• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

RazorbackPirate

Piazza homes upgrade offered without the initial set building. I have several of these upgrades without being able to use them! Why am I being offered the upgrades before the set building?
Why did you continue opening chests after you had one upgrade? Why have you not waited until the base piece was offered again? Every piece and every upgrade has appeared multiple times during multiple time frames, changing every 6 hours. If you keep missing them, I don't know what to tell you.

Sounds like you've done multiple things wrong this event, none of which is Inno's fault.

Mbrusl

Why did you continue opening chests after you had one upgrade? Why have you not waited until the base piece was offered again? Every piece and every upgrade has appeared multiple times during multiple time frames, changing every 6 hours. If you keep missing them, I don't know what to tell you.

Sounds like you've done multiple things wrong this event, none of which is Inno's fault.

Okay thank you for that insight!

DeletedUser35550

This is my 3rd Carnival - they have gotten worse every year - this one takes the cake - they are tight with the prizes - gotten 30 5 minute supply rushed a couple of buildings and a handful of prints I don't need - in 2 worlds - I'm at the point I spend florins to try and stay in the bronze league to get the 1 up kit - hich speaks to how pathetic this and other events have become - what happened, Inno - you used to be good

DeletedUser30900

This is my 3rd Carnival - they have gotten worse every year - this one takes the cake - they are tight with the prizes - gotten 30 5 minute supply rushed a couple of buildings and a handful of prints I don't need - in 2 worlds - I'm at the point I spend florins to try and stay in the bronze league to get the 1 up kit - hich speaks to how pathetic this and other events have become - what happened, Inno - you used to be good
If you have to fight to stay in bronze league that means you didn’t play very actively. I don’t know why would you expect to get anything good laying back.

DeletedUser24719

The problem with this event in particular is the useless rewards but like all the rest of these events its just too damn long! I get quest fatigue from these endless money grabs!!

DeletedUser25427

First thing to say about this event is that it is at least 10 days too long. Second thing is that the element of luck is a big feature of winning the required prizes and so the effort in completing quests is not rewarded. But this is 2nd point is partially compensated by the 2.5k and 3k florins won at certain milestones and I have been able to get the main prize with these rewards.

I just need two more upgrades to complete the set but I am not sure if I will keep it in my city. The small scale of the buildings make it look out of place and I would have preferred buildings similar in format to the athletics buildings. There are the existing renaissance villa and mansions so the new buildings could have been standalone ones to match.

There are 2 main drawbacks to the set: one is that it can only be laid out in one way and so you cannot use one building in more than one set (unlike the indian palace set). And secondly the buildings can be plundered. So even if you win the complete set you may not enjoy the benefits if plunderers are active in your hood.

The final comment on this event is that for young cities without the benefit of GBs the amount of goods or supplies that need to be gathered is a bit high. Also without attack GBs it is difficult to defeat medium or large armies that sometimes come up in the quests.

DreadfulCadillac

First thing to say about this event is that it is at least 10 days too long. Second thing is that the element of luck is a big feature of winning the required prizes and so the effort in completing quests is not rewarded. But this is 2nd point is partially compensated by the 2.5k and 3k florins won at certain milestones and I have been able to get the main prize with these rewards.

I just need two more upgrades to complete the set but I am not sure if I will keep it in my city. The small scale of the buildings make it look out of place and I would have preferred buildings similar in format to the athletics buildings. There are the existing renaissance villa and mansions so the new buildings could have been standalone ones to match.

There are 2 main drawbacks to the set: one is that it can only be laid out in one way and so you cannot use one building in more than one set (unlike the indian palace set). And secondly the buildings can be plundered. So even if you win the complete set you may not enjoy the benefits if plunderers are active in your hood.

The final comment on this event is that for young cities without the benefit of GBs the amount of goods or supplies that need to be gathered is a bit high. Also without attack GBs it is difficult to defeat medium or large armies that sometimes come up in the quests.
thats there fualt for not camping and building up army.im in hma, and i have a 85% attack , and more with a tavern boost..

DeletedUser36496

thats there fualt for not camping and building up army.im in hma, and i have a 85% attack , and more with a tavern boost..

They could be a new player to that particular world or the game entirely. So, if they had just started that city a few weeks to a month before the event then it would be more challenging for them to fight or donate large amounts of Goods. Therefore, they would not have had enough time to camp & not enjoy the same benefits of a more established city.

DeletedUser38138

I started 3 new cities in this event. I have my main city which hopefully I will get the full leveled set if I don't get kicked out of the Bronze League.

I leveled up two of my new cities to IA but could not level up the third city from BA to IA because of time issues.

Overall I think I did very well in all three of my new cities almost having complete Piazza Sets except missing an upgrade or one building in all three new cities. I also got two Gondola Dock Markets in two of my cities during the event.

I am new player, and I started three new cities during this event and completed all the quests for the Carnival up til today, March 10. It was a marathon for sure.

I didn't want to but I spent 1500 of the 1700 diamonds I had left over from the Forge Bowl in order to complete the quests in all three cities.

My question is about upgrading event buildings. Since my Piazza Set will be in Bronze Age will the set still function when I level up to Iron Age and if I need to upgrade the set do I need 10 renovation kits for each of the set buildings?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36624

The set will still function just fine. The mask vendor automatically ages up, you will need four oneup/reno kits for the other pieces, but if you look at what they provide, you may decide not to age them up. It doesn't matter what age a piece is, it still provides a boost to its neighbors no matter what.

DeletedUser6480

This is the worst Event I have ever seen for this game (get away from these sets & upgrades make something that all players would like to have even those of us who has been playing for years).I can't wait until it's done.

DeletedUser33179

My question is about upgrading event buildings. Since my Piazza Set will be in Bronze Age will the set still function when I level up to Iron Age and if I need to upgrade the set do I need 10 renovation kits for each of the set buildings?

Generally speaking, the various boosts (attack, defense, production, etc) provided by some event buildings increase at certain Ages (but not necessarily with every Age), while others don't. Amount of coins, supplies, medals, population, happiness typically increases each Age - but amount of fp's rarely increases. Goods output number is often unchanged, but you get the goods corresponding to the Age of the building (not the Age you're in).

So, some buildings you may want to use 1Up kit (increases by 1 Age) or reno kit (increases to your current Age no matter what Age it was before) when you advance an Age. Others you may leave as is. Each building functions fine irregardless of what Ages they are, even if part of a set

You can check any building's (or most anything else) stats for every Age via the fan wiki...
https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Forge_of_Empires_Wiki

DeletedUser30900

This is the worst Event I have ever seen for this game (get away from these sets & upgrades make something that all players would like to have even those of us who has been playing for years).I can't wait until it's done.
Thank you for repeating yourself with absolute nothing

Agent327

There are 2 main drawbacks to the set: one is that it can only be laid out in one way and so you cannot use one building in more than one set (unlike the indian palace set). And secondly the buildings can be plundered. So even if you win the complete set you may not enjoy the benefits if plunderers are active in your hood..

Set can be laid out in more than one way and the Indian Palace set can be plundered as well.