• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Hovertanks in AF

DeletedUser38658

I am in AF for some time. I use only the tropps I get form GE. I have only one Hover tank left and I keep fighting with the tank plus rogues. It seems much more effective to me then to use AF troops. Whta am I doing wrong?!

Graviton

Since you only have 1 HT left, I'd say you need to build a Hover Tank base. It's my experience that Hover Tanks remain the go-to attack vehicle through AF unless you're going against a lot of Plasma Artillery.

DeletedUser29726

4 battle forts 4 plasmas (and variations thereof - including sometimes substituting rail guns for hitting battle forts) was my go-to in AF. It works against the first 3 difficulties and some of the 4th. Hover tanks suffer too much against plasmas/rail guns that are quite prevalent in AF - bringing your own plasmas allows you to take out the enemy plasmas before they can fire and the higher attack of the battle fort is occasionally relevant and stealth is unimportant once you've brought unstealthed units in (the plasmas). Dragon Drones and/or Dragon Drone + rogues is also usable if there's a ton of artillery or all-fasts. Hovers are still useful for some encounters and if you're set on fighting as much as possible you should have a hover barracks up so your traz can make some.

Now in OF... then the hover tank really takes over (because the turturret can't hit stealthed units and the medusa is exposed for immediately being taken out after initial shots are absorbed by rogues) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38658

So, you mean that if we want to fight GvG in AllAges, the best troop is the Hovertank?
We have to go to VF to get something better? Not even there?
It's a bit strange th

DeletedUser29726

So, you mean that if we want to fight GvG in AllAges, the best troop is the Hovertank?
We have to go to VF to get something better? Not even there?
It's a bit strange th

GvG and GE are different beasts. In GvG the hover tank is one of many units you might choose for your auto in AA - it does have issues with things like 8 medusas, or mostly railguns with a couple mortar units to transform the rogues, or samurais, etc etc.

Other common autos (nowhere near a complete list)
Ronin + 7 rogue
2 Sub + 6 rogue
2 turturret/rocket troop 2 ronin/sub + 4 rogue
1 Dragon drone + 7 rogue
8 Eels

Essentially what you're doing in AA by advancing is increasing your options - DAs can be made to make any specific auto's life miserable - but there's no ideal DA, which also means there's no ideal auto. You try to put a mix of different DAs to cover most of the ones you can think of. But as you fight a guild repeatedly you might find a weird solution that works great against what they use :)