• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.148

DeletedUser30900

It is not possible to simultaneously complete 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods buildings with 12 total 4x4 plots while using only 50 clan totems.

12 4x4 squares= 192 squares excluding impediments.

For 6 goods buildings, that is at minimum 54 squares, 72 squares, or 90 squares, depending on goods buildings used.
Embasy is 12 squares.
For 6 3x3 goods buildings, that requires 270 population, which is 5 huts. Mead Brewery requires 216 population, 4 huts. For Wool Farms, 3 huts.
Need 50 clan totems requiring 100 squares for 1200 diplomacy.

So for 6 3x3 goods buildings + 1200 diplomacy :
54 squares from goods
12 Embassy squares
45 Huts squares
100 Clan totems squares

Total= 211
Total squares for 12 4x4 pots is 192. Without willows, this requires 14 total 4x4 plots (10 additional expansions)

Total for 6 Mead Breweries = 220 squares. Requires 14 total plots (10 expansions).

Total for 6 Wool Farms = 229. Requires 15 total plots (11 expansions).

Alternatively with Old Willows:
54 squares from goods
12 Embassy
45 Huts
72 Willows (12 Willows, or less with combination of other diplomacy buildings, or bare minimum 68 squares with 11 Willows and 2 Runestones)

Total= 183, 179 bare minimum theoretically. So it is theoretically possible with Willows provided impediments do not hinder this production.

Conclusion: It is very unlikely that simultaneous 6 goods buildings and 1200 diplomacy would be achievable in 12 4x4 plots even using willows. However, using willows requires 8 hours of dead time with no production. That is 7 additional hours compared to the hour required to build clan totems.

Per new requirements of 4 goods buildings + 1200 diplomacy:

36 from goods
12 Embassy
36 Huts
100 from Clan Totems or 72 from Willows

Total= 184 with Totems excluding complications from impediments and all roads. Theoretically possible with Totems but unlikely with 12 4x4 plots (Again 192 spaces). But that might actually be physically impossible if I took the time to look at how that would work out on the actual grid. 156 spaces with Willows.

I am not sure previous posters were referring to 12 total 4x4 plots, but am inclined to believe they were referring to 12 additional expansions for a total of 16 plots. Regardless, given the ability to build diplomacy to satisfy the quest requirement, then tear down quickly and build 6 goods buildings, means a difference of at least 7 hours once the change is made to require simultaneous completion. This would likely be a higher real increase due to the additional space requirements for additional expansions.
You only need 4 goods building after this update to finish the last quest, ffs. If you wanna complain, can you read first?

RazorbackPirate

It is not possible to simultaneously complete 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods buildings with 12 total 4x4 plots while using only 50 clan totems.

12 4x4 squares= 192 squares excluding impediments.

For 6 goods buildings, that is at minimum 54 squares, 72 squares, or 90 squares, depending on goods buildings used.
Embasy is 12 squares.
For 6 3x3 goods buildings, that requires 270 population, which is 5 huts. Mead Brewery requires 216 population, 4 huts. For Wool Farms, 3 huts.
Need 50 clan totems requiring 100 squares for 1200 diplomacy.

So for 6 3x3 goods buildings + 1200 diplomacy :
54 squares from goods
12 Embassy squares
45 Huts squares
100 Clan totems squares

Total= 211
Total squares for 12 4x4 pots is 192. Without willows, this requires 14 total 4x4 plots (10 additional expansions)

Total for 6 Mead Breweries = 220 squares. Requires 14 total plots (10 expansions).

Total for 6 Wool Farms = 229. Requires 15 total plots (11 expansions).

Alternatively with Old Willows:
54 squares from goods
12 Embassy
45 Huts
72 Willows (12 Willows, or less with combination of other diplomacy buildings, or bare minimum 68 squares with 11 Willows and 2 Runestones)

Total= 183, 179 bare minimum theoretically. So it is theoretically possible with Willows provided impediments do not hinder this production.

