• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] HELP!(i started a guild)and need advice abp\out recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadfulCadillac

Hi, i started a guild today, took a AA gvg sector, and am already lvl 1 . There are 3 other people in the guild, and one of those 3 is just visiting my guild. they are all in ia and under a mil points. i have 1.8 million points. my question is how do i get some higher aged players in My guild?

DreadfulCadillac

You can start by learning to have some patience. You started shouting for advice less than 40 minutes after having created it, as folks weren't immediately running to help you. As a guild leader, you're working with real people, not minions who'll jump right up & help with everything you want the second you call for them.
i started it HOURS ago, not under a hour ago..and that pateince thing is a good idea thanks

DeletedUser33179

i started it HOURS ago, not under a hour ago..and that pateince thing is a good idea thanks

Not talking about your guild, I mean this thread of yours.

The time stamp I see for your OP here is currently 55 minutes ago, and 20 minutes ago for your pist shouting for advice. That's a span of only 35 minutes between politely asking for advice & then demanding advice in a full shout.

Would you want to have a guild leader who did that to you? I doubt it.

DeletedUser

I would suggest that you join a guild with good leadership and pay attention to what they do and how they do it. Guild leadership is not something you can learn from a few forum posts.

DeletedUser33179

I would suggest that you join a guild with good leadership and pay attention to what they do and how they do it. Guild leadership is not something you can learn from a few forum posts.

Fully agree!

im asking if anyone has any advice @Stephen Longshanks im not excpecting to learn all of it from the forum..i would spceficaly like to know if anyone has advice bout recruiting people..

Oh my. Here's your 2nd post in this thread, done immediately after your OP...

and how to run a guild and stuff

If you have no idea on how to setup & run a guild (beyond just creating it initially) + haven't yet learned skills on how to effectively deal/work with people In good times/bad times/etc when in a leadership role, then you're simply not going to create the type of guild you'd like.

It's great you have enthusiasm to be in a guild leadership role. To do it well, it's a lot of time, work & commitment. I suggest you follow @Stephen Longshanks advice.

If you prefer to continue as founder of your own guild, then I suggest you start focusing your attention to it & the 3 players you currently have in it. Right now, you're giving the impression here (at least how I see it) that you don't know how to setup basic guild components (swap threads, communications threads, help/guides for various topics, etc) or even what all those components are. And you seem to care much more about types of players you don't have (higher Aged) instead of building a great team with the players you do have.

DeletedUser

im asking if anyone has any advice @Stephen Longshanks im not excpecting to learn all of it from the forum..i would spceficaly like to know if anyone has advice bout recruiting people..
And I gave you advice. Good advice. You're not going to attract members if you don't know what you're doing. You put the cart before the horse. You learn how to run/lead a guild first, then you start your own. Not the other way around. I was in several guilds before I ever got into leadership, and then helped lead several others before starting my own first guild. Took about two years of learning what and what not to do in order to have the kind of guild I wanted.

DeletedUser37581

I can't imagine that very many established players are going to jump into a newly created guild unless they already know the guild's leader.

DreadfulCadillac

Fully agree!

Oh my. Here's your 2nd post in this thread, done immediately after your OP...

If you have no idea on how to setup & run a guild (beyond just creating it initially) + haven't yet learned skills on how to effectively deal/work with people In good times/bad times/etc when in a leadership role, then you're simply not going to create the type of guild you'd like.

It's great you have enthusiasm to be in a guild leadership role. To do it well, it's a lot of time, work & commitment. I suggest you follow @Stephen Longshanks advice.

If you prefer to continue as founder of your own guild, then I suggest you start focusing your attention to it & the 3 players you currently have in it. Right now, you're giving the impression here (at least how I see it) that you don't know how to setup basic guild components (swap threads, communications threads, help/guides for various topics, etc) or even what all those components are. And you seem to care much more about types of players you don't have (higher Aged) instead of building a great team with the players you do have.
i know those componets lol the 2nd post was a mistake... i am just wondering how to recruit

DreadfulCadillac

and at the end of the day, i got a of player int rested cause both of us dont like 2sns( the top guild) in my world.... #thenemyofmyenemyismyfriend
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.