• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

DeletedUser36624

To be fair, when you first open the quest window, the bar 'fills up' to the point where it should be rather than already being there. Add in the additional details that the NPC image is slightly faded (it also quickly fades in as the window opens) and that the window isn't even fully open yet, and it's not too unreasonable to suggest that they really did take a very quick screenshot immediately after opening the quest window.
Yes, but that animation also darkens the window. To catch the bar and faded NPC image like that, the window would be just starting to darken.

DeletedUser37581

I realized that no matter what I posted, someone would claim "faked screenshot". Fortunately, I am prepared.

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Yes, but that animation also darkens the window. To catch the bar and faded NPC image like that, the window would be just starting to darken.

It's really not that hard to do. I just accomplished a similar 'feat' myself on my first attempt. Different quest, different circumstances entirely but the criteria in their screenshot that are causing issue are all present in mine as well. Faded NPC image, window not fully open, progress bar not at the point it should be, and resource cost of the building still displayed in the city area.

vikingss.jpg

DeletedUser36624

I realized that no matter what I posted, someone would claim "faked screenshot". Fortunately, I am prepared.

That explains the jpg then. A frame extracted from the video then, not a screenshot, which would produce a png. My apologies for the accusation of a faked screenshot, but no doubt you intended to provoke one by withholding the video and choosing a frame that would look "wrong".

DeletedUser37581

That explains the jpg then. A frame extracted from the video then, not a screenshot, which would produce a png. My apologies for the accusation of a faked screenshot, but no doubt you intended to provoke one by withholding the video and choosing a frame that would look "wrong".
Thank you for the apology, but no, I was not aware that the screenshot looked suspicious - no provocation intended.

And it originally was a png screenshot, but apparently was too large and this forum didn't allow me to upload it so I converted it to jpg.

DeletedUser33186

I would really like to provide feedback on the settlements but it looks like everything turns into a discussion/argument about how to play them and doesn’t provide “feedback” to Inno. So, in case someone actually reads this and maybe cares about what a player thinks....

I have played through the first two levels of Vikings and I am done. It is not fun trying to figure out how to do the same thing over and over. Perhaps I am a bit too ADHD but I prefer novel experiences and sights. Those are not provided.

I want Historical Questlines back. Or, at least a choice between Settlements and Historicals. I can see where certain types of thinkers may prefer the Settlements but not me. And I think it does come down to whether people are a bit more logical/creative in thinking, or right brain/left brain, or linear/intuitive, etc.

So as a longtime player and occasional diamond purchaser....Inno will not make a profit on this from me. I am bored beyond anything with them after doing two and I will probably only ever do one level of any future ones. So, if I have to have completed all levels of this before being offered the next type, well, then I am done.

I am truly saddened that it appears that the 4-6 Historicals every year are no more. I will happily spend my gaming money on Pokemon Go or something else.

DeletedUser30900

I am truly saddened that it appears that the 4-6 Historicals every year are no more. I will happily spend my gaming money on Pokemon Go or something else.
So you spent money on historical event otherwise you couldn’t finish them? No wonder you don’t like settlements

qaccy

@RosyNess While I agree with you that it kinda sucks to not see historical questlines anymore, I have to wonder how you found them any more engaging or different from settlements. You mention it not being fun 'figuring out how to do the same thing over and over again', but how were historical events any different? Gather some goods, run some productions, spend some FP, fight/negotiate some battles...there wasn't really much to them. I liked them because of the educational aspect (even if it was about equal to the opening paragraphs of a Wikipedia entry), but there wasn't any interesting gameplay behind them.

RazorbackPirate

I have played through the first two levels of Vikings and I am done. It is not fun trying to figure out how to do the same thing over and over. Perhaps I am a bit too ADHD but I prefer novel experiences and sights. Those are not provided.

So as a longtime player and occasional diamond purchaser....Inno will not make a profit on this from me. I am bored beyond anything with them after doing two and I will probably only ever do one level of any future ones. So, if I have to have completed all levels of this before being offered the next type, well, then I am done.

