• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Himeji Castle Worth?

mamboking053

Is Himeji still worth it to everyone or does anyone think the quality of prize-drops fell off like Temple of Relics?

Salsuero

Is Himeji still worth it to everyone or does anyone think the quality of prize-drops fell off like Temple of Relics?

Still worth it to me. Statistics did catch up to me, but that only slowed things down as I was getting absurdly lucky. I'm still getting 50 FP and 10 FP rewards regularly, as well as 10 Rogues here and there, which are better than no reward. I also still hit 200 FPs once in a while, so it's definitely worth having so far.

Emberguard

I've received more FPs [proportionally for the time acquired] from it then any other GB. It's totally worth it, especially with a dedicated swap group to speed up reaching lvl 10. My Himeji is currently lvl 15

It's quickly becoming my favorite GB. I was starting to wonder after going several days with minimal to no prizes at all. But on Tuesday I received both 200 fps and 500 goods (which I hadn't even realized was an option.) I'll take that! Made my week. :)

Yes, Himeji Castle is still worth it.

Jase249

IMO it's far superior to ToR. I'm actually strongly considering deleting ToR now. Most of what the Temple drops is useless fluff, but the HC drops FPs, goods, rogues, and diamonds. So the HC is actually dropping useful stuff as opposed to just more inventory clutter.

Temple is good for a while when you're starting, but at a certain point I don't need any more Face of the Ancients, Tribal Squares, or even Terrace Farms.

ODragon

Temple is good for a while when you're starting, but at a certain point I don't need any more Face of the Ancients, Tribal Squares, or even Terrace Farms.

I have mixed opinions on this. Yes, I see what you are saying but if you are doing GE anyway, having chances of 20 + 100 FP is worth it. Faces aren't bad for events. TFs allow you to upgrade the ones you have without spending one-up/reno kits. It might not be worth leveling anymore but I don't think it is necessarily worth getting rid of. I do wish they would update the drops on it to make them a little more appropriate for what is current.

DeletedUser13838

I have 3 selection kits, got diamonds 2 times and rogues fps and goods many many times. It's also a good GB to double dip on. When the only "bad" reward is rogues it's hard to complain.

DeletedUser13838

They're not really bad but when you have thousands of rogues if rather get fps or goods. It's possible that I might not even need RHs anymore.

DeletedUser29726

IMO it's far superior to ToR. I'm actually strongly considering deleting ToR now. Most of what the Temple drops is useless fluff, but the HC drops FPs, goods, rogues, and diamonds. So the HC is actually dropping useful stuff as opposed to just more inventory clutter.

Temple is still good for a few things.

20 (silver) and 100 (gold) FP reward as noted
2 random blueprints (silver) can be very useful for building up a collection of prints for buildings that aren't popular to power-level should you want to be the one that goes first among your group on one
Reno/1-up kits (jade)
unattached units (silver/gold)

Algona

I'm deeply regretting not getting 50+ sets of Himeji BPs during the first day frenzy. No foresight.

This question assumes facts not in evidence: That ToR prizes have dropped in quality.

I submit they are as good as ever, you're perception of their value has changed, either due to you having a glut of them or changes in the game.

There was a time where we all thought TS, SSW, FoY, TF were the bomb. Once you've got dozens in Inventory and no way to cram them in to you city they seem more like a dud.

Do I place a TF or a Ship or Colossus or Thelos? Better Event prizes make that TF we all so wanted 18 months ago look kinda meh.

Salsuero

TFs allow you to upgrade the ones you have without spending one-up/reno kits.

I didn't realize people used the Terrace Farms for anything other than FPs. I won't be upgrading mine from EMA ever. They only cost 390 each in population at that age.

DeletedUser29726

I didn't realize people used the Terrace Farms for anything other than FPs. I won't be upgrading mine from EMA ever. They only cost 390 each in population at that age.

They were good options for goods in high ages (either other than current age or without a power-leveled chateau). Sunken Treasures and Sleigh Builders have overtaken them in that department in efficiency - but their accessibility in significant numbers might still have people use them for that purpose. They have similar footprint to a high age goods building, same throughput on 8 hour cycle, less population requirement, and don't need unrefined goods.