Conclusion: It is very unlikely that simultaneous 6 goods buildings and 1200 diplomacy would be achievable in 12 4x4 plots even using willows. However, using willows requires 8 hours of dead time with no production. That is 7 additional hours compared to the hour required to build clan totems.

36 from goods
12 Embassy
36 Huts

Total= 184 with Totems excluding complications from impediments and all roads. Theoretically possible with Totems but unlikely with 12 4x4 plots (Again 192 spaces). But that might actually be physically impossible if I took the time to look at how that would work out on the actual grid. 156 spaces with Willows.

I am not sure previous posters were referring to 12 total 4x4 plots, but am inclined to believe they were referring to 12 additional expansions for a total of 16 plots. Regardless, given the ability to build diplomacy to satisfy the quest requirement, then tear down quickly and build 6 goods buildings, means a difference of at least 7 hours once the change is made to require simultaneous completion. This would likely be a higher real increase due to the additional space requirements for additional expansions.
^^^ And all of this nonsense is why I'm thrilled with the change. ^^^

So far, I've finished 5 real Settlements all with 2 - 3 days to spare each time. I've used 9 or 10 expansions in each, one needed 11 because of the impediments. I've never had 8 hours of no production, so I'm not sure what you're going on about with that.
In the real world, people do not appreciate it when things are abruptly and unnecessarily made more difficult for them. That's why people switch jobs and get promotions instead of flipping burgers at minimum wage their entire lives for a company that doesn't care much about them.
Aw, poor you. How will you survive? Does this mean you'll be finding a new game? Having been so horribly treated and all. How can you ever trust Inno again? It's obvious they don't care about you. How can they not care? After all, it's you! Lol. Such drama. But I'm sure you're actually a joy to be around in RL.

Algona

Do you have some data to offer that shows building 12 expansions is the most efficient way to finish a settlement? E

Data? No. Arithmetic. Add up the space needed to complete the Quest using various building combinations so you'll know what number of Expansions you need for each building combination.

Then select the combination and number of Expansions that suits your play style.

In the real world, people do not appreciate it when things are abruptly and unnecessarily made more difficult for them. That's why people switch jobs and get promotions instead of flipping burgers at minimum wage their entire lives for a company that doesn't care much about them.

So when someone drops a problem on your desk at work you yell at them and quit the job?

Is that how you treat family, friends, relationships? Yell at them and find replacements?

I will try to be courteous while others who know nothing about me sit back and try to insult my intelligence.

What I know about you is what you post, an emotionally laden rant with an erroneous conclusion that demonstrates you didn't objectively analyze the effects of the Announcement. (EDIT: or as it turns out even read the whole Announcement.)

I'm not insulting your intelligence, I'm pointing out your lack of emotional maturity.

That's fine though, you are part of the vast majority of posters who come to this forum who post emotional reactions instead of asking for help to resolve whatever the problem is that caused the emotional reaction.

While i was typing the above you posted this:

Which was followed up by a beautiful analysis. To bad it was all unnecessary.

Because you didn't even read the whole Announcement before posting your complaint.

As i said, this ain't about your intelligence.

Last edited:

Kesto11

Data? No. Arithmetic. Add up the space needed to complete the Quest using various building combinations so you'll know what number of Expansions you need for each building combination.

Then select the combination and number of Expansions that suits your play style.

I provided arithmetic, you did not. Also, collecting information via arithmetic is using data by definition. You just demonstrated the use of data while claiming you do not use it. To quote The Princess Bride: "Inconceivable!"

So when someone drops a problem on your desk at work you yell at them and quit the job?

Is that how you treat family, friends, relationships? Yell at them and find replacements?

No, but I will speak up and think for myself rather than be a doormat or "yes man" for changes that detrimental to business and/or relationships.

What I know about you is what you post, an emotionally laden rant with an erroneous conclusion that demonstrates you didn't objectively analyze the effects of the Announcement. (EDIT: or as it turns out even read the whole Announcement.)

Another baseless claim. I have backed what I said with mathematical analysis. You have provided nothing of substance and only predictable responses lacking any objective argument.

