedback.21843/

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

Yeah, but if it's anything like the last two Carnivals, you're dependent on what the neighborhood does.
Yes. Makes it hard :confused: And with the sets, various odds of getting the special, etc it won't be easy to get a full set.

And to be honest, I liked the "Jinxed" achievement.

UBERhelp1

This event is literally only going to get me some WW for my diamond farm and MAYBE a level 1 set. But I don't have my hopes up at all.

DreadfulCadillac

yes.