• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

Volodya

All this back and forth makes me wonder if someday settlements won't be 'fixed' so that one needs to have both 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods buildings at the same time. Would kinda suck for us, but would probably make more sense in terms of leaving behind a more 'complete' settlement than is currently done. Probably won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
I thought that's what was called for the first time through. I did manage to do it, but it was genuinely tricky.

Algona

"Have 6 Buildings..."

"Build 6 Buildings..."

I'll double check in a couple days when I wrap up Settlement v5, but am pretty sure it;s 'Have", Of course I'm just a colonial, not playin' on the Queen's Server.

I thought that's what was called for the first time through. I did manage to do it, but it was genuinely tricky.

Me too! Took a few Old Willows to pull ir off. :D

Twice.. :(

DeletedUser13838

All this back and forth makes me wonder if someday settlements won't be 'fixed' so that one needs to have both 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods buildings at the same time. Would kinda suck for us, but would probably make more sense in terms of leaving behind a more 'complete' settlement than is currently done. Probably won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
That's probably what it should be. In fact the settlements should actually require that a full settlement is in place (1 of each building type connected by roads) but until that's the case I'll take the easy route.

DeletedUser38138

It looks like the Egyptian Settlement Version is coming soon. Does that mean they are getting rid of the Vikings or will it be in addition to the Vikings?

RazorbackPirate

It looks like the Egyptian Settlement Version is coming soon. Does that mean they are getting rid of the Vikings or will it be in addition to the Vikings?
There is no information about a release date for the Egyptians, so coming soon is relative. Regardless, when they arrive the Egyptians, like any other culture to follow, they will be in addition to the Vikings. However, regardless of the number of cultures we eventually get, you will only be able to have one settlement at a time.

cton2.forge

By choice, I always leave a completed settlement. No buildings under construction, no wall of Totems. I've just completed my 4th one on two worlds with just under 3 days to spare until the first gate. I also won't disconnect residential to cheat space, etc. I am not in such a hurry that I need to save 12 hours and not build a real settlement. My self imposed rules to fit my play style. Besides, all those other folks miss the creepy s*** the Old Willow says when you click it.

I like leaving my Settlements looking like @tuckerkao's. Fully built, all goods and production buildings running, and plenty of copper coins in the bank. But then, I also know the secret of Alabaster.:rolleyes:

Nope. No no no no no. You got it all wrong - build all runestones. Like a veritable forest of them. Delete them. so nothing is left but the Embassy. Then build six goods buildings. Mission complete. Settlement DUN. Then delete goods buildings and watch as the poor vikings wail in the street at their bereft little village, no better than when I found it...

OH SNAP. I took their streets too. Ah well, they'll either figure it out or they won't.

RazorbackPirate

Nope. No no no no no. You got it all wrong - build all runestones. Like a veritable forest of them. Delete them. so nothing is left but the Embassy. Then build six goods buildings. Mission complete. Settlement DUN. Then delete goods buildings and watch as the poor vikings wail in the street at their bereft little village, no better than when I found it...

OH SNAP. I took their streets too. Ah well, they'll either figure it out or they won't.
Honestly, I don't see the point. You can't make goods produce any quicker and based on the completion times posted, any time saved is negligible. Whatever floats their boat, it's not what floats mine.

I play a city building games to build a city and part of that is now building settlements. I'm not interested in a play style that's merely designed to check off the boxes as quickly as possible. Too Candy Crush for me.

DeletedUser36496

I agree with RazorbackPirate here. I will always finish my Settlements & have things running before I finish the Questline.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25412

I had started on my 2nd one & decided that the prizes you got just wasn't worth the hassle of doing them. So I deleted all my buildings except the Main Hall and haven't been back.

DeletedUser37581

If you're so positive, post it actually happening here. You're the one making the claim, the burden of proof is on you.

Take a screen grab of the last quest ready to collect with both 1200 Diplomacy completed and 6 Cultural Buildings completed with no Diplomacy or Cultural Goods buildings left in the city. One screen grab, no Cultural Goods buildings left in the city, with the quest fly-out open, both lines in green, the button activated and ready to collect. Nothing under construction either. Everybody knows you don't have to wait for the build to complete, you just need 6 built or under construction.
Okay, the settlement is complete. There were several snaps taken during the process of building and deleting the goods buildings. Even one at the end with the quest complete and insufficient diplomacy and no goods buildings.

vlcsnap-2019-03-05-22h14m21s274.jpg
So the ball is back in your court. Post an image that proves it doesn't work this way on the US server. (Or not, I don't really care.)

UBERhelp1

Okay, the settlement is complete. There were several snaps taken during the process of building and deleting the goods buildings. Even one at the end with the quest complete and insufficient diplomacy and no goods buildings.

View attachment 12019
So the ball is back in your court. Post an image that proves it doesn't work this way on the US server. (Or not, I don't really care.)
Out of curiosity, did you have 1200 diplomacy first?

DeletedUser30900

just wanna laugh about this:) delete this as off topic all you want.

DeletedUser36624

View attachment 12019
Where are the rest of the screenshots?

DeletedUser33179

View attachment 12019

Some questions about that picture of yours...

1- If you're on the very last quest (1200 diplomacy & 6 buildings) as the top portion of the quest box indicates, why does the green quest bar on the bottom half of the quest box indicate you're only on quest 16?

2- In the background, the pic shows the floating coin/supply/population cost just above the goods building you just put down - it only shows for about 1-2 seconds for everyone. Yet, the quest box is open. How is that possible? You can't do any task within a settlement while keeping the quest box open - as soon as you click anywhere outside the quest box, it closes. And there's simply no time to build a building, go into quest box & then take a pic in the 1-2 seconds that the floating building cost is present.

qaccy

Some questions about that picture of yours...

1- If you're on the very last quest (1200 diplomacy & 6 buildings) as the top portion of the quest box indicates, why does the green quest bar on the bottom half of the quest box indicate you're only on quest 16?

2- In the background, the pic shows the floating coin/supply/population cost just above the goods building you just put down - it only shows for about 1-2 seconds for everyone. Yet, the quest box is open. How is that possible? You can't do any task within a settlement while keeping the quest box open - as soon as you click anywhere outside the quest box, it closes. And there's simply no time to build a building, go into quest box & then take a pic in the 1-2 seconds that the floating building cost is present.

To be fair, when you first open the quest window, the bar 'fills up' to the point where it should be rather than already being there. Add in the additional details that the NPC image is slightly faded (it also quickly fades in as the window opens) and that the window isn't even fully open yet, and it's not too unreasonable to suggest that they really did take a very quick screenshot immediately after opening the quest window.