• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Himeji Castle Worth?

Jase249

Temple is still good for a few things.

20 (silver) and 100 (gold) FP reward as noted
Yes, FP relics are good, but measuring the drop rate of FPs against HC, HC wins hands down.

2 random blueprints (silver) can be very useful for building up a collection of prints for buildings that aren't popular to power-level should you want to be the one that goes first among your group on one
Respectfully disagree, unless you're talking about that once-a-year moment or so when a new GB drops in which case yes you might catch lightning in a bottle before anyone else does. Otherwise, get in a leveling group, contact friends, look on ForgeDB for who's leveling the GB in question, etc. Relying on random BPs is silly IMHO.

Reno/1-up kits (jade)
Have more than I'll probably ever use, and I get more all the time through "regular" GE prizes (encounters) as well as events, daily challenges, etc.

unattached units (silver/gold)
Just level your Traz.

In any event, I took the plunge and deleted ToR this morning. Will see how it goes. I can always rebuild it if I miss it too much.

DeletedUser13838

Just level your Traz.
ToR can give you units whether you have the barracks or not, just not reliably.
They were good options for goods in high ages (either other than current age or without a power-leveled chateau). Sunken Treasures and Sleigh Builders have overtaken them in that department in efficiency - but their accessibility in significant numbers might still have people use them for that purpose. They have similar footprint to a high age goods building, same throughput on 8 hour cycle, less population requirement, and don't need unrefined goods.
Or 2-lane roads. Also, TFs are relatively easy to get while sunken treasures were only available for a limited amount of time and required decent luck (or at least not the awful luck I had).

Jase249

ToR can give you units whether you have the barracks or not, just not reliably.

I'm not denying ToR has some benefits. As noted previously, it does occasionally drop FPs, and as you note it drop military units you don't have racks for. I'm not saying it's useless like Notre Dame or the Colosseum. I'm just saying that IMO 36 tiles is a lot of space for something that's more of a gimmick than a fundamental GB. I've always had one until now; now that the HC has come along (the same size, conveniently) I'm switching to that as my "gimmick" GB. I would still recommend ToR to players starting out; I just think at a certain point it's not as efficient as other options relative to its size and production output. Not so much about ToR being bad, just that other better stuff arrives and phases it out.

DeletedUser26432

level 58 is 9 next chance is 10 at level; 91. So far it seems a pretty useless GB at lower levels so unless you plan on takin it to atleast 58 for 9 battles do not bother :)

RazorbackPirate

I don't know. At level 10, it gives me on average one Spoil of War per day. When the spoil is 200 FPs. that's very nice, with GBG now active, the big goods spoils, and the rogue rewards are also nice. The supplies it give daily are nice for my CA city, especially since they're then used to complete UBQs. for more goods and FPs.

While I'm working on taking it much higher fairly quickly, I'm very happy with the performance and investment even at this low level. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Salsuero

level 58 is 9 next chance is 10 at level; 91. So far it seems a pretty useless GB at lower levels so unless you plan on takin it to atleast 58 for 9 battles do not bother :)

I've had mine at level 10 since it came out. Works great for me! Love the tons of supplies it pumps out in the lower ages as well. Definitely worth having, in my opinion. I just started taking it up to level 20 (basically because I've run out of low-level GBs worth raising, not because it "needs" to be leveled higher) and I'll let it sit there for who knows how long. It'll work at least as well as it has for me at level 10, so I'm sure I'll continue to be happy with it.