I'm not insulting your intelligence, I'm pointing out your lack of emotional maturity.

Baseless claim. I am appealing to math, you are appealing to emotions.

That's fine though, you are part of the vast majority of posters who come to this forum who post emotional reactions instead of asking for help to resolve whatever the problem is that caused the emotional reaction.

My posts have been mathematically and data driven. You have yet to refute any of my points but only seek to talk about irrelevant emotions. I have given facts, all you are doing is attacking people.

Which was followed up by a beautiful analysis. To bad it was all unnecessary.

Because you didn't even read the whole Announcement before posting your complaint.

As i said, this ain't about your intelligence.

So now you are saying my analysis is good, but "unnecessary," after saying I cannot objectively analyze the announcement? And again claim I didn't read the Announcement, after I clearly demonstrated understanding of the announcement and the ensuing mathematical changes it will cause. And now that I clearly demonstrated the mathematical intelligence behind my statements, you say it is not about my intelligence?

That is a lot of contradiction in relatively few words.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37581

From the announcement:
The Quest "Last Preparations" in the Viking Settlement did not correctly update its diplomacy counter when diplomacy buildings were removed. We recognize that this led to the last quest being a lot easier to complete than intended. With this upcoming change in mind, which would make the quest harder to complete, we have also adjusted the "cultural goods production building" requirement of the quest from 6 to 4.

Kesto11

^^^ And all of this nonsense is why I'm thrilled with the change. ^^^

So far, I've finished 5 real Settlements all with 2 - 3 days to spare each time. I've used 9 or 10 expansions in each, one needed 11 because of the impediments. I've never had 8 hours of no production, so I'm not sure what you're going on about with that.

Aw, poor you. How will you survive? Does this mean you'll be finding a new game? Having been so horribly treated and all. How can you ever trust Inno again? It's obvious they don't care about you. How can they not care? After all, it's you! Lol. Such drama. But I'm sure you're actually a joy to be around in RL.

Math is nonsense? This game wouldn't exist without mathematical analysis. f the developers didn't take the time to do the math and factor in all the variables for elements like events and cultural settlements, very few people would play the game.

I am pointing out mathematical difficulties and have not threatened to leave the game. Should people not be allowed to voice their displeasure based on empirical evidence and data? You are causing drama by insulting other players. I am providing feedback to Inno based on how the changes will affect gameplay. You are just slinging mud for your own pleasure.

Algona

I provided arithmetic, you did not.

So just to make sure I got this right.

You half read the Announcement, came over here post an erroneous complaint, get upset when I point out that you're wrong, tell you how you are wrong, but are now upset because I didn;t do the arithmetic here for you?

Then you go on to waste time doing the analysis you should have done after completely reading the announcement, screwing up yet again, then come back here and post more silliness.

And now that you;ve found out that you made multiple mistakes you;re going to give me more grief?

----------

Oh. Wait. I get it.

You still haven;t read the whole announcement, have you?

You don;t know they reduced the Goods Buildings from 6 ro 4 in the final quest.

Heh. I'll still maintain your biggest problem is a lack of emotional maturity, but I'm starting to think I was wrong about this not being about your intelligence as well.

Kesto11

You only need 4 goods building after this update to finish the last quest, ffs. If you wanna complain, can you read first?

I clearly stated the new requirements are for 4 goods buildings, but you must not have read that.

So just to make sure I got this right.

You half read the Announcement, came over here post an erroneous complaint, get upset when I point out that you're wrong, tell you how you are wrong, but are now upset because I didn;t do the arithmetic here for you?

You don;t know they reduced the Goods Buildings from 6 ro 4 in the final quest.

Heh. I'll still maintain your biggest problem is a lack of emotional maturity, but I'm starting to think I was wrong about this not being about your intelligence as well.

Nothing of what you said is true. Did you read my analysis? I included the change from 6 to 4 goods buildings, so everything you are saying is based on you not reading or ignoring what I posted. I posted all the math.

