• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser36624

O-M-G! 550 goods to the guild treasury. They are playing for keeps. Next age up, I'm definitely leaving as many techs unresearched as possible.

DeletedUser30312

So basically we've got a nice easy relaxed event where we don't have to worry about optimal event currency spending to get the best prize here. What's the problem then? I think this is a nice relaxing break from Forge Bowl and Carnival.

I do say that the gold animals seem to be a huge waste though. The stag and giraffe are never worth it, the mouse has a better chance for the daily and is about only about a third of the cost of the other two. And look that the junk they give Self Aids, 1 Ups and Stores from the giraffe which I get plently of from DCs and the GE anyway, and the stage is only bar FP that I can get elsewhere too. The lion is kind of meh but not quite as bad. The raccoon seems to be the best overall in terms of cost, chance for daily and non-daily prizes. I wonder if the crappiness of the gold animals in general is intentional on Inno's part to trick players into using up lanterns on them so they run out faster and thewn will feel the need to buy more.

not too impressed so far, the daily specials have been pathetic. Plus, since my city is built out there is very little room for incidents, thus no room for cherry trees

There's always room for incidents. I'm not certain, but from some of my observations with incidents, I think incidents queue up on a waiting list if all the spots have been taken. I've seen a fresh incident pop up in a spot right after clearing an incident out of a spot. I'm also pretty sure incidents occur more frequently on cities that are played more often, I get plenty every day on my main city, while a side city I might touch 1-2 times a week have them occur sparsely. FWIW, the cherry trees seem to be occurring as Common incidents, so you should get a good number of them if you play actively.

Possible strategy...?

I guess it depends on just how often you get pieces from the Daily Challenge, but I figured maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to get a lot of Selection kits this year and use them immediately. Instead, I would get all that I can, then only use them to level up the pieces that are available in the Daily Challenge.It will take a while to profit from, but you gain more from it.

Maybe I would use them to get the Gong because of it's insane probability.

Yeah, that's the best approach here IMO. Go for the Spring selection kits and save them for upgrades, since the base Cherry Garden pieces can be won in the DC. I have a whole unplaced set just sitting in my inventory, so it's upgrades for me. If you get enough selection kits, the level 1 Gong is worth considering since it's the hardest piece to win in the DC. My side cities will be focusing on Wells and Shrinks instead and some Rogues for my newest city.

O-M-G! 550 goods to the guild treasury. They are playing for keeps. Next age up, I'm definitely leaving as many techs unresearched as possible.

I had 650. Went with Research instead, since I have the spare techs and it helps my long terms plans too.

DeletedUser18799

Due to time constraints, I wasn't able to locate 15 spawning points for incidents in the wilderness, but I was able to identify 7 spawn points outside of any possible expansion area plus several more that are available outside of the expansions placed in your city. In the graphic, the blacked out area is the extent of possible expansion placements, while the areas outlined in yellow indicates areas where your city has not yet expanded to. The red diamonds indicate incident spawn points. This clearly shows that there are sufficient places for incidents (and therefore cherry trees) to spawn in your city.

View attachment 12116
Since you do not have a city in VF with all available expansions taken, you have no realistic way of determining how many incidents I may or may not get in the wild in my main account. I have 8 cities progressive and lower which get 2-3 times the incidents and cherry trees as I do in my VF city.
The largest percentage of my incidents fall on water or shores, where cherry trees will not spawn.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18799

@Emberguard That's true, but that doesn't really address the question I posed: Does waiting give you better odds of winning something? If overall you're getting the same number of attempts, I don't see any difference between trying all one one day versus doing it on multiple.

I think the only thing that matters here is how close to the end of the event the 'last chance' will be as this affects how much total currency players (mostly the free ones) are able to have acquired in order to spend.
odds are odds, a statement of your chances at a desired result, they stay the same regardless of when or how often the attempts are made

DeletedUser18799

All incidents for the day are allocated to your city at the beginning of the day (server time). This includes the type of incident such as Pothole 1x1 or Clothesline.
and where did you get that little nugget of info?

DeletedUser29623

Yeah, that's the best approach here IMO. Go for the Spring selection kits and save them for upgrades, since the base Cherry Garden pieces can be won in the DC. I have a whole unplaced set just sitting in my inventory, so it's upgrades for me. If you get enough selection kits, the level 1 Gong is worth considering since it's the hardest piece to win in the DC. My side cities will be focusing on Wells and Shrinks instead and some Rogues for my newest city.

I’m definitely going for that #$&@ gong. I must have 3 or 4 of every other piece in the set in one of my cities, after going for the Cherry Set every time it turns up in the DCs.

DeletedUser26656

daily lanterns
you don't get many per day 50 is the most i have gotten . not even 1 small jump per day. s/ be a lot more!
also you must log in every day. why is the question? i just stay logged in much easier to play that way..
if not you will not get lanterns had that problem the first 2 days. need more lanterns and w/ re logging in every day for those of us who never log out in the first place.

next item how can i win more of the exact daily prize i want ? got blown out again did 1.5 ponds and did not get even 1 daily special!! s/ have been at least 3 of them..
thanks

DeletedUser28147

Gather 520 to complete the quest. Jeez, my theory about Inno games is looking more solid with every quest like this.

DeletedUser37617

Well, I admit I was not a huge fan over either the forge bowl or the carnival (though I did get some stuff from each), but out of all of the events I have played this one is so far my second favorite right under the winter event! I have gotten around half a dozen to a dozen cherry trees, most of which gave me 20 lanterns and one of which gave me 100 lanterns. I have also caught up to the daily quests and gotten the new avatars, and will definitely get all the upgrades for my pagoda, so I am one happy player :)

DeletedUser31397

I have to say after 48 hours of a watch fire upgrades and now the hall of flame the daily specials really blows!

10922-11a7fd67fddfdfc461c65ad9f7d54ed1.jpg

Spring Selection Kit is next

DeletedUser30312

Well, I did fairly well. I had somewhere around 6500 lanterns and I got a nice big load of 9 selection kits. I have a leftover upgrade from last year, so altogether I can now fully upgrade two more Cherry Garden sets, and I have a whole set in my inventory from the DC. Not a bad take at all.

DeletedUser31397

I got 7 selection kits with about 6100 lanterns and I now have enough to complete a lv2 set with other buildings I got from DC. I was thinking trying to aim for 10 kits and get 2 sets from DC but that seems too daunting especially since I never seem to get the cherry garden set chest option to begin with...

Actually, I missed the last 2 spring events as I wasn't quite committed to the game back then so it's nice to finally have one of these beautiful cherry garden sets max levelled!

DeletedUser13838

I managed 7 kits with about 5100 lanterns. Would have liked 8 to give me 2 fully upgraded sets.

DeletedUser36020

7500 lanterns and 4 kits... not impressed, but ill survive lol