• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser36624

The basic set is better than a Terrace Farm in Forge Points plus other goodies. I replaced one of my Terrace Farms with a set and had a bit of space left over to add a Shrine of Knowledge. I grabbed an upgrade to the Piazza Home today and I'm even further to the good.
Well, I don't have any Terrace Farms either. The size plus the required population is just horrid. The Piazza set is 5x5 so it will fit in nicely next to my CdM, and it gives population to boot so I will be able to kill a house or two.

- KQ -

Well, I don't have any Terrace Farms either. The size plus the required population is just horrid. The Piazza set is 5x5 so it will fit in nicely next to my CdM, and it gives population to boot so I will be able to kill a house or two.

I've got an Innovation Tower, so population isn't an issue for me. Getting enough Aid to cover all of my buildings that need Aid is an issue. Terrace Farms fill the bill of decent output without needing Aiding.

Getting rid of housing is a big win for you. The sets fill different needs for different players.

I wasn't keeping an eye on my happiness buffer and the Colossus added enough population that I had to level up my Alcatraz to get back my Happiness Boost. It's always something ;)

DeletedUser

You may miss one or two here and there, but they come around more often and that more than makes up for it in my opinion....Your mileage may vary ;)
If you're looking for something decent other than set pieces, missing one is a huge deal. (And I spend most of my time here as opposed to in-game, right?)

- KQ -

If you're looking for something decent other than set pieces, missing one is a huge deal. (And I spend most of my time here as opposed to in-game, right?)

INNO can't please most of the people most of the time if these forums are any indication. Set pieces and upgrades are what I'm after. Seems like there are multiple opportunities and events to get most other things fairly frequently, certainly more frequently than a few years ago.

I appreciate your obviously time consuming role as a moderator (pause for blatant brown nosing) and active and positive forum participation, but I mostly spend time on the forums when I'm waiting for an ingame activity or when I'm searching for a kernel of knowledge that will help me with the game.

Last edited:

cton2.forge

Like every other event, the main item of value is the main prize, no different than the events you mention. Like those other events, the stuff in the chests / players / recipes / etc. is fluff. Just because you choose not to go after the main prize doesn't mean Inno owes you anything else of value if you choose not to go after what they have offered.

I also question all the distress over the Piazza Set. I'm not sure how needing to get a total of 8 set pieces and upgrades from chests is that different than needing 8 Colossus upgrades, but whatever.

Piazza set is fine. I would love one. I, in all likelihood, will not get one. Spent over 40k florins and over 2/3 complete on the quest line. I don't have disposable income to spend on the game so no diamonds for me. All the other events I've been through it's no certainty but with diligence you can achieve a level 8 Colossus. Or a complete winter spire, etc. However, the rng gods decided to spite me on this event, I just got my 3rd piece of the Piazza set today (no upgrades yet) and the chances (given experiences so far) say the odds of a complete set (much less a level 2 upgraded set) are pretty much nil for me at this point.

I really don't care one way or the other but your cavalier attitude that everyone should get it without any trouble is nuts. Whackadoodle. Loco. Insert other words for crazy here. Not gonna whine about it as I'm not a paying customer, but this is event is about as different from any other event I've seen (been here since spring event of last year), and the mechanics are incredibly different in a manner which make completing the set very very difficult.

AceGoober

Seems there is a bit of misinformation on the WiKi. I do not know if Innogames maintains the WiKi or if it is someone else but their is an issue with Quest #46.

On the WiKi it states:

- Casanova: "Motivate or polish 40 buildings of other players" and "Finish an 8-hour production 12 times."

Yet, for me at least, when the quest appeared in game it showed:

- "Finish an 8 hour production 17 times."

That equates to a 41.6% increase over what the WiKi states and there isn't any notation that I could find saying the quantity is age based.

This isn't a critical issue since we still have plenty of time left in the event yet it does throw-off production schedule.

However, Quest #47 states:

- Casanova: "Donate some goods to the Guild treasury OR Finish a 24-hour production 8 times" and "Spend some Forge Points"

Will Quest # 47 quantity remain the same or, given the delta from Quest #46, will I need to produce 11 or 12 24 hour productions?

