• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

DeletedUser30312

Well, yeah I'm a little more comfortable on the expansions now.

DeletedUser27046

So what the bleep is going on with this settlement thing anyway, I do one settlement,,one in each world,, and can add and delete goods buildings 4x and no problem, now with this settlement, one world I was able to do the same thing, but the other one won't let me, so with just over 11 hours left, I have to try and come up with at least one more expansion so as to have room for every thing. @#$%^&*:mad:

Agent327

So what the bleep is going on with this settlement thing anyway, I do one settlement,,one in each world,, and can add and delete goods buildings 4x and no problem, now with this settlement, one world I was able to do the same thing, but the other one won't let me, so with just over 11 hours left, I have to try and come up with at least one more expansion so as to have room for every thing. @#$%^&*:mad:

Rather than using the forum for complaining I suggest you start using it to stay informed. It will open a world for you.

- KQ -

The ability to do that was deemed to be a bug and they "fixed it" with today's upgrade.

DeletedUser27046

Rather than using the forum for complaining I suggest you start using it to stay informed. It will open a world for you.
That sounds like a complaint to me.

You mean be informed with this apparent misinformation from the Guide thread ? Additionally, when starting with 0 goods buildings on the last quest, you can add/delete one goods building at a time to complete this part of the quest. You can no longer delete diplomacy buildings after reaching 1200.

Strange or maybe not so strange these day's, that you bypass the question and complain about problem that someone is having.

DeletedUser27046

The ability to do that was deemed to be a bug and they "fixed it" with today's upgrade.
Thank you KungQu, from what I have been reading, it's been back and forth on if one can add and then delete the goods buildings, and I guess I missed the update announcement on the homepage, think it got hidden by the quick addition of the Anniversary announcement.

Agent327

Thank you KungQu, from what I have been reading, it's been back and forth on if one can add and then delete the goods buildings, and I guess I missed the update announcement on the homepage, think it got hidden by the quick addition of the Anniversary announcement.

That must be it.

RazorbackPirate

That sounds like a complaint to me.

You mean be informed with this apparent misinformation from the Guide thread ? Additionally, when starting with 0 goods buildings on the last quest, you can add/delete one goods building at a time to complete this part of the quest. You can no longer delete diplomacy buildings after reaching 1200.

Strange or maybe not so strange these day's, that you bypass the question and complain about problem that someone is having.
Sure, cause the world's out to get you.

OR what @Agent327 was referring to was that the answer to your complaint/rant was covered in the latest Changelog announcement. Maybe he was referring to those of us who use the Forum to 'stay informed' about the changes to the game instead of using it to rant about changes to the game.
Nice backpedal, but I'm going with the more likely scenario that you didn't bother to look before coming here to scream WTF?

DeletedUser30312

Huh. I had my historical visitors to my Settlement again. Is this some kind of weird mobile bug going on? Last time the 4 crashed the Settlement, I was doing construction work, and earlier I was tearing down all my stuff and putting in the last stuff I needed to finish things off for this round. I don't know if moving roads around or something is causing a glitch that makes them appear. I've only seen it on mobile, but I have animations turned off on the browser version because they don't work right, people move around for a few seconds and disappear completely, so I leave it off for performance. So I'm not sure if this is occurring only on the mobile version. If I'd done the van Gogh event, he'd probably be roaming around too, likely looking for some ice for his ear.

DeletedUser32348

is there any rough guide how to finish the settlement faster or within time?

DeletedUser32348

@icarusethan Thanks for ur comment.
guide:
step 1, THINK
also thanks for pointing out me to the right direction @Orius Maximus
There's one or two guides over in the Guides section of the forum.

if anyone's looking for a guide to finishing Viking settlement one. u can find one in the link below with more detailed description.
Link 1
Link 2
but i think i found a much better one in the FoE Wiki Fanpage Comments Wiki Comments
Unfortunately, idk the player's name in FoE or which Server he/she is from.
And if u're here Thanks.NICOMARX59
1) I usually start in the evening (8 pm).