You failed to read through all my objective analysis and instead continue to make baseless claims using the same tired insults.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37581

36 from goods
12 Embassy
36 Huts

36 from goods
12 Embassy
27 Huts
4 Shack
100 from Clan Totems

Total = 179 out of 192 available
Even with impediments, this should be an easily attainable arrangement as Runestones can be used in places where Clan Totems won't fit. And while it takes 4 Runestones to replace 1 Clan Totem, the available spaces (with impediments taken into account) should be more than enough to compensate.

DeletedUser

36 from goods
12 Embassy
36 Huts

36 from goods
12 Embassy
15 Clan House
4 Shack
100 from Clan Totems.

Total = 167
One Clan House and one Shack provide 188 population, while the 4 goods buildings only require 180.
No roads needed.
I have 5 cities. In each one I could buy expansions to bring my total up to 12 in such a way as to have 3 or fewer squares taken up by impediments. Just taking the 8 expansions directly available from the original grid would give me a max of 6 squares taken up by impediments at the most. So it is eminently achievable without using Willows.

Kesto11

36 from goods
12 Embassy
15 Clan House
4 Shack
100 from Clan Totems.

Total = 167
One Clan House and one Shack provide 188 population, while the 4 goods buildings only require 180.
No roads needed.
I have 5 cities. In each one I could buy expansions to bring my total up to 12 in such a way as to have 3 or fewer squares taken up by impediments. Just taking the 8 expansions directly available from the original grid would give me a max of 6 squares taken up by impediments at the most. So it is eminently achievable without using Willows.

Clan house requires 8 hours to complete, which is why it is not as efficient as the current ability to complete diplomacy first, delete, and then build 6 goods buildings. So again, while possible, it is more time consuming and less efficient to wait for 8-hour buildings to complete. My point is that this change will increase the average amount of time required to complete settlements. And since those buildings are achieved only after spending almost all of the goods needed, and require high amounts of diplomacy, that is even more time spent tearing down and rebuilding the city, and therefore more time lost from production.

Edit: After examining the situation further, dontwannaname is correct, and I see how the completion of the settlement is consistently feasible on a 192-square settlement, and not dependent on Clan Houses or Willows.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37581

Theoretically, but when placed on a real grid, there are often serious problems trying to puzzle in everything, especially when factoring for impediments.
But why complain about it before you actually try it. If I find that it won't work as stated, I will come back and amend my conclusions accordingly.

Kesto11

Only after you edited it, which was just before you posted this and long after many people had pointed it out to you.

My original post that included the change using 4 goods buildings instead of 6. Their own posts used my quote that included those numbers. So they pointed out nothing new, except that they failed to read that section, yet quoted it, and then pretended it didn't exist. After quoting it.

Last edited:

Kesto11

But why complain about it before you actually try it. If I find that it won't work as stated, I will come back and amend my conclusions accordingly.

Because it takes 8 hours building time plus the time to build and tear down diplomacy to complete a clan house, which may include deletion of other buildings that would otherwise be producing during that time. Same goes for willow. It's a simple matter of a lost production time.

DeletedUser37581

Because it takes 8 hours building time plus the time to build and tear down diplomacy to complete a clan house, which may include deletion of other buildings that would otherwise be producing during that time. Same goes for willow. It's a simple matter of a lost production time.
My mathematical analysis did not use a Clan House. It used only buildings that can be built in an hour.

I will admit that I did not read your entire analysis. When you started needlessly making an analysis using six goods buildings, it seemed apparent that there was no need to continue. An analysis with six goods buildings was completely a waste of time, both for you to do and for me to read.

And indeed, if I had continued, what I would have found was this - mathematical analysis showing that it might work followed by some handwaving to try to imply that it won't. Your handwaving is unwarranted. If you want to do a mathematical analysis then continue with that all the way. Show mathematically that it cannot work.