RazorbackPirate

You are referring to the Fan wiki, which is created by folks who capture the information when the event runs on Beta. There are times, like with this quest, that the number of items, goods, productions, coins and supplies, paid or collected that's different by age. Unless they're able to get information from other Beta players in other ages, they are likely unaware that this quest is adjusted by age.

So the Wiki should state:

- Casanova: "Motivate or polish 40 buildings of other players" and "Finish an 8-hour production x times."

Unless someone captured the information from Beta and shared it in the comments, no one knows for sure about quest 48 until we get there.

OldTyme72

Quick question. I just put the set down & upgraded everything to level 2.
The middle piece shows 4 connected, but the surrounding only show 3. I placed it like the event picture shows. Am I doing it wrong?

RazorbackPirate

Quick question. I just put the set down & upgraded everything to level 2.
The middle piece shows 4 connected, but the surrounding only show 3. I placed it like the event picture shows. Am I doing it wrong?
No. You have done it correctly. Count the number of other pieces each one touches. You'll see the center piece touches 4 other pieces, the other 4 touch only 3.

Agent327

It all depends on where you are in the game. I had so many SoK's that I could not get all motivated anymore. So I replaced some with TF's. Then the Blue Galaxy came, so I put in more TF's, cause they now give 10 fp. It's all about the choices you are able to make.

OldTyme72

OK. Thanks for verifying . I did go look @ the Wiki & seen it was right.

I had no problem with the event getting a complete set + complete set upgrade. One world I didn't even have to make it past the scout quest.

DeletedUser36020

Piazza set is fine. I would love one. I, in all likelihood, will not get one. Spent over 40k florins and over 2/3 complete on the quest line. I don't have disposable income to spend on the game so no diamonds for me. All the other events I've been through it's no certainty but with diligence you can achieve a level 8 Colossus. Or a complete winter spire, etc. However, the rng gods decided to spite me on this event, I just got my 3rd piece of the Piazza set today (no upgrades yet) and the chances (given experiences so far) say the odds of a complete set (much less a level 2 upgraded set) are pretty much nil for me at this point.

I really don't care one way or the other but your cavalier attitude that everyone should get it without any trouble is nuts. Whackadoodle. Loco. Insert other words for crazy here. Not gonna whine about it as I'm not a paying customer, but this is event is about as different from any other event I've seen (been here since spring event of last year), and the mechanics are incredibly different in a manner which make completing the set very very difficult.
How did u get 40k florins without spending diamonds? Gold league in my world requires 35k minimum.

AceGoober

Won the Piazza:

- Homes
- Mask Vendor
- Cafe

Missing:

- Fountain
- Clock Tower

Hoping I win them since they are worth having and it would be the first complete building set I have ever had during the time I've been playing the game.

DeletedUser32063

There are only 1 or 2 events/year worth getting excited about...this is NOT one of them.

DeletedUser30312

I also question all the distress over the Piazza Set. I'm not sure how needing to get a total of 8 set pieces and upgrades from chests is that different than needing 8 Colossus upgrades, but whatever.

There's more potential for RNG screwage here than there was with Forge Bowl. The Colossus upgrades just required steady progress and knowing which players to pick for maximum performance, but Carnival is different. The chests cost more than the players did. Getting Florins is more difficult than earning footballs, even if you try going for a big pot and failing. You have to get at least 7 pieces as the special prizes, but that involves a random chance which has the potential to fail too many times. I managed to get a complete set, and I have 4 upgrades just to keep things safe, but there were a few times when it came close.

It all depends on where you are in the game. I had so many SoK's that I could not get all motivated anymore. So I replaced some with TF's. Then the Blue Galaxy came, so I put in more TF's, cause they now give 10 fp. It's all about the choices you are able to make.

I think the old SoK farm is an outdated meta at this point. There's so many good event buildings that have been released in the last two years that when combined with the BG blow the SoK farm out of the water.

Emberguard

While you may be right that an SoK farm is on the outdated side of things I think the SoK is still relevant. Newer players need every FP source possible and older players need to first get enough stuff to actually replace the SoKs they've got. BG may make TF more attractive, but you've first got to have a BG which would be interesting to know how many get one end game and lvl it to 10+

Won the Piazza:

- Homes
- Mask Vendor
- Cafe

Missing:

- Fountain
- Clock Tower

Hoping I win them since they are worth having and it would be the first complete building set I have ever had during the time I've been playing the game.
At least the end quest gives a selection kit ;)