• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.148

BruteForceAttack

I won't be able to finish my current Settlements before tomorrow's update, but I have no doubt I'll still be able to finish well withing the deadline.

I finished this morning and can confirm that starting from 0 works. i.e. delete all the goods buildings and then start one, delete, repeat rinse.

DeletedUser16249

Well, I would like to thank INNO for putting the game auomatically on the HTML platform, thanks to the update. Hello lag, waiting ages for the game to load, freezing, etc, etc, etc. Finally clicked that, just possibly, I was no longer on the flash platform (and yes, I use Chrome and have Windows 10 so can actually choose which platform I want) so went and changed it back to the better of the two. Fix the problems you have with this platform, INNO (HTML5) 'cos I know I'm not the only one that has gone back to flash.

DeletedUser

Well, I would like to thank INNO for putting the game auomatically on the HTML platform, thanks to the update. Hello lag, waiting ages for the game to load, freezing, etc, etc, etc. Finally clicked that, just possibly, I was no longer on the flash platform (and yes, I use Chrome and have Windows 10 so can actually choose which platform I want) so went and changed it back to the better of the two. Fix the problems you have with this platform, INNO (HTML5) 'cos I know I'm not the only one that has gone back to flash.
As I've been telling people on another thread, HTML5 works just as well as Flash if you stick with it through the relatively short adjustment period. I have been using HTML5 since it was first available on Chrome with Windows 10 and it has worked like a charm since I got through that 2-3 day adjustment period.

DeletedUser30900

you have issue with playing foe, you dont blame yourself for having a sorry computer, but going after Inno and claiming a problem doesnt even exist. Fix yourself and get a better computer. FFS

RazorbackPirate

I've been using HTML5 shortly after it's introduction. One update forced me back to Flash for a few days, but whatever issue there was got fixed quickly and I've been running it since. I've even run Flash and HTML5 side by side in each of my cities and just to see the difference in performance and there was none. At least not enough to pick one over the other so it's been HTML5 ever since.

I honestly can't understand the issues some report, I've never seen anything close to what's been reported. I just write it off to people generally hating change.

DeletedUser36624

It's a mystery to me as well, given that I am playing on a computer that is almost 10 years old, and isn't even capable of running Windows 10 because the hardware is too old.

ODragon

FWIW, with the new settlement requirements, I was able to finish with over 3 days left. I had 4 Huts, 2 Axe, 2 Wool with lots of Totems and Runes.

I only purchased 9 expansions.

RazorbackPirate

I also finished with 3 days left and placed 9 expansions. I had a full city with 2 Clan Houses, 1 Hut, 1 Shack, 2 Mead Halls, 4 Old willows, 2 Axe, 2 Beast, 2 Markets, as many Shrines as I could fit with Clan Totems or Runestones filling any last empty spots, everything running and copper in the bank. I'm happy, my Vikings are happy, and my Yggdrasil is now at level 4.

ODragon

I also finished with 3 days left and placed 9 expansions. I had a full city with 2 Clan Houses, 1 Hut, 1 Shack, 2 Mead Halls, 4 Old willows, 2 Axe, 2 Beast, 2 Markets, as many Shrines as I could fit with Clan Totems or Runestones filling any last empty spots, everything running and copper in the bank. I'm happy, my Vikings are happy, and my Yggdrasil is now at level 4.

I must be one past you as I got the medal emissary. At least the slot to put the supply one in has some worth.

I was going to do what you did but I ended up needing 103 wool to open the clan house and because of how time worked out, I had 100 wool at bed time, woke up with 130 wool. I put down enough diplomacy that I unlocked the Clan house, Old Willow, Mead, all at the same time, got rid rid of the stuff I didn't need to plant them one at a time (for the quests), then finished it.

This round, I only need 5 wool to open the clan house so one of those will definitely be placed and left until the end. Goods matter I guess and this really shows how. Last time I had a lot of high number goods early that locked unlocking things. This time seems to be much more reasonable when it comes to that so I should be able to get things planted much earlier this time.

RazorbackPirate

I've just started my 7th Settlements. I'll be getting the emissary and open spot this round, so yes, I'm one behind. Like you, I'll be adding the Supply Emissary as supplies always lag coins.

With the higher frequency of 4x, I'm seeing that when, where, and how often they hit can have a drastic impact on how quickly you can move forward. Starting my Settlements one after the other in two cities can now have a completion difference of up to a day. I also just got my first truly horrible impediment layout. Multiple 2x Impediments inside the initial grid, with almost every expansion surrounding the initial grid having the others. I'm leaning toward the latter, but I've yet to decide if I'll bail after the 25 FPs and start over, or muddle through and test my meddle.

ODragon

Re: 4x, I'm wondering at what point it will be worth doing the 1 day production for goods. I know you lose out a little on total production you can do in a day (25-30 vs straight 20) but when you hit a 4x on a 20, that's almost 10% of your needs for an entire settlement.

I tried it early on and it didn't work well but i'm thinking next round when i'm at 15%, it might be worth trying. It doesn't have the added benefit of not needing as many coins which actually may make it feel a little less grindy but at the same time, not hitting it might feel like I will make it in time.

Kranyar the Mysterious

A week or two before then update I found that 2 of my cities were on HTML5 and one was on flash. No idea how long it was like that because I had no idea they were set different.

To me that is the proof, when you don't even realize they are different .

DeletedUser28374

Performance: about the time this version was released browser performance took a nose dive. The low-performance/disable-animations warning kept appearing in Chrome and FF, displays were jumpy and slow to respond. Though disabling animations helped performance was still low, and I use animations when determining who to attack (what's available to plunder).
Disabling HTML5 in Settings cleared things up. Others have voiced similar experiences.
Also, when editing text (chat, messages) with HTML5 enabled <CTRL><arrows> will select text as the cursor moves as though a <Shift> key were being used.

I'll be keeping HTML5 disabled for now.

IngeJones

The difference as I experienced it is that now we have to have the 4 goods buildings *at the same time* as the specified diplomacy. Previously I was able to get the diplomacy, then got the green checkmark for the diplomacy task, then delete the diplomacy buildings and throw down the 6 goods buildings to get the goods building check mark. Now the game wants me to have the 4 goods buildings along with the diplomacy goal.

qaccy

@IngeJones That's the intent, as mentioned in the changelog. It was always intended to have the diplomacy at the same time as the goods buildings, but for some reason it never actually worked properly that way. Why they reduced the required goods buildings from 6 to 4 at the same time as they seemingly fixed this issue is a mystery to me though. Perhaps they decided it was too difficult to achieve 1200/6?

IngeJones

Well the changelog wording was slightly confusing (to me anyway) so I decided the best way to clarify it was to wait and see for myself - and then explain it in my own words for the benefit of anyone who might have had the same trouble as me understanding the changelog

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well the changelog wording was slightly confusing (to me anyway) so I decided the best way to clarify it was to wait and see for myself - and then explain it in my own words for the benefit of anyone who might have had the same trouble as me understanding the changelog
Not confusing at all. They clearly never intended for us to be able to build/tear down buildings of either kind for the final quest, and this fixes that. 1200 Diplomacy still standing, 4 goods buildings all started, quest fulfilled. Easy peasy.
Why they reduced the required goods buildings from 6 to 4 at the same time as they seemingly fixed this issue is a mystery to me though.
Again, simple explanation. They were throwing a bone to those who were inevitably going to complain about the change. Didn't work for some, but that was the intent. That's also clear from the announcement.