DeletedUser

Clan house requires 8 hours to complete,
That's why you don't wait until the last minute to build it.
So again, while possible, it is more time consuming and less efficient to wait for 8-hour buildings to complete.
So, again, you don't wait until the last minute to build it. I am currently using this exact strategy in one of my settlements and it works great.
My point is that this change will increase the average amount of time required to complete settlements.
Only for you because you refuse to deviate from your faulty line of thinking. For the rest of us it will be the same or less time.
It's a simple matter of a lost production time.
No, it's a simple matter of you complaining just for the sake of complaining. I had not used Clan Houses until recently because I thought they were not efficient enough, given their size and time to build. Then I tried it anyway. And it is cutting hours off my time with its population. You have to tear down and rebuild all the time in Settlements, it's not hard to fit in a Clan House before you get to the end.

Kesto11

My mathematical analysis did not use a Clan House. It used only buildings that can be built in an hour.

Your analysis is correct and highly efficient. Thank you for including that. I stand corrected. Much of my long post was geared towards a couple posts that talked about currently building Willows before the change, which are unnecessary. And I was trying to show that having 6 goods buildings alongside 1200 diplomacy is over the top, while acknowledging the change from 6 to 4 goods that makes it much more bearable. So yes, much of that was not needed for those no longer considering the 6 goods building requirement.

That's why you don't wait until the last minute to build it.

I had not used Clan Houses until recently because I thought they were not efficient enough, given their size and time to build. Then I tried it anyway. And it is cutting hours off my time with its population. You have to tear down and rebuild all the time in Settlements, it's not hard to fit in a Clan House before you get to the end.

So you have been sprinting ahead a bit to get enough Wool to unlock Clan Houses, then backtracking for the other goods? I do see now how building a clan house overnight could payoff down the road. Unfortunately it takes over 600 goods to get there, and by that time there are only a going to be a little over 300 goods left to produce. I am wondering how many additional goods and coins due to use of clan houses would be squeezed out in that 2-3 day time frame left after unlocking Clan Houses? Perhaps a difference of 40-50 goods over the last couple days at the high estimate if building a Clan House means one more goods building producing per day?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

So you have been sprinting ahead a bit to get enough Wool to unlock Clan Houses, then backtracking for the other goods?
Umm, no.
Unfortunately it takes over 600 goods to get there, and by that time there are only a going to be a little over 300 goods left to produce. I am wondering how many additional goods and coins due to use of clan houses would be squeezed out in that 2-3 day time frame left after unlocking Clan Houses? Perhaps a difference of 40-50 goods over the last couple days at the high estimate if building a Clan House means one more goods building producing per day?
At the point when you unlock Clan Houses, you are probably using Huts for most of your population. If you've been efficient with your goods productions, then at that point you can probably delete one or more goods buildings because you will already have all of one or more of the goods you need to finish. So you delete those goods buildings, build a Clan House, then you can probably sell 3 Huts. You can definitely sell 2. Then you can build another goods building or two to help finish up whatever you're still short of. So at most you lose one 8 hour production cycle, or 10 goods. But you can also get rid of roads to any Huts/Shacks you have left because their coin production should be totally unnecessary at that point. You should be able to get rid of Shrines/Markets at that point, too, enabling you to build many of the Clan Totems you will need for the 1200 Diplomacy at the end, saving you that hour. Or, if you're just waiting on some Wool, you can build a bunch of Old Willows during the last 8 hour production cycle.
Clan House provides 172 pop, compared to 178 for 3 Huts. And it takes up 15 squares, compared to 27 for 3 Huts. Build a Shack for the extra 8 pop needed for 4 Axe Smiths and you've still saved 8 squares. If nothing else it will make it easier to fit the necessary buildings in for the final quest.

Kesto11

So you delete those goods buildings, build a Clan House, then you can probably sell 3 Huts. You can definitely sell 2. Then you can build another goods building or two to help finish up whatever you're still short of. So at most you lose one 8 hour production cycle, or 10 goods.

That is what I meant by sprinting and backtracking, since roughly 300 goods are still needed to be produced after unlocking Clan Houses, and the majority of these are likely not Wool.