The nice thing about Settlements is that like GE, GvG, and events, it is an entirely optional part of the game. Of course, like those other aspects, you miss out on the benefits of doing them, but if you don't like them, don't do them.

Just please don't ask for the Yggdrasil Tree or Greater Runestones to be offered some other way, or come back complaining how unfair it is that others have them.

On a related note, I'll be completing my 6th Viking Settlement in 2 cities later today with 3 days to spare. Like you, I will not be spending diamonds to complete Settlements. There is simply no need.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I just finished my third play through on 3 worlds and it is a painful experience, which is why I've only finished them 3 times.

The only reason I play them is I want Yggdrasil leveled up, enough so that I am willing (so far) to put myself through this torture.

I've decided I don't care enough about the runestones to worry about leveling the ones I'll end up getting from the shards I get here and there.

This is hands down the most boring gameplay feature I've ever seen in a game. It's no exaggeration to say that watching grass grow or paint dry are more entertaining. If the rest of the game was this bad, I would have left a long time ago.

Thumbs up to those who play it enough to finish each settlement before the gold chest deadline.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Finishing it before the gold deadline is the most part of the fun. Maybe that’s why it’s boring to you. 6/6 settlement gold chest so far, really easy .
I wish it was that. On my first play through I got 2 gold and 1 silver. Second time was 1 silver and 2 copper. My third run through was 1 copper and 2 blanks. There may be a trend there...

Kranyar the Mysterious

I may, but it's not that it's hard to do. Getting a gold chest is dead simple. I don't find any challenge there. That may be part of the problem . At least in the city and other minigames there is either player interaction or some other variety to make things more interesting. In the settlements it is the exact same thing over and over, rince and repeat. The obstacles just don't cut it for interesting variety .

DeletedUser30900

I may, but it's not that it's hard to do. Getting a gold chest is dead simple. I don't find any challenge there. That may be part of the problem . At least in the city and other minigames there is either player interaction or some other variety to make things more interesting. In the settlements it is the exact same thing over and over, rince and repeat. The obstacles just don't cut it for interesting variety .
maybe you havent realized, but time limits on gold chest getting shorter and shorter every time you complete a settlement. It's gonna get more and more intense if you keep going.

qaccy

It's no exaggeration to say that watching grass grow or paint dry are more entertaining

Not for nothing, but you actually are exaggerating or you have an odd definition of 'entertainment'. I don't really think it's as bad as you do. The random position of impediments and the variable numbers of each good needed for completion (meaning different emphasis on which goods buildings are needed to fit in) are enough to keep it interesting for me. Even if it's done using the same buildings each time, it's not too far removed from the main city where each age is simply a visual change from the same stuff available in the age(s) prior to it.

Ironically, I think I may be the one who's exaggerating with my gross generalization of the game as a whole.

Zatrikon

Has the final quest been changed? And the way it works? Before, if you had the 1200 diplomacy box checked and then deleted some diplomacy buildings, it would stay checked. I just did this so I could build some goods buildings for the other half of the quest and the diplomacy portion became unchecked!

RazorbackPirate

Has the final quest been changed? And the way it works? Before, if you had the 1200 diplomacy box checked and then deleted some diplomacy buildings, it would stay checked. I just did this so I could build some goods buildings for the other half of the quest and the diplomacy portion became unchecked!
Yup. It was changed to work exactly the way you describe. Tearing down Diplomacy, removes Diplomacy. You will now need 1,200 Diplomacy and 4 Goods Buildings, all at the same time to complete.

-Athena-

I did the Settlement thing 3 times. Finished the first 2 in the 2nd time frame and then the 3rd one in the first time frame. Decided to take a week off from doing them. Well now that break has turned into quite a few weeks and I just can't seem to get back into wanting to do them. Anyone else experiencing Settlement fatigue? Maybe there are just too many "side shows" to this game and something had to give.