2) Build 6 shacks and 2 Axe Smiths. Note that due to obstacles you might not be able to connect all schacks to a road, but that doesn't matter much.

3) Produce axes for 8h (overnight) = 20 axes (at least if no 4x bonus)

4) Buy 2 expansions (6 axes) and unlock the shrine (10 axes)

5) Delete 1 axe smith, ideally you should now have 9 shacks, 5 shrines and 1 axe smith

6) Produce axes until you can unlock the mead brewery.

7) Delete the axe smith and build a mead brewery.

8) With the first 10 meads, unlock 2 additional expansions.

9) Build additional shacks, shrines and rebuild the Axe Smith (you now have 1 Mead Brewery and 1 Axe Smith).

10) Replace as many shacks you can with huts (saves space). You can now maybe already have 3 Goods Buildings.

10) Produce goods until you can unlock the Beast Hunter. Build it (normally you can temporarily have 3 Goods buildings).

11) With the first 10 horns, unlock 2 additional expansions. You can now for sure have 3 Goods Buildings (1+1+1 or 2+1 depending on the goods needed to unlock the next building).

12) I usually unlock 2 additional expansions with horns because waiting for the wool farm is simply too long. With 8 purchased expansions, you can have 4 goods buildings, which is the target.

13) The rest comes easily (Replace as many shrines you can with markets and the huts with 2 clan houses, it is usually enough).

To summarize buy 2 expansions with axes, 2 with meads and 4 with horns (unless you want to wait for the wool farm).

Target 4 goods buildings.

Logging in 3 times a day (morning, lunch and evening) is enough (4 or 8h productions)

here's a screenshot if it helps anyone.
Screenshot-2019-04-22-Vikings.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25795

OK it's been a while but i finally finished 15 settlements and went to do the quick FP gathering method. Until now i have not abandoned a settlement but now i am as i only do the first few quests each 24 hours. I noticed that the rocks are all in the same location after each time i abandon this settlement early. I thought that one of the good reasons for abandoning a settlement early is if you have a bad start location of rocks all in the starting area. I see this is not the case.

If we have a bad start location and abandon the settlement I feel the rocks should also be reset and each time you start a new settlement the rocks should be placed randomly. Otherwise you could end up with a bad starting position, and you can never change it.

Anyone else agree?

cton2.forge

I found a bug in the cultural settlements - the first 2 or 3 iterations it worked very smoothly, no problems. Then I had a baby. Now I can't finish a settlement within the time limits to save my life. I could get rid of the kid but I am sure there would be a very dramatic, very negative response plus momma might murder me in my sleep. So I have been unable dedicate any time whatsoever to the settlements, now it takes 30 days+ to finish a settlement.

Or I can just find a good therapist for the kid....

DeletedUser25795

Then I had a baby.

CONGRATZ :) Yep settlements tend to get tougher as the time to complete gets reduced each time. (the x4% chance increases a small amount but then it's more luck based if you can finish it in the reduced time). REAL LIFE should always come first (even though gaming is my life :) ) If you do a settlement slowly you still get the tree upgrades and the emissaries just not the runestone so no biggie unless you want a city full of runstones. (even after completing 15 settlements in the shortest time you still only get 1 lvl 5 and 1 lv 4 runestone)

RazorbackPirate

I just finished my 8th settlement in two worlds. In one world, I got a bit jammed up on copper coins which put my goods productions behind. Luckily, I was able to pull it out with about 10 minutes left on the first timer. The settlement was a disaster, but I made it just in time.

DeletedUser37581

The timer keeps counting down even though i finish the Viking Village event / quest. This should be fixed, the timer should stop once the quest are finished. If I take the rewards I can't go back to my village and produce medals with out the timer counting down against me.
The Viking Settlement doesn't produce medals. Perhaps you could elaborate on what you are wanting to accomplish.

DeletedUser10515

When is the next settlement coming out? I completed the viking settlement twice and haven't done it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: